Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » ever get the feeling you are being watched?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ever get the feeling you are being watched?
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well today i was just sitting on the property trying to get motivated to get back to work inside...and i felt like i was being watched. i looked up the hill and there's my pal. i couldn't believe i had my digital camera on me! and he was gracious enough to wait for me to get my camera out so i could snap his photo. i told him i'd leave him some fruit and veggies on the rock later. i talked to him for a long time...he didn't have too much to say but i told him how handsome he was anyway...in my best dr doolittle voice. [Big Grin] talk about living in paradise!  -

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's impressive Karyn... wow...

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4356 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Racz
Visitor
Member # 4376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Racz   Email Steve Racz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way cool Karyn! Have you seen the moose lately?

They reintroduced black bears into NJ a while back and we saw a mom and 2 cubs in a state park near the Delaware Water Gap (north jersey). haven't seen any around here though... too much asphalt.

--------------------
Steve Racz
Racz's Handcarved Signs

Posts: 1078 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Karyn you are SOOO blessed! Wow! I would love so much to live in the mountains with the rocks, moss, pine trees, deer, & bears! yesssirrreeeeeeee!!!!!!

Tell your buddy I said "Hi!"

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is probaly saying "hummm, I wonder how blonds taste." No thanks. You keep the bears. I don't want to have to worry about them if I'm out looking for a berry patch.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very impressive and beautiful picture, but I think Laura has a point, it is still a wild animal. Lots of bears around here. Please be careful, they do attack occasionally. We regularly lost calves to black bears. Against popular belief they do NOT eat just berries....

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1966 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He thnking,, "man,, should I eat her NOW! or should I save her till later"...

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now me, I wouldn't be taking pics of bears that close to my casa. I would have grabbed a 2x4 and flung it at that hairy critter. I'd like to keep on reading your posts, Karyn, not the bear's. Be careful.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3845 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kayrn - That's awesome! The only bear I've ever seen in the wild was a brief glimpse of a mama bear & a cub - they were along the river bank at Wakulla State Park, Florida - we were on the glass bottom boat tour they run there - my daughter was standing with me at the starboard rail of the boat & she missed it - Wakulla is an awesome place as well though - plenty of other wildlife - it's where they made a lot of the Tarzan movies with Johnny Weismuller - Gin Clear Water - you can be in a boat over the main Headspring & see a penny on the floor 168 feet down - that's deep. . . . .

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Elliott
Resident

Member # 1262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Elliott   Email Chris Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That IS a nice pic Karyn, but bears are just like buffalo.... big, strong, somewhat unpredictable and can cover an amazing amount of ground in a hurry when they decide to get closer to you. Unlike buffalo though, they will sometimes decide to eat you so don't make the same mistake that Timothy Treadwell & his girl friend did. "Grizzly Man" & bear meet for lunch

For more info check out:
wikipedia artcle on "Grizzly Man"
Man shoots big griz while answering nature's call
a Very BIG Bear
Anthropomorphism

So, bears are cool but deserve repect for what they are, and remember, please don't feed the bears [Cool] [Wink]

--------------------
Chris Elliott
1longshot@classicnet.net
cell 62084two2232

Posts: 686 | From: Scottsdale, AZ & Anthony, KS, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a hairy bear, it was a scary bear!
Yikes!
I'd never venture outdoors again!
Be careful Karyn.
Yup he's gorgeous...but potentially deadly!
[Eek!]
love.....Jill

[ June 26, 2006, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Jill Marie Welsh ]

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
captain ken
Visitor
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for captain ken   Author's Homepage   Email captain ken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice dog....

--------------------
Ken McTague,
Concept Signs
57 Bridge St. (route 107)
Salem MA 01970
1-978-745-5800
conceptsign@yahoo.com
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/CaptainKen

---------------------------------

"A wise man once said that, or was it a wise guy?"

Posts: 2425 | From: Salem, MA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't worry folks i am well aware of the dangers of cohabitating with wildlife. he doesn't come too close to the house cause of the dogs...he's actually a big scaredy cat as alot of black bears would much rather get away from you than attack you...not to say there hasn't been a few rare attacks in the northeast.
i do on occasion leave ripe fruit and veggies,(nothing with perservatives) on the knoll quite a distance from the house. i hate to just throw it away as there are many critters that can benefit. its not like i leave a plate of dunkin donuts and milk for them...and it doesn't happen often.

[ June 26, 2006, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: KARYN BUSH ]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
captain ken
Visitor
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for captain ken   Author's Homepage   Email captain ken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm..... donuts, dogs looooove donuts

[ June 26, 2006, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: captain ken ]

--------------------
Ken McTague,
Concept Signs
57 Bridge St. (route 107)
Salem MA 01970
1-978-745-5800
conceptsign@yahoo.com
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/CaptainKen

---------------------------------

"A wise man once said that, or was it a wise guy?"

Posts: 2425 | From: Salem, MA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd go stand in your backyard if you put donuts out for me!
[Wink]
love...jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karen if I remember correctly Bears LOVE donuts and such. That Bear that came a knocking in our camp site 2 years ago up there nabbed 2 bags of marshmellows, a can of coffee and a box of trailmix before he was run off. lol

Here is what he looked like come morning!

-

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey BobRo, have you seen "Over The Hedge"? It's another animated movie in theaters right now that has a bear with a nice big stash of human junkfood in his cave that a racoon tries to rip off. Your post about the marshmallows and coffee just reminded me of it. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!