Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Letterhead Picnic at the Ranch - JULY 29, 2006 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Letterhead Picnic at the Ranch - JULY 29, 2006
Millie Watson
Visitor
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Millie Watson   Email Millie Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!!! Please count me in too Dan. If there is anything I can help with, just call.

Millie
604-852-4598

--------------------
Millie Watson
Abbotsford, BC

Posts: 2 | From: Abbotsford, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its great to see new folks coming out to the Picnic and becoming more involved in this thing we call Letterheads!

We look forward to seeing you at the picnic Millie!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who would have thought a one day picnic could attract such a crowd?

I got an email today from Chris and Stu Dobell of Wollongong (just south of Sydney on the coast) NSW, Australia. They are going to be in Canada about that time and are going to come to the meet too! We'll be glad to see you Chris & Stu!

The little meet at the Ranch is getting better all the time!

We made good progress on preparations today for the meet... still lots to do though!

Phoebe and & are getting more excited by the minute!

-grampa dan

[ July 09, 2006, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're excited Dan! In the beginning this was planned as a small gathering where we could meet as many local Letterheads as possible in one place. This is beyond our wildest dreams! What a guy!

We'll be arriving on July 25. Our Daughter Heather and her Boyfriend Doug are picking us up at the Vancouver Airport. A couple days before the meet, I have the very special honour of presenting Heather with a cake celebrating 2 years of living drug free. There's no way to put into words how much that means to so many. We're all so proud of her. What a gal!

Letterhead Meets are always a wonderful experience, but this one is very special for me. For the first time I will be able to show Heather what this Letterhead thing of ours is all about. I'm gonna be one very proud guy. Thanks to all of you!

Don't forget those guitars and other instruments.

[ July 10, 2006, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took a bit of figuring, but my wife and myself will attend the very first Picnic at the Ranch. We'll be there around noon, just in time for lunch.
The last time we seen your place you were pouring the walls for the shop...

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Steve, that certainly is a great milestone to celebrate.
Letterville, the drug of choice...

Dan, if there is anything you need from the Island, just let me know.

I'll email to confirm tonight.

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Peter - Glad to see you guys can make it!!!!!!

I rented two good sized tents today... and 3 dozen chairs and some other necessary items. As this event grows, so do our plans. We are in high gear now... the place has never looked better! The meet was the perfect catalyst to get LOTS of projects done around the ranch.

We are SO EXCITED about this little meet... another dream come true.

I also worked on a bunch of panels today... for the panel exchange and for the picnic. My energy level is building daily...

We are even managing to fit in some paying jobs between everything else.

Cisco is sending along the video he made of the WallDog event in Lodi for our entertainment. I look forward to seeing it!

17 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

-grampa dan

[ July 12, 2006, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan,
Just wanting you to clarify the "panel exchange"
Are you making up some blanks and then we paint or carve an image on them?
Are the blanks enameled ready to go?
What is the size?
Do you have some one shot?
Do we just bring brushes?
Do you have a plotter and paint mask? LOL!!
Thanks,
D

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect some folks are bringing a finished (or almost complete panel with them. Susan Banasky is dropping off about fifty 12" X 12 " white ( I believe) panels which are for the meet. The panels are off cuts from a cabinet shop I believe... I'll find out more tomorrow when Susan drops them off.

I'd like the theme of the panel jam area to be your favoriter letter... which can be lettered onto the panel in creative ways. But folks can paint whatever they want!

I also have TONS of small pieces of Precision Board of someopne wants to carve up a 3D piece by hand.

I have some OneShot paint and am getting some more. I also have tons of acrylics for folks to try. Most of my brushes are for acrylics but I do have a few quills which I will have out to use.

I'd appreciate it if foolks could bring their kits if they can.

I'll also be doing up some routed 3D samples which folks can paint if they like. I'll be doing a router demonstration and produce a few more at the meet. It will demonstrate the capabilities of the router as well as how we build the files.

As you know we don't have a plotter in our shop... and if you need paint mask, well... you are on your own.

Donna only lives a block away however and I'm sure she would cut somebody some vinyl or a mask if they need it. [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

It would be my pleasure to have all the guests who come to the Picnic at the Ranch to sign in on the "Wall of Fame" ... the more creative the better.

I'll have a bunch of sharpy felt pens for folks who wish to do it that way, but if you can letter or paint something creative on the wall that would be even better.

Put on your thinking caps... 16 DAYS to GO!!!!!!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you are planning on doing all this in one day?

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

I don't want anyone to get bored. [Smile]

Days are longer up this way Raymond. It doesn't even get dark until 10 pm. We have lights for after that.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right...I forgot about the exchange rate. Twenty-fours hours U.S. is converted to 82 Canadian.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Raymond's height is about 1650mm. See, you're much taller in Canada.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

I just got a phone call from Crazy George in Vancouver (any relation to Crazy Jack? [Smile] )and he's going to come to the picnic too! He's a pinstriper and will be laying down some cool lines for us.

His shop is called Far From Normal. He should fit right in here at the ranch.

It looks like we should hit more than 50 sign folks on the 29th.

Its gonna be FUN!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

When Raymond comes up this way we'll take some pictures of him beside our minature horses. He can then take the pics back home to show around and feel much better about his height challengedness. We have a couple of horses which will make Raymond feel like a giant... Phoebe sized horses. [Smile]

-grampa dan

[ July 12, 2006, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...watch out for the Mayor's "grafitti" on your wall of fame...
He usually tags the bathroom, too!
Right, Elvis?
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We (my best friend visiting from CA, and I) JUST got home this evening from 2 days in Victoria!!!
(my first time seeing Butchart gardens, WOW!!)

Dan, we were in Chimanus this afternoon too!

My Dad, sister and I are looking forward to coming...afterwards we are going to Minter's

A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Hey Sawatzky...I don't have to have a picture taken with your stunted horses to feel like a giant.

When God made me he was more interested in quality than quanity.

Here in Texas we have real horses.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

The list of folks groweth daily. If everyone on the list shows up we are approaching 60 people at this point. It looks to be a fun bunch!

Here's who is coming so far...

The Shortreed Clan Ontario and Mission B.C.
Sawatzky Crew Yarrow, B.C
Donna & Cody Williams Yarrow, B.C.
Rene St Pierre Quebec City
Sue & Mike Banasky Nanaimo, B.C.
Sandi Stephens Nanaimo B.C.
John Lennig Burnaby B.C.
Jack Ambler Pinnacle Signs & Graphics Penticton, BC
Gidney Sign Company crew and families Chilliwack B.C.
Warren Schoff of Imagination Station, High River Alberta
Jennifer Craig - Bright Morning Signs - Lynnwood Washington
Lynn - Coleville Sign - Washington
Alicia Jennings - Washington
David & Sophie Harding - A Sign of Excellence - Carrollton - Texas
Cory & Wendy Siebert - Stoney Plain - Alberta
Gerald Lauze Imperium Design - Langley B.C.
Bob Gilliland & Kurt Stoner Hummelstown PA
Steve Thomas Greer - Abracadabra - Ontario
Duncan Wilkie Edmonton, Alberta
Cal Trouter - Raven Signs and Graphics - Penticton B.C.
Chris Elliot (& grandson) Anthony - Kansas
Peter Schuttinga & wife Victoria B.C.
Millie Watson Abbotsford B.C.
Chris & Stu Dobell Wollongong Australia
Crazy George Vancouver B.C.
AdriEnne Morgan & family Washington [Smile]
Earl & Tony Scott Signs, Parksville B.C.

Oh... one more small thing...

QUOTE BY Raymond
My daughter Rebercca just saw Raymond's post and she reminds him that the Miniature Horse Association WORLD HEADQUARTERS are in Texas... so Raymond doesn't have to travel all the way up here to have his picture taken with one of these REAL horses.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone here at the ranch in ONLY 15 days!

-grampa dan

[ July 13, 2006, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We made our rez at Comfort Inn....see ya there!!!

And...it's AdriEnne

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Well, at least those little horse people know the best place to have their headquarters.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, we know about the headquarters. What I want to know is where do you put the hindquarters? Can a person (other than Raymond) actually ride them things? When they're old, do they become Chihuahua food? Chipping glue for Letterhead panels?

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Dan...

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Only small folks like Phoebe.... & I guess Raymond too can ride the miniature horses. We even have some little saddles in the tack room. While ours are seldom ridden they are 'working' horses though as they are trained to pull small one person carts or buggies which we have a number of. The horses enjoy it too.

And when you visit the ranch David you better not mention chipping glue to Janis... or dog food either... she's kinda fond of her horses. Every animal on our place from the little horses, the pigmy goats and even all the chickens have names and are dearly loved. They are safe here and none of them will ever be eaten while they are in our care.

You can hug them all you want though.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Back to the subject at hand... the picnic that is...

I bought some local corn yesterday just to taste... sort of to get us in the mood for the picnic which is in only TWO WEEKS and ONE DAY away!!!! ... anyhow... I tried the early local corn.

It was TASTY! Sweet and tender.... MMMMMMMMMMM!!! Phoebe and I enjoyed it immensely. It was the first time Phoebe has had corn on the cob.... she likes it. She was chewin on the cob I gave her for the longest time.

But that was just a taste... and its early corn. In a couple of weeks the good stuff will be out. THATS the stuff we will be serving up at the picnic here at the ranch.

I can hardly wait!!!!

In other news... Susan Banasky and her husband stopped by today.... to drop off some items for the picnic. The panels are all primed and ready to go.... here in the shop. There's also a bag of goodies which we will be giving away.

Susan and her crew also did up some wonderful buttons for the meet... great little souvenirs for those who attend this first little meet here at the ranch!!!!! THANK YOU SUSAN!

The official meet panel is almost done... and other surprises are in the works.

ONLY 15 days to go!!!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

I can't wait to meet your 'mini whinnies'!!

Can I bring horsey treats?

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Adrienne...

If you bring horsey treats you better bring a bagful... there's 10 of those little critters here at the ranch presently. And if you feed the horses something special then the goats get bent out of shape for they like equal treatment. There's three of them.

And the chickens like to be treated equal too... I think theres 6 or 7 of them. Rooster the cat likes to get in at the game too... along with Punky and Ditto the two little terriers.

And if they all get treats... well I like Tim Horton donuts... or platz from the deli. Phoebe kinda likes that stuff too! And you can't leave my crew out either.

And there could be 60 or more other folks at the ranch on Saturday who want equal treatment too.

So you may want to second guess your offer of horsey treats... [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So speaking of dough, are we all paying "At the Door' or do you need advancements?

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have points... shall travel!

Myself and my son Patrick will arrive Abbotsford 28th dapart 31st. Need suggestion for Hotel.

Yeehaw ... get to see giggle ridge and meet a bunch I've really wanted to meet for a long time !!

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

With the short lead time of this meet we are not doing an advence registration but just pay at the door. We'll have a little table there and issue name tags to make it easier for everyone.

Starting Monday morning we are in full picnic mode with preparations beginning in earnest for the meet. We were going to leave it until the final week but I just know that there will be unforseen things coming up which will distract us (like always). So we'll get ready early and then fit all the other stuff in without getting into panic mode hopefully.

Its less than two weeks now until the Picnic at the Ranch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

GREAT to see you are coming Mike and Patrick!!!!!!!! You posted above as I was typing.

Here's a link to the area accomodations... www.tourismchilliwack.com/bc.php/accommodations/Chilliwack_BC_accommodations

Here's the revised list of who is coming so far...

The Shortreed Clan Ontario and Mission B.C.
Sawatzky Crew Yarrow, B.C
Donna & Cody Williams Yarrow, B.C.
Rene St Pierre Quebec City
Sue & Mike Banasky Nanaimo, B.C.
Sandi Stephens Langley B.C.
John Lennig Burnaby B.C.
Jack Ambler Pinnacle Signs & Graphics Penticton, BC
Gidney Sign Company crew and families Chilliwack B.C.
Warren Schoff of Imagination Station, High River Alberta
Jennifer Craig - Bright Morning Signs - Lynnwood Washington
Lynn - Coleville Sign - Washington
Alicia Jennings - Washington
David & Sophie Harding - A Sign of Excellence - Carrollton - Texas
Cory & Wendy Siebert - Stoney Plain - Alberta
Gerald Lauze Imperium Design - Langley B.C.
Bob Gilliland & Kurt Stoner Hummelstown PA
Steve Thomas Greer - Abracadabra - Ontario
Duncan Wilkie Edmonton, Alberta
Cal Trauter - Raven Signs and Graphics - Penticton B.C.
Chris Elliot (& grandson) Anthony - Kansas
Peter Schuttinga & wife Victoria B.C.
Millie Watson Abbotsford B.C.
Chris & Stu Dobell Wollongong Australia
Crazy George Vancouver B.C.
Adrienne Morgan & family Washington
Earl & Tony Scott Signs, Parksville B.C.
Mike & Patrick O'Neill Newfoundland

This is simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] A dream come true!

-grampa dan

[ July 15, 2006, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Bob Gilliland
Visitor
Member # 28

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bob Gilliland   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Gilliland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Now 100% confirmed and committed barring any plane or rental car issues. Arriving into Chilliwack Friday evening by car via YVR (Vancouver airport). Back out Sunday AM so we can be hanging signs by mid-afternoon. [Roll Eyes]

Kurt got some energy back into his system as a result of the recent Zoo 2 meet and has always liked Dan’s work and attitude. Glad things are working out that we can attend “The Picnic”.

Dan, [Thanks] in advance!

--------------------
Bob Gilliland
InKnowVative Communications
Harrisburg PA, USA

"The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it.
You have to catch up with it yourself."

Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 642 | From: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Bob & Kurt... glad to hear you guys are coming for sure. There will be lots of creative folks in attendance and LOTS of fun to be had!

ONLY 14 more sleeps until the Picnic!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, we have one horse, 2 bull calves, 14 hens, 2 roosters and 2 one week old chicks...EVERYONE gets treats around here..

I JUST got back from Victoria this week, (where I introduced my best friend from CA 'Tim Bits'...she's HOOKED!!!!) [Applause]

I'll see if I can pick up box on the way...can't guarantee they will ALL arrive tho. [Razz]

Just WHAT do they put in those things that make them so addictive?????(and the coffee is just about the BEST coffee to go with a donut EVER!!) [Smile]

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
...mmmmmm/timbits

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

We will be serving Timbits for morning coffee break when the picnic starts... I've been running to Tim Hortons the last while to get the timing down to a science (for the picnic of course) I get Timbits for the crew... but very few have made it all the way back to the shop... hmmmm... I don't think I am addicted.... no way! ... I could stop anytime I really wanted to...

Phoebe likes them too! I just have to make sure all the crumbs are wiped off her face so her momma doesn't know I've been sharing. [Smile] It's grampa's job to teach their grandkids about Tim Hortons... but mommas don't seem to understand very well.

We had another meal planning committee meeting today just to make sure all the details have been taken care of... I broke the news (gently) to my favorite mother-in-law that there were more than 40 folks coming to the picnic... more like 65 so far. We are now preparing for 75... so there's still time to sign up.

LOTS of fun to be had at the Picnic at the Ranch!

We are getting REALLY, REALLY excited now!!! (maybe its all the sugar from the Timbits)
ONLY 12 days until the Picnic at the Ranch!

-grampa dan

[ July 17, 2006, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait. I wanna come rigt now! We never dreamed this little picnic would grow so big.

Don't forget your musical stuff. If anyone has an extra guitar, I'd sure appreciate you bringing it along. This will be the first time our Daughter Heather gets to see her Old Man paint. I'm excited. Forgive me if I showoff a bit. She's only 35!

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Only ELEVEN DAYS to go now! We made good progress on things here at the shop today... my 3D meet panel is almost finished... did the gilding tonight... just details now. And my panel for the exchange is DONE!

We have another brief planning meeting on Thursday morning just to make sure we got all the numbers right. I've recieved plenty of offers for help from other heads which I appreciate greatly.

The phone is ringing regularly from folks who are coming... everyone is getting PUMPED! Talking to so many Letterheads on a regular basis has to be the most fun part of organizing an event like this...

This is going to be FUN!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

This sounds like it's gonna be another family reunion!!!

Can't wait to see everyone again, it's been a long time since my last meet...I've been out of the loop....ranchin' is hard work, and it's kept me busy!

mmmm....timbits!

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Well I haven't built any barns before...but I have built several granaries (remember when they were built out of wood?...stoopid Fir joists and coated nails - like pounding into concrete...no there were no air nailers!...actually compressed air had just been invented. [Rolling On The Floor] ) several garages and one outhouse...so if ya need help finishing the barn...I'll be there Friday noonish...if ya forgot to order porta potties...I'll bang up a couple from the offcuts from the barn...and I'll even paint up some "Watch for Slivers" signs...geeze can I come now...I'm just too excited to work anyway...on second thought I haven't even started my panel yet...I haven't learned anything about being first have I dan. [Smile] ...I'll probably finish it in the airport knowing me..."Why do something today that you can put off 'til tomorrow?"...Know wonder they call me dog...I seem to need to "dogg" it...okay I'm done...for now...really.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!