Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Chippewa Brush Bash 2...August 4th, 5th and 6th.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chippewa Brush Bash 2...August 4th, 5th and 6th.
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kurt Gaber   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gaber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Letterheads! Registration forms have been trickling in at the Chippewa Falls Main Street office for the upcoming Letterhead meet this August 4th, 5th and 6th. My website has been updated recently with photos of some of the projects that we will be doing. Here is a direct link: http://www.gabersigns.com/BrushBash2.html

I received a good share of conceptual photos to work from for the Harmony Courtyard wall project recently. We are waiting for approval of some of the details pertaining to the portion of the wall which is dedicated to the marching band / bus crash which will be an important part of the project. I will be sending that information out to project leaders shortly.

Andy and Lauri Goretski have inside and outside photos of the Irvine Park Bear Den which is going to be a fantasic project as well. The setting is so beautiful, but the concrete walls need to be integrated with artwork that reflects the bear's environment and Andy & Lauri have a great plan in place for that, so this will be a real plus for the park.

With the frequency of Letterhead meets in this day and age (which is great!) I didn't want to overshadow any of the existing meets, but I wanted to get an idea of who might be coming so I can get the shirt order placed. Last time we had less than a dozen shirts left over, so we're hoping for an accurate estimate again this time.

We're having our busiest year ever with sign work, and I will also be working on a project down in Jacksonville coming up shortly, so we have alot to do in the next 6 weeks.

If anyone has any questions regarding the meet, please give me call, or visit the website for more information/registration

[ July 02, 2006, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI
Thank You Letterheads for being a part of both Brush Bashes in '02 & '06!

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Posts: 315 | From: Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kurt Gaber   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gaber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget that those who register by July 1st will have their names entered into an early bird drawing for one of three useful items including a 75.00 Leine's Lodge gift certificate, a cordless drill and gift certificate for 20% off large format digital printing at Trient Technology in Woodville, WI.

This who's who list includes some folks that have registered already and some that have indicated
at least verbally that they would be attending the meet:

Andy & Lauri Goretski & fam. / Custom Murals
Mike Meyer et al. / Meyer Signs
Matthew Rolli & fam. / AdCraft Sign & Design
Dale Manor / Studio in the Sky Mural Painting
Brian Truesdell, BT Design
Dave The Letterman
Craig Place / The Mad Signtist
Dirk Johnson / Wisco Signs
Darren Grefe / Art To Part
Terry P. / N. Glantz & Sons
Colleen Henderson / Signs Now
Howard Elijah / Signs&TatsToo By Howard
Brian Pacholka / Big Rapids, MI

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Posts: 315 | From: Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew Rolli
Visitor
Member # 4089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew Rolli   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew Rolli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely FANTASTIC KURT.

Yours was my 1st now AUg. 1st 2008 we're hosting an international one....ALL 'Cause of YOU.

Folks Kurt puts on one heck of a meet, great for the family too.

Add 2 more spots for a couple from our crew, who also are excited.

not that I'm biased at all [Wink]

--------------------
Matthew Rolli
AdCraft Sign&Design
Hudson, WI

Posts: 280 | From: Hudson, WI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Sounds good Matt. At least a portion of the courtyard wall will have some Leinie's work, so we'll try and get Chad involved if at all possible, because he is the Leinie's beer bottle man, correct? We're still ironing out sponsorship and hoping to have Leinie's help us out!

[ June 15, 2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Kurt Gaber ]

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in Kurt.

See you next week in Jacksonville.

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Glad to hear you are coming over Carole. See you in a few days at Jax.

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gearing up for it Kurt, I know it will be as sucessfull as the first!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Jim Schuh from Main Street and I are going to a city council meeting tonight to try and pitch approval for a few more walls. We have been approved for all of our current projects, but in the event we need more projects depending on our final head count, we're trying to be as ready as possible, so we have identified 3 or 4 more potential wall jobs within 2 blocks of our shop. Mike Meyer... get this, if it works out, we're going to have a an old Studebaker script and an old Studie that Dale Manor dug up for me to go below that right on our very own Gaber Signs exterior shop wall. Also another car garage has given us the green light along with some sponsorship to do some work on his new addition that was just completed within the last few weeks. A laundromat just down the street has also given us permission to do an old ad on their wall too.

Jim brought a large box of newspapers and such from the historical society and over lunch, Dale Manor, my employee Jon and I, and Jim all looked through some vintage ads and picked out some good ones. I'm going to mock them up and present them and we're hoping to get the "blessing" from the council tonight!

We're trying for one more wall that's on the same street as an old Harley Davidson shop used to be on, so there may be some Harley nostalgia on the outside of a local tavern if we have the approval and manpower to do it.

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Pending the outcome of the city council meeting on 7-12-06, regarding the variance for a few more wall murals (looks very promising), we have some additional walls that we will be potentially be putting on the Brush Bash 2 agenda.

Based on who's coming so far, I believe we'll be in good shape for our current Harmony Courtyard walls and the Irvine Park Bear Den project, so we're getting a couple more spots "reserved" depending on how many late entries come to Chippewa Falls.

We may do a bit of shifting of our Courtyard crew to help a few of the newbies on some of the recent proposed wall projects so they can get involved in some of the wall painting too! If you'd like to try your hand a carving some faux rock that we plan to add around the main heading at the bear den, we'll have some HDU to shape into rocks similar to the interior decor, and paint them up to look realistic.

We'll have some panels to paint as well for anyone not interested in painting on walls. We have some Alumalite panels that will feature historic figures that will be added to the old Armory wall where Dave Petri painted "Old Abe" the war eagle back at our 2002 Brush Bash.

We've got one more wall job that is not finalized yet because we just ran across some great newsclippings from our newspaper from 1916 that featured Buffalo Bill's Wild West show. He was at our very own Northern Wisconsin State Fair in 1916 and he passed away only 5 months after appearing here in Chippewa Falls.

I'm still relatively green at posting photos, so I hope the following pictures come out OK, but they are rough mock-ups for our additional potential wall jobs.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Additional walls approved! We got the OK from the city council last night for the extra wall jobs for the Bash. We'll sit down tonight and go over the projects and match up our walls with the project leaders and see about who we can put in charge on a few of the new projects. If there are any takers out there that would like to step up and be a part of one of these walls, feel free to contact me. In 2002, we were pretty loose about who headed up the projects until the meet itself because alot of the artwork was already mapped out and it turned out to be a great format for new people to work together and allow people to float from project to project. There will be some floating on these projects as well, but we've got a couple projects that might lend themselves better to the less experienced, so don't be shy about getting involved and slingin' some paint.

Leinenkugel's has firmed up their committment and will be hosting another brat feed for us on Saturday night, and this will be at the all new Leinie's Lodge. It closes to the general public at 5:00 on Saturday and the Letterheads have it to themselves starting at 6:00 pm! Our Main Street director has lined up some local folk style musicians to play at Leinie's during the feed. Leinie's Lodge information Brewery Tours are free, and on Friday they will be brewing beer, and occasionally they brew on Saturdays, however the tours are still available.

We're have over 25 registered entries at this point and we anticipate more (you procrastinators!), and we have around 20 days before the meet, so there is still plenty of room if you want to come wall dog it, panel jam, or just come and enjoy the experience of a meet in beautiful downtown Chippewa Falls!

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey folks,

If you've always wanted to see what one of these Walldog type events are all about, you should get signed up for this one! Or if you are slightly curious and want to learn more about these meets, come up or over! Chippewa Falls is a great little town, and Kurt and his family put on a first rate Letterhead meet. The first Brush Bash was my introduction to the live Letterhead meet phenomenon and I had a most excellent time! Now I have to hit at least a couple per year.

I'm sure the projects will all be a blast to work on and there is plenty there for all skill levels to sling some paint at.

So come on up to the Land of Leinie's and put some color to downtown Chippewa Falls...you'll never forget it!

see you there!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

We've taken some big strides in the last few days regarding the meet. Our Main Street co-host has lobbied for some additional sponsorship for the walls we've added to the agenda, and the people in the community have really come forward to help us out! We have all of our sponsorship goals covered for the Irvine Park Bear Exhibit project, and 6 of the 8 murals within the Harmony Court sponsored, the Studebaker wall is sponsored, the 57 Chevy wall is sponsored, as well as some in-kind sponsorships.

We'll be having breakfast right next door to our shop at Central Lutheran Church's kitchen on Friday and Saturday, lunch Friday in the museum across the alley from the Courtyard murals, chicken dinner under the pavillion at Irvine Park (bear exhibit murals in the park) on Friday evening, and Leinie's Lodge will put on a brat feed for Letterheads on Saturday evening.

Free camping available right in Irvine Park with showers across the street at the municipal pool facility. Jim has arranged for some easy listening live entertainment at both evening dinners and in Harmony Courtyard.

Two of my suppliers have arranged for panels to be dropped off at our shop tomorrow 7-20-06, and
We've got 3 lifts reserved for the higher wall jobs.

We'll have plenty of panels and paint in the panel jam area, several wall jobs, and some smaller panels waiting for paint that will be installed in a couple key historic locations downtown.

Alot of familiar faces from the 2002 bash, and some new ones that I haven't met before are signed up too! I had a surprise visitor stop by 2 days ago at the shop. My buddy "Hoagie" stopped in on the way to his vacation destination. Hoagie is from Appleton and he was my mentor 22 years ago at my first sign job when I was 19 years old. It sounds like he is really going to try and make it over to our meet. He is a young 78 years!

We filled a large dumpster today with old MDO, alumalite scraps, patterns, vinyl scraps and lotsa junk. Gotta make room for our Letterhead friends... see you soon! 2006 Brush Bash info

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Miles Cullinane
Resident

Member # 980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Cullinane   Email Miles Cullinane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kurt
I think my real boss (wife) is only going to allow me one US meet a year (if that!)

But your meet is shaping up to the kind of meet that would be easy to enjoy. All those walls to paint, boy everyone is going have fun.

Late nights and early morning looks likely.
Have fun [Smile]

--------------------
Miles Cullinane,
Cork, Ireland.

From the sometimes sunny south of Ireland,

Posts: 913 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Hey Miles... nice to meet you down in Jax. I wish you could come over and help us out. I have a brother who lives in Germany (he's been there since 1973!) and he is coming home to visit family, so I hope he can get down here for at least a day of the Brush Bash. You can bop on over to Deutschland and hide in his luggage and catch a free ride?

Things are falling into place for the meet and we've only got 10 days left before the paint flies! Worked on smoothing out some rough spots on the Harmony Courtyard walls today. We had a group of guys come down today from a correctional facility of sorts to help lend a hand on grinding some high spots and grinding some mortar joints. Tomorrow, I'm heading back down to work with them again to do some more tuck pointing and then hopefully get some paint on in the days following that. They were a big help today as we worked in near 100 degree heat.

Mike Meyer stopped by this past weekend and we went over some of the finer points of the meet and toured all of the wall project sites. Dale Manor and a couple more of my old time sign buds will be lending a hand getting some other walls prepped and ready later this week. Had another competitor in town offer to lend a hand and he put together a great paint bench for us today. It's great how people step up and help put the meet together.

We've got the following people signed up for the Bash...

Mike Meyer, Cheese-ola, Wi
Dave Petri, Algoma, Wi
Al Joppe Algoma, Wi
Brian Truesdell, St. Paul,Mn
Howard and Bev Elijah, Detroit Lakes, Mn
Darren Grefe, Winona, Mn,
Andy and Lauri Goretski, Tomahawk, Wi
Dale Manor, Menomonie, Wi
Toby and Sheila Van Handel, Kaukauna, Wi
Matthew and Katie Rolli, Hudson, Wi
Chad and Travis (with Matthew & crew)
Dave Jeffery, Delavan, Wi
Carole Bersin, Minneapolis,Mn
Fred Pfaanes, St. Croix Falls, Wi
Joe Shelton, Madison, Wi
Chad Nelson, Menomonie, Wi
(4)Midwest Sign Supply sign dudes
(2)N. Glantz Sign Supply dudes
Ken Sankey, Neenah, Wi
Chad Nelson, Menomonie, Wi
Steve and Dawn Lane, Toronto, Ontario Canada

We've got a few others that haven't sent in registration yet, but they have indicated they'll be coming, so not including them, the kids of registered attendees or any of our Gaber Signs and Main Street Assoc. crew, we're over 30.

[ July 25, 2006, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Kurt Gaber ]

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

This guy stopped in over the weekend and said he knew how to paint signs. Mentioned something about using a Big A** brush... should we let him help at the meet?

-

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Well, the Harmony Courtyard walls are in much better shape after 4 days of attention! We were fortunate to have a crew of 7 inmates from the local correctional facility come down and help grind rough spots and mortar in others. We worked for three days prepping the walls and finally got the south wall painted yesterday and Dale Manor and Chad Nelson came by today and we got 2 coats of paint on the north wall, and we're in good shape now for the courtyard project.

My employee Jon worked hard today getting all of our MDO / Alumalite / Dibond /HDU stock and scraps moved into the back room, so we have access to our (2) 10'x20' wall racks again for the signs that will be done on panels.

The concrete guys have been here all day while we were dowtown prepping wall and they were removing our old apron to the garage entry and they poured a new apron and curb, and the building is being repainted too, so we'll be looking sharp for the meet. It's kinda like when you have a party at your house.... you really get things cleaned up and spruced up. Why is that we can live like pigs and it's no problem, but you make it look good when company comes?

Add Barb & Maris Schilling to the list as we receieved their registration today. Glad to see alot of our 2002 people come back!

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

What heat? Dale Manor and Chad Nelson help roll on some paint for the north wall of the Harmony Courtyard project last week. It was only 98 degrees out! We worked hard last week smoothing out some rough edges and adding some mortar to the north and south wall locations and put on two coats of paint as well.

-

Dale Manor put in some OT over the weekend and fine tuned some of the artwork and printed out the transparencies for projecting the artwork today. He has really been helpful getting things ready for the meet and has been instrumental in helping me keep my sanity. My employee Jon worked hard last week cleaning up the shop while the rest of us were out prepping walls. In our small break room, the fridge is cleaned up, the pizza oven is shined and there is room to sit at the table again!

The Brush Bash 2 shirts were printed this morning, we have a new panel saw coming Thursday, food plans are in place, and the sponsors have really helped out to make this meet possible. Cooler temps arriving tomorrow and Friday it's GO TIME! With the people that have registered (34) the Gaber crew (about 8) the Main Street crew (about 4 to 5) and other's that have indicated their coming but will register when they get here (about 8) that puts us around 55 bodies.

There's still room if you'd like to come to Chippewa Falls and paint walls and panels and enjoy our beautiful Irvine Park with free camping, check out the Leinenkugel Brewery, enjoy a brat feed at Leinie's Lodge, a catered chicken dinner Friday night in Irvine Park...

Leave your diets at home. Olson's Ice Cream Parlor is 2 blocks from the shop, and they've got some good stuff to keep you cool!

Hop in the car, get on your bike, man your pogo stick... just get here safely. Sounds like some of you are coming in early on Thursday too... see you then!

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

They're here, they're here, our first wave of people!! Steve and Dawn Lane pulled in from Ontario this afternoon for a head start. Not long after, in toodles Andy Goretski and his son Quinn.

The stress levels have dropped already for me just seeing the people show up and ready to give 'er... things are going pretty smooth, but to have our Canadian friends already down projecting in the courtyard tonight blows my mind! Andy has a great plan in place for his bear exhibit project and he's starting tomorrow morning.

Dale Manor has been instrumental in helping fine tune the artwork and organizing it and getting everything in place. Weather looks great.... here we go!!

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I could be there Kurt. You guys have a blast and take lots of pictures!!!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

I'm on my way back to Chippewa Falls today to set up a home-away-from home and then start slinging some paint. We have some great projects lined up for the nice little town of Chippewa. I have a few friends coming over to lend a hand and I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

If I can pull myself away from a project long enough, I'll try and post some pictures.

If you're within driving distance of this meet, swing on by and check it out. Paint some walls enjoy the cooler weather. See you there or here!

[ August 03, 2006, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Dale Manor ]

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiffany Warmowski
Visitor
Member # 6648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiffany Warmowski   Email Tiffany Warmowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Dale, Kurt and everyone!
Looks like things are going well up there in Chippewa Falls.
Can't wait to see some photos from the meet.
I'm still !Wowed! everytime I see one of your murals downtown, and I think of you all often.
Thanks again for coming down to Jacksonville. You'll never know the difference you have made in our town.
Have a great meet and maybe I will see you at the next one!

Affectionately,
Tiffany (the one with the scooter named 'Piglet')

--------------------
Tiffany Warmowski
Warmowski Photography
1815 Mound Road
Jacksonville, IL 62650

Posts: 2 | From: Jacksonville, IL, USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Just wanted to let everyone know, we've been so busy getting everything accomplished, that there hasn't been much time to get photos posted. Several projects are in progress and coming along well. Here's proof that we're up and going! That's a neat shot of Matthew Rolli working with his son looking on. Plenty more to come after the meet is done.

-

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Howard Elijah
Visitor
Member # 6260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Howard Elijah   Email Howard Elijah       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatta blast can't wait to see the finished pics, it is always a blessing to see everyone come together again. Even Bev made her debut with a brush and loved it. Thanks again Kurt.

--------------------
Howard Elijah
Signs By Howard
1136 Woodrow Ave
Detroit Lakes, MN

Posts: 4 | From: Detroit Lakes, MN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you had a great time, folks.
This has nothing to do with the meet...but...
yesterday my son was helping his father clean out an abandoned mobile home that has been moved into their trailer park.
In it he found a small plastic ruler.
It is from:
MASON SHOE MFG. CO.
Chippewa Falls, Wis. 54729
"A gift from your mason shoe dealer"
Thought that was pretty neat!
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew Rolli
Visitor
Member # 4089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew Rolli   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew Rolli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KURT,

THANKS from all of us here at AdCraft. For me you started my journey into Letterheads. It was soo memorable to be back and a part of your meet.

Your family, Jon, and the locals were fabulous.
Even got homemade cookies from an appreciative gal. Time flys, and this meet went from 0-80 in no time.

Great job by all, thanks for the memories!

--------------------
Matthew Rolli
AdCraft Sign&Design
Hudson, WI

Posts: 280 | From: Hudson, WI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chad Jeske
Visitor
Member # 5866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chad Jeske   Email Chad Jeske       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kurt,

Thanks so much for making this Brush Bash one I'll always remember. The AdCraft crew and myself had a blast. I'm looking forward to Brush Bash 3. I can't wait to come back to my favorite city in the world.

This meet was so well organized. Thanks to you and your hard working shop for all your long hours of preparation. Thanks to Dale as well for busting his butt in prepping the walls for all of us.

I raise my glass of Leinies to everyone that was involved this past weekend.

Cheers.

--------------------
Chad Jeske
Archetype Signmakers
1230 Eagan Industrial Rd.
Suite 117
Eagan, MN 55121
651-994-9363

Posts: 24 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Hi all...

I have plenty of stories to come. We are still finishing up projects, but the senimental favorite of the meet, the Harmony Courtyard project is about 95% complete. Dale and I worked until 2:00 am Tuesday morning and Tatiana and Marne were also there until 9:00 pm. The emotional reaction from the locals is one like I've never seen. This project will have a huge impact forever on our community. Thanks to all of you who made this vision become a reality.

I have much, much more that I will share as soon as we get this wrapped up. Steve and Dawn stayed another day and finished Buffalo Bill... it is a masterpiece! We will be installing the Harley panels along with Buffalo Bill today. (Howard, I added the motor detail you requested) The only project that still needs to be finished is the Mt. Cabin / Chippewa Woolen wall. I have some old sign buds lined up to help knock that out. The town is reeling... we hit a homerun, despite not finishing a few projects by Sunday, but with the support of the community and all of our hard workers, I don't dread the leftover work, I look forward to it, because people appreciate our talent and let us know that by stopping in and also calling on the phone to let us know how they love it. It feels good to hear the comments about everyone's painting talent instead of being asked about the cost of a 3" red letter on a white background coroplast sign!!!!

Much more soon including several billion photos.

Thank you all.

Kurt

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Here is the Harmony Courtyard crown jewel, the Chippewa Falls Marching Band tribute. Dale added some brick, shadows, highlights and fine tuned a few more details, and it is complete. We worked again last night on "flowing" the murals on the north wall together, and also added some color to the Mason Shoe building and beefed up some other important elements of that mural as well as finishing the horse and carriage on the Chippewa Spring House mural and adding some clouds and expanding the sky into the Seymour Cray mural. Dale is a magician with a paint brush, that's all I can say!

Scaffold should come down today, so the best photo opportunity will follow, and we'll get some good ones posted soon.

-

-

-

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.That looks great.

Kurt, thanks for the great time. Nothing's beats hanging and painting with all my old friends and meeting a few new ones to add to my Letterhead family.

I wish I could have stayed on and helped finish up. I think we need a week next time. I can't wait for the pictures to see all the finished projects. Like many of us I barely got any photos taken and I'm hoping that maybe someone that did will post them or even make a disc available.

Thanks again and see you all next time.

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished up over at the Courtyard, another 16 hour day in mural paradise. Put the finishing touches on several of the murals there. I did get a few pics somehow during all the fun. I'll post some as soon as I sleep about 90 hours.

Great time thanks to all who showed up and lent a hand.

-

-

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

-Dr. Seuss

Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Howdy,

Didn't do much painting today but we did manage to put a Hemi in Mike Meyer's Studey. He painted this wall at the Brush Bash....I just thought it could use a bump in horsepower.........Sweeet

Actually we installed the Harley Davidson Mural today and it was starting to sprinkle this evening....so I guess I will be forced to get some sleep...

-

-

-

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

-Dr. Seuss

Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Hello all,

I finally have some time to sit down and type up a big thank you and reflect on the Brush Bash. For anyone who hosts a meet, there are some things that are just hard to get a handle on, and one of those is what to do in case of inclement weather, (if you are walldogging) and the other is not knowing just how many projects to tackle for the number of attendees. I heard from alot of people that we had quite a challenging workload, and I sure found out how true that was. I'm just glad we had good weather!

It always amazes me how people step up at meets and pull together to accomplish so many unique projects. The time flies by so fast, and I just can't believe it has come and gone already. I missed out on saying goodbye to some of you, because I was out lettering on some walls, so I'm sorry I couldn't thank each of you in person before you left Chippewa Falls. I met some new people and certainly enjoyed chatting with you, and to the familiar faces, thank you for coming to our small town again and showcasing your talent.

The Harmony Courtyard project has absolutely transformed that little vacant lot into a beautiful community greenspace. That was our vision a year and a half ago, and with the help of the Letterheads, it's complete! When we were prepping the walls, it was pretty much a shortcut for people to get to the parking lot, but now, with two more benches installed in the front of the courtyard on Tuesday, there are frequently several people at a time admiring the walls.

Get ready for one of the longest posts ever typed, I'm going to thank you all...

Steve and Dawn Lane, thanks for staying another day to wrap up an extremely complex project for the Buffalo Bill panels. Your musical talent is unbelievable too!

Carole Bersin, thank you for working so hard on Buffalo Bill and for your dedication to the project. You have such a wonderful smile!

Matthew Rolli's gang: Thanks for the Leinie's job. Chad had to be in heaven doing Leinie's work. I understand he was pictured in the Eau Claire newspaper. Matthew, Katie, Isaiah, Anna, you are a great family and I enjoy your company. Your little man could have been a star on Johnny Carson or with Bill Cosby's show about the "funny things kids say". He sure is a polite young man and has a way with words.

Dave Petri... a gentleman in every fashion, a class act and one talented painter. Thanks for bringing the large tarps that protected the Courtyard bricks, and thanks for your hard work.

Andy, Lauri, Quinn and Kaylee Goretski, I can't say enough thanks to your and your crew for what you did at Irvine Park. From an incomplete Bear Exhibit on the outside, you transfromed a flat concrete wall into a wonderful landscape for the hundreds and hundreds of visitors that will see your handywork every day. The bears have an exterior that matches their interior now!

Maris and Barb Schilling, you two are workhorses! I'm greatful that you came back to our town and helped us succeed in topping our last meet with your artistic talents.

Mike Meyer, you wowed 'em with the Studebaker wall and with your nifty trucks 'n such on the Leinie's project. Thanks so much for bringing extra paint and for allowing us to use your tables. By the way... if I claimed all of the stuff you forgot, I could open a second sign shop. I found more brushes, water jugs, your t-shirt, paint, hammers. I'll get them back to you.

Brian Truesdell, you had a hand in so many projects... always floating around to help where it is needed. From walldogging to striping, you do it all.

Sheila and Toby VanHandel, thanks for keeping the panel jam area jamming. You are both so talented and down to earth. What a pleasure to have you here! Toby, I think you left some House Of Kolor paints here. I'll also ship out your panel that you wanted people to sign. Got a few more I think...

Howard and Bev Elijah, way to go on the Harley project, it turned out great! It was great to meet you and I hope you enjoyed your stay in Chippewa.

Ken Sankey and Keith Anderson, you two worked late in the night under the lights to bring the 57 Chev wall into existence. I really liked the pinstriping you added to my sign van. Great sign on the "Honk and We Paint". We used that on Sunday and really got some response! Hope to see you both again at a meet somewhere in the future.

Al Joppe, you kept your nose to the grindstone and without a lot of help, you nearly got the Woolen Mill wall done by yourself. Got a kick out of your dog "Buddy Trix" Not much left to do but we'll knock that one out.

Joe Shelton, thanks for driving up and coming to our meet. I'm glad you were able to watch Toby and Brian in the panel jam. You got a great start on pinstriping, and hopefully they gave you some good pointers.

Darren Grefe, you dove right in and got into the paint... what a project for a first timer to be involved with... chrome front of the 57 Chev. Thanks for being a great utility guy and doing whatever we asked of you. You really helped in so many ways!

To the Midwest Sign and N. Glantz guys: Thanks much for helping out with paint, panels and supplies. It's always a blast rubbing elbows with the big dogs and having you guys get involved with painting and having a great time in the evenings. Danno, you are the man!

Dale Manor, I can't say thanks enough for all of your extra effort. Your crew of Tatiana, Steve the Welder and Angie, amongst the several other of your helpers that came around to lend a hand, really turned the Marching Cardinals mural into a legendary symbol of our community. I'm not sure if people realize what an important role you had in making this meet come together both artistically with several of the final mockups, and with working on so many projects during the meet, and fine tuning them to your own high expectations of excellence long after the meet was done. I enjoy working with you and wish you weren't going out East!

Thanks to Ron and Bev Bingham from Iowa who drove 8 hours to come up and help on Saturday. I'm really glad you came up and helped Andy at Irvine Park. I wish I could have visited with you more!

I sure hope I didn't forget anybody... if I did, my mind is frazzled, so I'll use that excuse. Starting Friday, here's what I had for sleep:

Fri: 3 hours
Sat: 4 hours
Sun: 5 hours
Mon: 3 hours
Tues: 6 hours
Wed: 6 hours

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Brush Bash 3 plans:

We're going to do (2) 4x8's and 5 showcards, then we'll just party, listen to music and eat food the rest of the time!!!

[ August 10, 2006, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Kurt Gaber ]

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Steve Lane
Visitor
Member # 5850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Lane   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count us in for BB3!!!!!!!!
We'll bring the music!!!
Thanks for everything; we'll never forget your kindness!!
Steve & Dawn

--------------------
Steve Lane
jackflashsigns
19894 Yonge Street
Holland Landing ON
(905) 886-9656
jackflashsigns@rogers.com

Posts: 34 | From: Holland Landing ON (serving the GTA for over 30 years) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!