Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » computer question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: computer question
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 5 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a little help from the computer wizzes out there. Im running Windows XP sp2. We bought a Kodak digital camera the other day and installed the software that came along with it. Now, all pictures that are on the computer are opened in this Kodak software. I know it's a default issue but I'm pretty lacking in computer knowledge. I'd like to return it to where the pics open in Corel Photo Paint.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey George,
From your desktop, right click on My Computer, select Explore.

From the My Computer window that opens select tools from the topmost toolbar, then select Folder Options from the drop down menu.

From the Folder Options window that opens select the File Types tab.

Now you will see a list of all the registered file types. What you need to do is scroll down and find the file types in that list that you want to open in corel (.tif, .jpg, whatever) highlight them and then select the CHANGE button toward the bottom middle of the window, this will pull up an application list window from wich you can select Corel. You’ll need to do this for any file types that have been changed. It’s sort of a pain in the rump.

Cheers.

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Allan
Visitor
Member # 52

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Allan   Author's Homepage   Email CJ Allan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Party Big "G"..........heheheh

Is it an "Easyshare".??
I've had my pics screwed up for a couple years now with this same problem.......

I'm anxious to hear the "SIMPLE" fix on this [Smile]

When ya comin by ?? [Smile]

--------------------
CJ Allan
CJs Engraving
982 English Dr.
Hazel, KY 42049

www.cjs-engraving.com

Posts: 1284 | From: Hazel, KY. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or just right click a jpeg, a drop down menu will appear, go to "open with", then "choose program". Select what you want it to open with and check the box that says "always use the selected program". You can do this with the other file/image types too. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or just right click a jpeg, a drop down menu will appear, go to "open with", then "choose program". Select what you want it to open with and check the box that says "always use the selected program". You can do this with the other file/image types too. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Dusty's way works too. I'd forgotten that little checkbox was there.

But seriously, this is a Windows machine we're talking about. Why do it the "easy" way? [Razz]

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Dusty [Smile]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

You better thank Jon too. I just went the shorter way.

--------------------
Industrious

Bill Cosharek
Resident

Member # 1274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Cosharek   Email Bill Cosharek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The easiest way to get pictures out of a Kodak camera & into your computer is to by-pass that software completely. You do this by getting a card-reading device (if it's like most K's, then it's Secure Digital/SD). You remove the card from the camera & insert it into the reader. Then you just transfer by using Windows Explorer. Couldn't be simpler. Transfer is practically instantaneous & omits using that cable thing or a docking device. In other words, I just prefer NOT to use the EasySwear stuff.

--------------------
Bill Cosharek
Bill Cosharek Signs
N.Huntingdon,Pa

bcosharek@juno.com

Posts: 703 | From: N.Huntingdon, Pa, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It works that way for me too Bill.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The easy share has become the "HOW TO not serve" your customers interests. All they wish to do is sell you their services which are expensive and time consuiming..
ITs been reincarnated at least 4 times.. Each time it gets a little better. But it has become at least 10 years behind everyone else. Soem love it,, Most hate it..

In XP.. After you install the cam drivers.. Usually you can directly access your pics via the My Computer panel. Attach your cam,, wait a few,,, and a cam icon should appear. Your cam should appear as another type of data storage device.. There you should see your camera icon. Click on it and you will soon get a folder with your pics listed by some code number. Just about any pic viewer will allow you to see them.

No need for any extra adapters in most cases.

-

[ May 09, 2006, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Curtis hammond ]

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Cosharek
Resident

Member # 1274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Cosharek   Email Bill Cosharek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
although modern cameras seem to do a good job of file transfer, I still prefer to save as much battery as possible. another option is if your printer has slots for those cards. that work well also.

(edited in):
Probably the most simplest method would be to get one of those newer memory cards which has a usb connector built right into it, thus by-passing the use of cameras, cords or card readers altogether.

[ May 10, 2006, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Bill Cosharek ]

--------------------
Bill Cosharek
Bill Cosharek Signs
N.Huntingdon,Pa

bcosharek@juno.com

Posts: 703 | From: N.Huntingdon, Pa, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just let the automatic downloader in XP get & load & label the pictures- I've not installed the camera's software. Later I use ACDSee to rename them, but I'm leaning toward trying Adobe's new Bridge program for that now.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!