Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Whats up for this week?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats up for this week?
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering what everyone is working on this week.

I've hired a student whom I'm delighted to say is catching on very quickly. She's coming in today and I'm trying to spent quite a bit of time training so she can be a better help than the last couple I've had.

I'm printing some 4X8 prints for outdoor signs, designing another couple of farm signs, cranking out about 50 safety signs, designing & producing two sets of truck doors. I've got lots more in my pile, but I'm not going to think about that until next week.

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First priority is the few banners I need to do (wtf am I the banner queen now?, done more in past 6 months than I have in past almost 6 years).

Then I've got to quote out a couple jobs, one of which I'm not really wanting to do.

I'd have to sort through the stack to find out what's on the agenda after that & I really don't want to do that.

All this while waiting for & hoping verizon shows up & actually manages to fix my phone today.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm working on 4-4x8s & a 8x16 Co-op sign as well as starting the Past Times sign I posted a while back, I'm also trying to squeeze in work on an entry monument sign for our town that I have been working on for over a year. It is a donation, so it sits pretty low on the priority list, but with my niece's wedding in August and my daughter's in September it would be nice to have it up. In a town with a population of 27 there isn't a lot that happens here. Then I have a couple of truck decals to crank out and some picture framing to do as well as a couple of designs ..... Optimistic aren't I. [Smile] But with Jim away for the week I should be able to put in some long hours.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue Brown
Visitor
Member # 6677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Brown   Email Sue Brown       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, im not even sure i want to think about what all needs to be done this week.. ever so often its like the flood gates open on our shop and we end up with with our work board overflowing.. Usuallly this happens when i mistakenly think im all caught up and in control of things (hehe)..
This week i have lettering for the wall of the museum, 2 x 5' by 8' backlite sign for a resturant, 6 digital banners (hemmed and with grommets) 3 x 3' x 20' ft banners with vinyl, and 5- 36" by 36" metal signs for various car dealers. Logo design to tweak and make into various size stickers, a menu board to design.. ..

ok im getting dizzy.. this week does have 10 days right?

--------------------
sue brown
american instant signs
pasadena, calif

Posts: 90 | From: southern california | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week? Hmmmmmm.....

5000 piece decal order, lettering for 1 van and 2 pickups, a 2x3 sandblasted sign, another 20 piece decal order, 2 license plates, striping and lettering for 1 firetruck, 1- 150 piece t-shirt order (8 color print), and 3 sets of family reunion t-shirts (roughly 600 t-shirts / 1 color prints), and a 24 piece golf shirt order for the local Masons.

Next week is gonna be worse.

-

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10691 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of a sudden my procrastinating has caught up to me. We're in the process of redesigning all of the membership information for all 3 golf courses for the 2007 year. Shouldn't be a problem at all except somehow a few of the files from last year got either corrupted or lost. Oh well, just have to do them from scratch again.

I stayed up until 10 last night working on some flyers for the Phoenix course and finished one, decided to use that same base to do the next one. Yup, you guessed it, forgot to save the original. There's a reason I don't work at night (oh and chat at the same time - LOL).

I promised myself that I'd get this all done this week and then Sammie and I are headed back to Lodi on Sunday/Monday to give Robin a hand finishing up her roman mural. Really looking forward to that but maybe not the heat up there!

[ July 19, 2006, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Kimberly Zanetti ]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am working on 16 coro signs with step stakes, jusr finished 2 small signs for a guy to screw onto his planks on his dump truck plus his vinyl adds that go on a "mudder". He also wants me to start a small sandblasted sign for his farm.

I have 2 banners to do for my girlfriend's church for tomorrow too. She wants us to skip work tomorrow & run up to Erie to sit in the water & I am afraid to go, I have so much other stuff to do!!!!!!!!!!!! But I may just go for it, before I go nuts!

One more thing....... I am learning to set BOUNDARIES with people & to say NO!!!!!!

A guy came in my shop with a molded piece of cement with the Navy seal on it & I agreed to paint it different colors for a stupidly cheap price because the guy said he is on a "fixed income", never mind the huge fancy new truck he drove! Plus, another older friend asked me to help with a layout for her class reuinion! I am NOT a craft or hobby lady & I am not a printer!!!!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmm, kinda reminds me of Deri's rant not long ago! [Smile]

[ July 19, 2006, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Bobbie Rochow ]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Vickio
Resident

Member # 2265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Vickio   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Vickio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know where to start! Just got 64 sheets of Alumalite, ranging from 4'x8' to 5'x10', for new signs for the Nascar race at Watkins Glen. Signs range fron 4'x8' to 4'x62'. Have 6 logos to paint on the asphalt (300 sq. ft. each) and 2 grass paintings (300 sq. ft each). Also have to letter 3 Pace cars .............. all before August 8!!!
I'm out of control!!!

--------------------
Tony Vickio
The World Famous Vickio Signs
3364 Rt.329
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
t30v@vickiosigns.com
607-535-6241
http://www.vickiosigns.com

Posts: 1063 | From: Watkins Glen, New York | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jake snow
Resident

Member # 5889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jake snow   Author's Homepage   Email jake snow       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7' tall tequila bottle and 4' tall margarita glass, both carved out of foam. Both are halfrounds. Mounted on a wall and plumbed so that (colored) water will pour out of the bottle and into the glass, kinda like a fountain. Its for a new Mexican joint.

Gotta make a custom label for the bottle also.

Vickio.. you da man!

--------------------
Snow's Sign Works
865-908-0076
snowman@planetc.com
www.snowsigns.com

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Posts: 1640 | From: Sevierville, TN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, normal, easy week here...

4 highway tractors (all repeats) and a 4'x3' double sided MDO for a hairdresser (paid in full, in advance)

Don't have the foggiest idea what next week will bring.

Next month will be a bit more hectic...8 new highway tractors for one company and 12 for another. All with stripes and swooshes and stuff. Plus whatever else comes along. Ah well, at least the money will be handy!! [Wink]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8887 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dream of jobs like that, Jake.

I have two, let me say that again, TWO Gerber Sabre routers that broke at the same time .....
I mean seriously at the same time, like 5 minutes after the first one broke, the second one broke.

So, Im' replacing TWO y axis lead screws this week.
I feel no love.

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jake snow
Resident

Member # 5889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jake snow   Author's Homepage   Email jake snow       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonathan, the best part of these jobs are the research [Smile]

Ya gotta have a model to go by [Wink]

--------------------
Snow's Sign Works
865-908-0076
snowman@planetc.com
www.snowsigns.com

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Posts: 1640 | From: Sevierville, TN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple logo designs, my panel, my roland contest wrap, van window lettering (first "sign" job in a year),some illustrations to do for istock, and a heavy metal t-shirt design as well.
Nothing major but enough to keep me goin.

Jonathan: You must be running those routers alot to have those lead screws go out on ya like that. OUCH! Hope yer up and running quickly!

Stevo [Smile]

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My panel, clearcoating a construction helmet that got blue-fire flames today, vinyl on 12 glass doors, more work on the mural in the showroom, got a '70 Camaro to do fire on the hood, designing a truck going to the SEMA show, 2 HDU signs to repair for another shop, 15 windshield graphics and starting to pack for the move back up to NH.

It's a living...
[Wink]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake,

Don't do too much "research" or your job might end up resembling Jonathan's lead screws. Should that happen, save some "research" for your client. The more he "researches", the better the job will look to him.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5095 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake, I here ya! I think I need to find someone who needs a 7ft tall Jameson bottle so I can do some research.

Stevo, yeah the company I work for (read, owns me)wholesales carved HDU. So the one router runs about 45 - 50 hours a week and it eats at least one leadscrew per year. The other one is 10 years old and just cuts aluminum, this is only the second leadscrew it ever chewed up.

The whole 8+' long leadscrew thing is pretty poorly designed. There should really be a rack and pinion in there for a drive that long.

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good times under the BIG TOP here!

Tues. Letter ski boat, then go letter on big steel portable lab, safety stuff

Wed. letter 50' cabin cruiser, in water, but big,heavy, no rockin'

Thurs: regroup, work on Picnic Pieces

Friday: a day back on Movie "Deck the Halls" (vinyling on news van and fire truck.0

Sat. letter 2 small wooden boats (in their shop)

Monday: repair damaged surface gilding in mansion (a location used on the TV show The L Word

Happy Brushes=Happy Johnny! [Razz]

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur Vanson
Deceased

Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Vanson   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur Vanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, I 'ave been mostly locking through the Swan Uppers.

There are only four people in the world who could say that today! And only one at Mapledurham.

My little moment of exclusivity. [Smile]

Swan Upping

--------------------
Arthur Vanson
Bucks Signs
Chesham, Buckinghamshire,
England
arthur@buckssigns.co.uk
--------------------

Posts: 805 | From: Chesham, Bucks, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now we're in Gear up mode for next week to start the manufacturing of another Pole sign for a new bank. Nice Job 6x16 Can with a 12' Tall Stack stone Coulum.

Finished a Routed Flame Burned Ranch Entrance Sign. One solid Peice of Tree. 2'x16'

A mess of Real Estate Signs. (The Kid gets them)
And about 10 more bids to finish up.

Did land one nice monument Job yesterday. The Developers are having us sandblast 2- 3'x12' Peices of Solid Limestone. Once I find it.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

I an leaping with joy, both Sabres are functioning! [Big Grin]

Now I have to figure out how to catch up on about 150 hrs. worth of routing. [Confused]

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OKay, who stuck to their lists and got it done? I only got one of the farm signs designed, and I'm working on the other truck door layout today! I got sidetracked and primed and painted an HDU sign, and goldleafed a diabond sign instead.

Anyone else have trouble sticking to their game plan?

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Workin on my tan!

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what? who meeee? yep lets see...that dimensional sign due last friday is still here in my shop...although its finished its not up yet. i think tomorrow is the game plan. as far as everything else...i'm still playing catch up. thankfully the phone has been fairly quiet this week. next week i'll be caught up...yeah right!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok everybody stop reading and typing and start working!

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!