Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » So ya wanna come to Moose Jaw, Eh!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So ya wanna come to Moose Jaw, Eh!
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How in the world do you know how big a meet will turn out to be? That is probably one of the biggest challenges, figuring out how many people to plan around.

We're hoping to get a web site up early this fall with links to the local attractions, registration and projects, seminars etc. I hope that people will consider registering early in order to assist in our planning. I've got a great crew beside me and we'd like to make this one to remember. (In a positive light... [Wink] )

If feedback so far is an indication we may need to limit participation. If anyone is fairly certain they will be there, (we won't hold you to it), I've started a list of possible participants. They will be emailed to confirm their participation before we open registration. Those of you who have told any of us you are planning on attending, please email me so I can be sure you are listed for the advance notification. This will help us greatly in the next few months in planning how much we take on. We do have some free accommodations and camping available.

If you are planning on bringing your kids let us know, if there are quite a few coming we will perhaps set up some extra-curricular activities for them. But we need to know early.

We'd be really interested in any feedback as to what Letterheads feel is good and bad about the meets they have attended. We are doing a bit of a hybrid meet, melding a Walldog meet with a Letterhead one. We have some concerns about it, but we are planning to have all the mural painting, panel jamming and seminars in one large building. Hopefully that will allow for a little better organization.

If what I experienced at the bigger meets I have attended lately is an indication, I think we need to be cautious about lining up too many projects. So far we have 5 murals planned with a possible 6th one. A few seminars (angel gilding, design, goldleafing, carving, 3-D.... ), a 1915 fire truck to be goldleafed and striped and Rodger McMunn will be leading a project to "Sign" the burrowing owl center.

Most importantly we would like to see this as a positive and unstressed experience for the participants and project leaders. We are planning to have lots and lots of time to kick back and paint panels, visit, share, and have a jam session or two. We are thinking of a gangster style cabaret(costumes optional)one night and maybe a campfire another night. Moose Jaw has some pretty interesting attractions and there will be trolley tours of the existing murals and tunnel tours available for any who want. A trolley or tunnel full of Letterheads sounds like a blast to me. [Smile]

If there are any merchants out there interested in helping out in any way, or any one interested in leading a project or doing a demo let us know.

Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call it an "International Meet" Kelly [Wink]

Because you already have at least two Ozzies coming from 1/2 way around the world!

Sue & I will be there for sure. Already organising a week in BC prior. Gotta lot of old friends to catch up with. Can't forget a visit to "Grandpa's" house either. Then proably drive across the Rockies to Edmonton and hook up with Dawgie. Cool beans!

Afterwards depends on how long we can stay away from home [Smile]

11.5 months and counting down.

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarge   Email sarge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there too Kelly....
Jon and I spoke recently and we have the same desires about where to go and what to see.....
We might go as a group.... what do ya think Jon?
I'm coming no matter what!

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Posts: 255 | From: Nerang, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in, Kelly- it's on my list for next year as a "must do"!
the wandering Cat

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna be there Kell. Count me in too. This year I haven't hit any, so next year I get to hit two! And yours is one.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to come Kelly. I can bring my guns, eh?

(..____________________,i
/ `---___________----____] = = = BANG!
/_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
), ---.(_(__) /
// (..) ), ----"
//___//
//___//
//___//

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ricky,

This is a gangster theme - use the underground....
We'll hide you in the tunnels...

However, with that tag line we'd just have to beat you up when you get here. Then we'd hide your body in the tunnels. [Razz] [I Don t Know]

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Sharrard
Resident

Member # 388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Sharrard   Email Robin Sharrard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's on my schedual Kelly, I think I got the wife talked in to coming along as well...we just gotta figure out what to do with a house full of PETS!!! Robin & Melinda

--------------------
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Sign
Fallon, Nevada
rds@phonewave.net
"Proud $$$ Supporter"

Posts: 282 | From: Fallon, Nevda, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kelly...Samantha and Clay and I are going to do our very best to get there. If we can figure out HOW to get there that is! LOL

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu Friesen
Resident

Member # 6358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu Friesen   Email Stu Friesen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, you couldn't keep me away even if you built a tall wall on the border. Easy day's drive.

--------------------
Stu Friesen
Box 99
Estevan, SK
S4A 2A2
306-634-5975

Posts: 97 | From: Estevan, SK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If what I experienced at the bigger meets I have attended lately is an indication, I think we need to be cautious about lining up too many projects. So far we have 5 murals planned with a possible 6th one. A few seminars (angel gilding, design, goldleafing, carving, 3-D.... ), a 1915 fire truck to be goldleafed and striped and Rodger McMunn will be leading a project to "Sign" the burrowing owl center.
I'd say you were already way past the full list as far as projects to do. You guys are VERY ambitious!

But from talking to you in Lodi and hearing of your plans and preparations I think you will be able to pull it off in grand style! I'm hoping to be able to come, although I have to wait and see just how full our plate is as we approach next summer's season.

Moose Jaw should be a wonderful meet and you have lots of projects for EVERYONE to be involved in!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kellly,

You can count me in also. Line me up a wall to work on, my project went so well in Jacksonville, I'm ready for the next one.

Maybe I can talk my daughter into coming along for the ride, but only if she lets me work hard on some murals?

Sounds like a good place to hang out on the 4th, set me some Saskatoons aside will ya!

Let me know if I can help in any way?

take care

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracie Johnson
Visitor
Member # 6117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracie Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Tracie Johnson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm there; if you'll have me, barring any unforeseen catastrophe. Hopefully, my daughter will come along too.

Gotta make a trip to the "home country" I think if I want to keep my honourary Canadian status, eh?

--------------------
Tracie Johnson
Signovations
Ventura, California

Posts: 444 | From: Ventura, California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray MacDonald
Visitor
Member # 3558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murray MacDonald   Email Murray MacDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After this weekend, can't imagine not being in Moose Jaw. And we can stay on your boat right?
Deb

--------------------
Murray MacDonald
OldTime Signs
529 Third Ave S
Kenora, ON.
P9N 1Y3
oldtimesigns@gokenora.com

Posts: 781 | From: Kenora, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Twin Canoes [Wink]

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

John Jordan
Deceased

Member # 2368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Jordan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kelly.

You can count me as the third Aussie.......as we talked about on our private line, I'' confirm the dates later and maybe we'll get some work done somewhere along the line.

--------------------
Aussie John
Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia

man makes a thing of beauty of that which he loves

Posts: 148 | From: Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colleen Henderson
Resident

Member # 906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colleen Henderson   Email Colleen Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Save a place for Brad & I, Kel, can't miss this one!

--------------------
Colleen Henderson
Signs Now, Thunder Bay, ON
signsnow@tbaytel.net

Posts: 140 | From: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy Beaudette
Visitor
Member # 1983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy Beaudette   Author's Homepage   Email Nancy Beaudette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kelly,
Noella and I have it marked on our calendar! Can't wait.

--------------------
Nancy Beaudette
Cornwall, Ontario

Posts: 227 | From: Cornwall, Ontario | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly,
I am planning on coming to Moose Jaw. This will be my first trip in Canada. Ricky..got any advise for me...??
My hubby,Roger, maybe coming also. Will let you know for sure later.
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would love to go....when is this happening?

--------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere (Fergie)
J&N Signs
Winter did show up!

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, etc.
Yes...Yes...Yes....I will be there.....possibly Mike as well.
If you have a campfire.....call on Sandy(Monk) to work his magic with 'the circle of fire!'.
Looking forward to seeing you all.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly,
We`d like to come.

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh, Eh, I'd like to come to Moosejaw, and
do whatever Moosejawians,do so to speak and
eat some moose steak and moose soup and drink
some moosejaw beer and git crazy and throw a
shoe.........that's the way ya do it, ya play
the git tar on the MTV.!
Well maybe just paint a little and behave.
How do a person get there and where is it?
Can I bring my grandma?

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joanna Barnett
Visitor
Member # 6544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joanna Barnett   Email Joanna Barnett       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly,.. I'm in for sure!! Keep me a spot!! and if you need help with anything just let me know I'll try to help!!

--------------------
Joanna Barnett
Blackfoot, ALberta

Posts: 207 | From: Nipawin | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Jack, You get your Crazy Butt down here - grandmother and all! It wouldn't be the same without! Best bet wouild be to fly and it isn't until July 4-8, 2007 so you have lots of time to earn some pennies for the fare.
Thanks for the responses everyone.

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!