Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Letterhead Picnic at the Ranch - pics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Letterhead Picnic at the Ranch - pics
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is by no means full coverage, however here's a small sampling of what went on yesterday!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the pics Donna!

Question..Was Steve able to wipe the "Dawggie Poo" off his left hand??? [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its Janis' birthday today so its another day of celebrating here at the ranch. Funny how it is kinda low key though on account everyone is kinda tired...

One pic to show from me from the picnic yesterday... its one of only three taken with my camera. Its the group shot... with most who came in it although a few had to leave early.

-

Thanks again all who helped and participated! The meet was another dream come true!

-grampa dan

[ July 30, 2006, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pics Donna...here's a link to some more...kick your feet up Dan, ya deserve a rest...HB Janis thanks for sharing Dan with us for the weekend.
More pics and smart Alex comments from that Dog gone hound.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pics Duncan..lot's of "Dawggie Poo" spread around!!! Good job! [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I wish so much I could have been there too! Looks like so much fun!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the pics, Donna and Duncan! We've been busy today taking down the last of the set-up for the picnic this morning, thanks to a few fellow heads who dropped by. I've had a chance to poke into the shop a couple of times today for a few secs only...

As I see the very cool banner which John Lennig did and the panels which others did so cool and left behind for me.... they will be displayed proudly on the walls with all my other treasures.

Each time I see the artwork in the shop I will fondly remember this wonderful event and the people who came. The 'wall of fame' sports the names and art of many more of my heroes.

This was but the FIRST picnic here at the ranch... a trial run to see how many we could fit and see if we could pull off a satisfactory meet. I think it was a wonderful success and there will be more down the road. The next one will be a 3 day event without a doubt. The dates will be announced well in advance the next time too.

I KNOW the signdog was busy leaving his mark all through the shop... but he did indeed stoop very low to put one over the number plate on the MultiCam.... I MEAN ON MY BELOVED MULTICAM!!! I wonder just where else he might have stuck those vinyl stickers...

I WILL get even ya know... [Smile]

Thanks once again to ALL who made the Letterhead Picnic at the Ranch a success!

-grampa dan

[ July 31, 2006, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh great pics Duncan! I too wonder how long it will take Dan to find all your 'markings.'

Millie, I'm very proud of you! Keep pumping out those panels!

Dan, the 'cammed' L panels were so very cool. Thanks so much for the opportunity to work on one.

Steve, forgive me yet? I dunno what I did wrong but I'm sorry anyway. [Smile]

Barb, thanks for the loaner glasses. One day I'll even find my own.

Adrienne, I want to hear a full report on all the wonderful things you've done with rust soon! Oh, so sorry, I 'forgot' to sign your kit. [Smile]

Flapjack, how did you know I adore 'tall'?

Tim, Donna and Brian, nice golfin'! Next time I'll ensure I don't share trade secrets with those guys though!

Susan, shall we decal your car to resemble a taxi next time?? What'samatter Duncan, can't ya walk from Vedder?!? Maybe a coke will give you enough energy... isn't that what Dan does?

Alicia, amazing work on your truck! It was great to finally meet you.

Tim, haven't you left yet?!?

Cal, what's Tim waiting for? Man, some people's kids... drive already!

Phoebe, you are just too cute. And don't let your grampa forget it! Use it to your advantage every single day.

Phoenix and Becky, you have the most gorgeous daughter. Use it to your advantage every single day.

Mini horsies, you just smelled so great! Gotta love the smell of a horse!

Janis, thanks for sharing your guy and your home with all of us for a day.

Cook ladies and guys, oh my gosh.. next time I'm going up for 3rds!

etc etc etc. It was a wonderful meet. I think one of the coolest features was seeing everyone have lunch in true picnic fashion sitting on the grassy knolls.

The pace was very relaxed and casual. There were no intimidating moments at all, it was just a fun time to get down to work, laugh and tease each other.

It was also hard to concentrate on work. The visual in Dan's shop and studio is unlike any other I've seen. Works of art with every turn you take. Extremely inspiring.

Dan and his family and crew made the meet look easy, but I could see it was anything but. Anything that runs that smoothly took an enormous effort to pull off. And it was much appreciated!

Thanks for the memories! Have a meet anytime. I think I can make it... [Wink]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Jack Ambler
Resident

Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Ambler   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ambler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan and Everyone:

Thanks for the great time at the Ranch. It was wonderful to meet such a great bunch of people and especially exciting to see all of Dan's creations. What an imagination!

This was my first meet, but it will not be my last. Although I was nervous about attending, I agree with Donna that the meet was not at all intimidating and I have learned that Letterheads are a very friendly group of people who are more than willing to share their knowledge and have a good time while doing so.

An excellent day at the Ranch & Ridge! Thank you to all.

--------------------
Jack Ambler
Pinnacle Signs & Graphics
Penticton, BC, Canada V2A 7Z6
pinnacle@telus.net

Posts: 45 | From: Penticton, BC | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

hmmmm, just found a SIGNDOG decal on MY propane tank. Everybody, check your possessions! [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Duncan's luggage had nothing but SIGNDOG decals in it. We found one on Phoebe this morning! [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, how do you get your hands on one of thsoe stickers? :-)

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well K, normally (whatever normal is in my world) I like to install them when no one is looking...however I don't plan on being in Monterey anytime soon, so I'll mail ya a couple if you want...just email me you address. [Smile]
Actually Donna you found it pretty quick...I made it pretty easy for ya...Dan on the other hand will be turning them up for years...hehehehe

[ July 31, 2006, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Duncan Wilkie ]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Email Tim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sincerest thanks go out to Dan and his crew of helpers, what a great time it was, and what a huge amount of work it must have been for just a one day event. You did it in great style Dan, and I'm most definately looking forward to the big event when you have it in the future.

It was great to meet so many faces from here in person, although it was hard to find time to spend with everyone. And glad to see so many from the Splash meet and say hi again. Wish there will be more meets out here more often so we dont have to wait 3 years again to get together.

I'll hope to get my "L" panel finished within the next week and post a pic or two of it, and hope others do the same just to see the variety of creativeness from everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by Donna in BC:
Tim, haven't you left yet?!?

Cal, what's Tim waiting for? Man, some people's kids... drive already!

Knock it off "Miss Fish"! Too bad there's one less fish in the sea, but hopefully there is "plenty" left for me if I find the courage to do the same.

Finally got to meet Steve and Barb, what a great pair. And barb can confirm that I'm not really a grumpy old man at all! ha ha...

Hope everyone gets home safe. And keep those pictures coming, I know there were several cameras in action out there, so get them posted here for us, ok?

See you all next time......Tim

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Posts: 736 | From: Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to Dan, Janis and your Extended Crew!! We all sure ate well, in between having fun! Good to see
familiar faces as well as new!

Yarrow is a special place... Small Horses, goats, Giant walnut tree,the Mountains!

Big Top Johnny, still grinning

plus, Dan had some of the Old Oneshot, fulla lead! no chewing on the panels, now! [Eek!]

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Tim informed me that he had to leave early when he got there... but every time I looked around... there he was 'just getting ready to leave" He decided to come up to Giggle Ridge for golfing.. and then stay for supper. I heard many reports of him saying goodby to folks many times over.

We routed about 27 3D panels and there is only one left in the shop now. I look forward to seeing the finished results of the painting for I saw a LOT of wonderful creativity happening throughout the day.

I also gave a FIRST HAND demonstration of all the things that can go on when operating a router. Believe me its a job best done when you have no distractions and my mind was in a thousand places on Saturday. Although I didn't drill a hole in my table I did everything else wrong... including accidentally hitting the panic button and also losing my home position. I wrecked three attempts at routing a file... and didn't even get too flustered. It actually was all part of my plan to show that things don't always go smoothly at our shop. [Smile] I DO know how to operate the MultiCam... really!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

I was amazed how you stayed on schedule. A lot of activity was packed into a short time, but I never felt rushed. Considering the multitasking you were doing, everything went smoothly. Thank you guys so much.
Now... on the subject of stickers... I hope I didn't push my welcome by the decal scavenger hunt I dropped on you... and I really was only kidding when I wrote, "Dan is a slacker" on the wall... really...I just hope I don't see this sticker on the front gate the next time I visit your place.... [Wink]

-

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

The GREAT STICKER HUNT is indeed on and I'm enjoying it immensely! But it seems your brain works different than mine (IMAGINE THAT!) and most places where I would have hidden them are bare. But I have found a couple when I least expect it... like inside my Coke fridge and the one you posted a pic of on the MultiCam number plate. The one on the fire hydrant outside my studio door is a classic! and the one on the jobs pending bulletin board reminds me daily I need to get even!!!!!! (and BELIEVE ME I WILL!)

I am trying not to go out of my way too much in my search... but do thoroughly enjoy the discovery when I do come across one... like you say I think I will be discovering them for years to come and with each discovery I smile a BIG old smile!

I think I'll set Phoebe loose to look in all the low places.

Thanks for leaving your mark along with all the others who took the time to sign the wall of fame. I LOVE IT!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was indeed a great picnic. Thanks to Dan, crew and relatives for pulling it off in great style. Food was great, as was the location and the golfing.

Appreciated the demo by Crazy George on pinstriping. In spite of his physical challenges, he still loves to teach and it shows. Thanks George.

Dan, other than other Multicam owners, no-one probably realized you were making any mistakes.

Someone suggested a library card so we can check out some of the books you have collected, which are numorous. Most times there were at least a two or three people leafing through your goldmine of information.

It was great to meet some of the people from the Nanaimo meet, and got to meet Steve and Barb, what nice folks. Met some new folks as well, but unfortunately didn't get time to meet with them all. It's always nice to put a voice to fellow letterheads.

A 'full blown' event at your place would be great, I'd be there in a hearbeat.

Only took three pictures myself, forgot to take the camera out of my pocket, dang.

Adriene's toilet seat looked great, probably one of the few seats us guys would make sure to put back down when we are 'finished' doing our thing.

Have a great summer everyone.

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been holding back posting my 'Thankyous' to Dan and his family for a great 'Picnic at the Ranch'. I didn't want to seem too gushy....and I feel so much better that everyone has already gushed just as much about this meet as I would have.

My gratitude and appreciation for all those attending is hard to explain...Yes, Dan and family hosted this meet, and did an amazing job....for that we thank them for the hard work and planning they have done. Thanks to Dan's neighbor, Rosie for being such a good neighbor.

I would also like to thank those who attended: Mike and Patrick O'Neil, all the way from Labrador City, Nfld, David and Sophie Harding from Texas, Kurt Stoner and Bob Gilliland from Pennsylvania...Kerry Smith from Oregon, Alicia Jennings, Brian and Donna Diver, Adrienne Morgan her father Bob and sister Allison from Washington....and Tim Rieck, BC. for coming straight from hospital after fighting fire all night and suffering smoke inhalation.

Barb and Steve Shortreed fulfilled their dream of introducing their daughter, Heather and friend to Letterheads. Sandi Stephens and her friend Ken for being so enthusiastic, Murray Gibbs, Peter Schuttinga and his wife for coming from Vancouver Island, Duncan Wilkie of Edmonton for being so mischievious all day long ...Cal Trauter, Millie Watson, Kerry Roberts, Jack and Jill Ambler, Gerald Lauze, Donna Williams, John Lennig and Nick and Darlene Gidney of B.C., did I miss anybody? ....such a diverse crowd, everyone is so caring, so passionate about their art, but also caring and passionate about people in general and not afraid to share their tips. From the most ackomplished artist to the beginner painter....all of us felt so welcome, so included, so special, so comfortable...so this combined 'thank you' goes out to all that attended.
A special 'thank you' to Crazy George McKinnon for his pinstriping demonstration as even in ill health, he gave his all (& what a gorgeous ride).

I will sign off now.....my heart is full, my creative juices have been awakened again and I am excited to learn even more.......because of every single person at the picnic. THANKS SO MUCH!
(PS. Sorry if I missed anyone)

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Diver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Diver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got home and want to give a MONSTER "Thank You" to Dan and his crew for putting on a wonderful extended picnic. [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

Like others have mentioned it was great to see folks from the Nanaimo Splash meet a few years ago and fun to meet others local and far that I've wanted to meet and say Hi to for a long time.

Life would not be complete without meeting the hosts of this wonderful web site either - Thanks Steve & Barb for coming out! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

I've just now started to put some pictures up and will put more up later but here is a start. You can just click around and find about 13 shots right now.
http://www.pdq-signs.com/public/index.php?cat=1

I also really appreciate everyone being patient with those of us with a less refined talent of the brush. George and Cal answered many of my pinstriping questions. George did a great demo, explained all the different types of brushes, techniques, videos and more. Cal helped me figure out what I'm doing wrong while trying to pin stripe and I'm eager to splash some paint around.

Always a great adventure visiting these meets and an inspiration to be more creative.

I'll put more shots up later but at least this will wet the tastebuds. [Smile]

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Posts: 770 | From: Everett, WA 98201 USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

I really appreciated that you could come Brian! The various details of the meet kept me from getting involved much with the painting and such, but as I rushed by I could see many of the folks getting involved. Lots of knowlege was being passed from person to person.

Thanks too for posting some of your pics. It helps me fill in the gaps fo what I missed.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's exactly as I suspected, Brian...Tim looks just as happy in person!
love....Jill
[Smile]

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Diver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Diver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I finally have the rest of the pictures up, it only took half the night and a bit of the morning.

http://www.pdq-signs.com/public/index.php?cat=10001

Sorry I didn't get everyones names on there but you can shoot me an email and I'll put names to faces. If anyone wants any higher res shots let me know and I'll shoot them your way.

Thanks Jill, I wanted to make sure that Tim remains himself, you do know that he is in the witness protection program right [Wink]

Dan, once again major Kudos (to the 5th power) to you and the gang for putting on a very special event. I'm glad I could take as many photos as I did to help capture it.

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Posts: 770 | From: Everett, WA 98201 USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

I know there were about 20 cameras that took the group shot, will one of you shoot me an original hi-res version.

Muchas Gracias
info@pdq-signs.com

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Wow Brian, full coverage definately! Great pics and a nice way to view them too! Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many good things! If this was a "small get together" imagine what would happen if Dan had a "BIG" meet.

I weep that I couldn't be there [Frown]

The Phoebe Hauling Co. wheelbarrow is terrific!

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got mine downloaded, still resizing and cropping, but I will get them up soon.

Some of teh pics I rea;lly wanted didn't come out (new camera, didn't read the book) and I'm sure someone took a good one (the rooster sign for instance)

Haven't looked at all the video yet.

Anyone want a tape let me know.
A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

quote:
Originally posted by Adrienne Morgan:
I've got mine downloaded, still resizing and cropping, but I will get them up soon.

Haven't looked at all the video yet.

Sounds like a good excuse to have a meet and eat Popcorn [Wink]

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Gerald Lauze'
Visitor
Member # 6443

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gerald Lauze'   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Lauze'       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my turn to chime in here and present my thoughts and pictures. For some reason I thought my memory will serve me just fine in the future: I took only 6 pictures. Or was it 7? See I've lost it already. Seriously though, it will be hard to forget the event. Truly inpressive.

I'll start by saying thank you to Dan for inviting me a few weeks before the "picnic". I hadn't come to the board in a while and would have missed it otherwise. It was very much appreciated.

I was amazed by the scope of the artistry at the picnic. I was really inpressed by Steve and John's hand lettering ability, Cal wicked pinstriping and damned straight lines, Alicia's kick-a$$ tonneau cover mural and tailgate sign and of course Dan's shop and property. The golf game was a blast..I got the high score, not too shabby I must say. A great way to get to know 3 other fellow letterheads. THe most useful part of the day other than eating the great food was the impromtu chat about the business, marketing and basicaly removing the veil of secrecy that is your business. There were about 8 of us talking, everyone's opinion and suggestions valid and constructive. My ride home was a blur as I thought of what would come tomorrow. It was a great day.

So here are my pics. My pics of Alicia's tonneau cover do not do it justice but you get the scope of the detail none the less. All the pics can be download full res at
http://www.imperium-design.com/LHPR
the little versions are the ones ending with "sm"
big ones without.

Cheers everyone,

Gerald

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Gerald Lauzé
FeatureWorx Creative Fabrication
206-19148 27th ave
Surrey BC

Posts: 264 | From: Cloverdale ( Surrey ) BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!