Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » MAGNETIC BUSINESS CARDS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MAGNETIC BUSINESS CARDS
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who prints magnetic business cards?

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stouse. I think that their number is 877-764-5757.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy W. Robarge
Visitor
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy W. Robarge   Author's Homepage   Email Randy W. Robarge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For full color laminated business card magnets, without a doubt, Tradenet Publishing.

www.tradenetonline.com

Order, proof, and pay online and you'll receive a discount off their already low prices.

I use them quite often for magnets and other items.

--------------------
Randy
Graphic Details
Promotional Merchandise Distributor
South Glens Falls, NY

Posts: 381 | From: South Glens Falls, NY USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another source is magneticattractions.com.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10691 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I placed my first order with Stouse for them last month, screenprinted directly onto the magnetic. Customer loved them. The previous place he was ordering from had some cheap printshop print them on paper then apply that to magnetic & put a clear vinly over them. Edges were peeling and if you even thought about getting water near them they were toast. Little bit more $ but he understands how much classier they are & how that improves his reputation.

Wanted to add that he wanted 1,000 of them. Had it been a smaller amount, I would have just printed them on the edge.

[ May 03, 2006, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Kissymatina ]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Edge print vinyl and then slap it onto magnetic sheeting in approximately 24" x 36 " pieces.
Wet.
Then I cut them apart a few hours later after they set up.
I do them all the time, larger bumpersticker size as well, never any problems, just re-orders.

More than about 300 or so I have Stouse do it.

When a new small service type customer comes in and I design the logo, and do a truck, or jobsite signs ---
if I have the time, I edge print a few bus cards for them with the logo, or a mouse pad (edge printed on smart blocker heatpress applied)
or a T-shirt (same) -just depending on what else I'm doing and can fit it into production.

People just love that, and while I'm rambling let me add that I also give them a pre-printed sheet thanking them for their business, and listing all the stuff we (I) do.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.paylessmagnets.com/

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Myra, curious as to why you don't just print onto the magnetic?

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kissy - it's fear.
I have heard stories of problems with running Gerber-mag through anything that is not an Edge II, and I have an Edge I.
I have been told about laborious work-arounds and ways to make it work, but frankly, each time I have an order for them I don't have the time/energy/inclination to do the research to try it.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, too, print on vinyl, and then apply to magnetic.

Way too many horror shows, trying to print directly onto the mag material. [Mad]

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Trying to remember if I printed on magnetic with the Edge 1. I do with the Edge 2 and the only problems I've had were bad rolls of magnetic. Printed all spotty, was no problem to get RMA for.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
magnetdog.com just hooked me up with a cusotmer. best prices that i found while shopping the printing was as good as the file i sent

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to check out some of these places. I get mine from silkcards.com.

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Ray Mattingly
Resident

Member # 469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Ray Mattingly   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Ray Mattingly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I purchase some precut magnetic material already cut to the size of business cards. All you have to do is peel the backing and place your card right on the sticky adhesive. I really don't have a need for a bunch of magnetic cards if I did, I would look at having them screen printed for for a fairly small amount, if works out fine. Here is their e-mail. sales@averyvinyl.com
Don't panic, it is not avery lol. Avery is just ONE of the brands they sell.

--------------------
Tony Mattingly
www.signgrafix.com
www.nostalgic-signworks.com
Louisville Ky
tony@signgrafix.com

Posts: 301 | From: Louisville Ky. USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!