Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Panel Swap 6 Theme is...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Panel Swap 6 Theme is...
sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarge   Email sarge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all
I had several Ideas for a panel swap but I decided to go with a combination of ideas from a lot of you that posted, most had a preference for an alphabet theme, others suggested something cartoonish… and a few others suggested a free for all…
So for better or worse, lets combine the ideas and have this as a theme….

Panel Swap 6 theme is…. Using these elements.

Take your initials … e.g. J S … for John Serjeant…. DS … for Dan Sawatzky, etc.

Add the word …Signs…

And a …Cartoonish graphic.

And the words …. Panel Swap 6, somewhere on the panel.

Panels can be of whatever substrate you like…
They can be as complex or as simple as you please.

From whatever materials you like, if you want to gild, route, carve. airbrush, hand paint, sandblast, or vinyl…. whatever!... its up to you, go wild, show us what you’ve got!

The finish time for the swap will be August 1.
That’s eight weeks…. No point dragging things out…. We all probably work better under a deadline anyway!
Please… if you commit to the swap, and I’m taking everyone here who has posted as commiting…, then please make time to do the panel.

Rules are similar to the last swaps, I will deal with any disputes or rule making as they arise… we aren’t kids so I’m sure we don’t need to be stifled by a bunch of rules… but if rules need making then lets agree any decision I make is final…
If you don’t like the theme then do whatever you desire, just have fun with it!

As you finish your panels send me an email of the finished project and when we get a few finished we’ll start matching up the pairs and advise you who to swap with.

So all….. On With… Panel Swap 6

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Posts: 255 | From: Nerang, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOHOO!!!

On With… Panel Swap 6!!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks JOhn!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Salyers
Visitor
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Salyers   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Salyers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on it!

Thanks!

[ June 02, 2006, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Robert Salyers ]

--------------------
AirbrushBobby.com
Clearwater, FL
The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.1Cor1:18
“The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord”Rom6:23

Posts: 505 | From: Clearwater Florida USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Sarge! I'm going to get right on it and get 3 prices, then award the contract [Bash]

[Cool]

john

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey Dum   Author's Homepage   Email Kelsey Dum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waahhhooooiiiiieeeee!!! Let's do it.

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Posts: 827 | From: Sherwood, AR | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stefanie Fox
Visitor
Member # 6523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stefanie Fox   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh! my first panel swap! Am sooo excited!

--------------------
Stefanie Fox
Fox Design Studio
Atlanta, GA

Posts: 181 | From: Atlanta GA, USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarge   Email sarge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump [For Your Information]

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Posts: 255 | From: Nerang, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fun! ...and Grampa Dan doesn't get to recycle one of his alphabet panels. Hehe.

So, do we swap directly, or do we send ours to someone and get one from someone else?

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I pay someone to do mine? I still don't have mine done from the cirus swap.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Hi Dusty mate!
You gotta read the fine print! hehehe
When your done with your panel, send me a picture by email and when we have a few in I will match people up!
Don't send any panels until I tell you who to swap with...
Lets have a blast.... show us your best one and all!
Laura... are you in?
Only got 8 weeks to do it... if anyone doesn't feel they can do it in that time then its best not to commit to the swap.... that way we all know whats going on...
Please if anyone can't make it, post a reply here and we'll cross you off the swap list.
Let's do it!

[ June 02, 2006, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: sarge ]

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot diggity dang dog it!

I have got to stop drinking this gosh darn water up here.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't committ.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the idear.
I'm in too.
love....jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talisman
Visitor
Member # 1869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talisman   Author's Homepage   Email Talisman       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in!
An excuse to try something new. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Abner
Talisman Signs
Middleboro, MA

"We are limited only by our perception of our abilities."

Posts: 445 | From: Middleboro, Ma USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]
Don't fergit t' have FUN!

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in too.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in.

Rapid

PS: Sarge, can we use our middle initials, too?

[ June 05, 2006, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose Davidson
Visitor
Member # 6168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rose Davidson   Author's Homepage   Email Rose Davidson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sarge,
I just introduced myself via 'I have a confession' and hope that you will let another visitor join in on the fun. Pretty Please? [Wink]
~~

--------------------
Rose Davidson
Sleeper Woods Design
Honoring Tradition with Technology
Lakeport, CA 95435

Posts: 104 | From: Lake County, California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in with an new and original panel.... 3D routed and gilded of course.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8739 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Hi all
This is looking great!
Sure Rose... join in... welcome to Letterville.
Just do what you feel, but most important.... have fun with it and look forward to swapping a panel with one of these truly talented people we have here on this board.
Ray....I can't see why not!...go for it mate.
Thanks dan... knew the router might get a work out....can't wait to see the pics.......
Please everyone take note.... I am changing my email address because of a constant barrage of spam.... please correspond and send me your panel pics on this email address only.....
sarge1@onthenet.com.au

thanks all....
on with the swap....!!!
Gee.... I better get my finger out!

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Rose Davidson
Visitor
Member # 6168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rose Davidson   Author's Homepage   Email Rose Davidson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for letting me play too! I am planning on doing mine on the 'Bot... maybe give Grampa Dan a little (and I do mean little!) competition! Since I know how he is about that! [Wink]
I haven't invested in "real" gold leaf yet, but will decorate it within my means.
Thanks again!

--------------------
Rose Davidson
Sleeper Woods Design
Lakeport, CA 95435

Posts: 104 | From: Lake County, California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in too, My first! Let me know how to play. [Smile]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3488 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose Davidson
Visitor
Member # 6168

Hey Sarge,
What is the average size this panel should be? [I Don t Know]
I've got my relief ready to go... [Smile]
This is fun!

--------------------
Rose Davidson
Sleeper Woods Design
Lakeport, CA 95435

Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember you will have to pay to ship it somewhere! My first panel went to England.

Also, the recepient has to be able to fit it somewhere!

These are fun - you'll get hooked!

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose Davidson
Visitor
Member # 6168

Oh Right! Thanks Dana. I seem to recall seeing a post somewhere about keeping the panel under a certain side for that very reason.... I'm off to use the search function... unless, of course, Kimberly beats me to it! [Razz] tee~hee!

Thanks for the reminder!

--------------------
Rose Davidson
Sleeper Woods Design
Lakeport, CA 95435

sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Welcome on board Rick... Just read the first post in this thread to explain the rules and procedures.....have fun with it... do it as fancy or plain as you like....
Thanks Dana for reminding me of the costs .... yes it does cost a bit to mail to an overseas swapper, such as me.... but the joy of receiving a panel from a fellow letterhead from next door or around the world is worth the few bucks it costs for postage...
A little bit of research from the post office on the costs of different weight and size packages might determine the size, weight or type of sign you do...
To be part of the swap, and one of the best parts is.... you just don't know who you will be swapping with until you get matched up!
Don't forget to send me your pics of your finished project and when we get a few rolling in I will pair you up by a random data matching program I have, so no-one knows who will be swapping with whom until I email you the details of your swapper....
We now have 40 of you guys that have signed up.... 100% turnout means everyone will get a panel...... I LOVE IT!....Can't wait!!!

[ June 07, 2006, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: sarge ]

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Rose Davidson
Visitor
Member # 6168

Well Folks, I finally found the info about size... in case any other newbies were wondering!

In 2004 Jill said:
"For the UK folk, you will be surprized to know that if you keep your panel about 12"x14" it can be airmailed quickly for a very reasonable rate.
Otherwise it's 6 weeks by boat!"

And it works the same going back across the pond. Much better price than UPS or FedEx, BTW. [Eek!]

I am resizing vectors and have reserved 'Bot time.
This
is
fun! [Smile]

--------------------
Rose Davidson
Sleeper Woods Design
Lakeport, CA 95435

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...remember to mark your panel as a GIFT if filling out a customs form.
That way the recipient is not charged with a fee.
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!