Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » SPOILED!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SPOILED!
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two emails, this morning, from a new client, regarding a couple of 8"x12" temporary signs on pvc....

****************email # 1 *********************
Thank you, Steve. Can you please give me two other fonts to choose from. I
am not sure I like the way the R turns up at the end and it may be a bit too
bold. Thank you very much.

P

******************email # 2 *******************
Also, Steve,

Can you include blue background without cranberry in several fonts. Thanks
so much.

P

Now, I don't know how her previous signmaker dealt with this stuff. But I don't just pull these sketches outa' my a**!

Guess I'll have to explain how things work around here. Better to cut 'er loose now, than to create a monster.

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve,

8inches x 12inches.....temporary?

This could take awhile..... [Rolling On The Floor]

OK, who's next?

Joe,

Makin Chips and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOPS
it's time to explain, (and take responsibility)

Such as:
temporary signs are something we are ordinarily trusted with to create without design issues.
After basic preferences are expressed we produce the work and therefore don't have to charge design fees, or provide proofs and alternatives.

This time I will work with you at no additional cost because I did not make this clear to you at the start.

I'm sure you understand, and I thank you.

============
That will save you the customer, if she is worth it, and if you care, and will gain you respect and dollars in the future.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol...yeah i think you need cut her loose fer sure.
since they are temporary and 8x11...thats what little home printers are for...and she can screw around with the fonts and colors for days!!! oh what fun!!! i'm sure she'll want to be a signmaker next after all that fun!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just send her a bill for the first drawing... let her cut her own self loose

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is a direct referral, and is affiliated with one of my best customers. So I wouldn't really "cut 'er loose". (as Myra points out, there's future work to be had, here)

But I have to add a separate charge to the invoice for the sketches, or I'll get this again and again...

Funny, we can design a ten thousand dollar project and it's accepted without revision. But then on a two hundred dollar quikie, we're asked to submit every font and color scheme in the house! [I Don t Know]

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Cape Cod, MA

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Chrimes
Resident

Member # 5864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Chrimes   Author's Homepage   Email James Chrimes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you need to go to staples and get an easy button.

--------------------
JIM CHRIMES
BACON GRAPHICS
56 SUMMIT ROAD
NEWPORT, NH 03773
bacongraphics.com

Posts: 283 | From: Newport, NH | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Myra's response is perfect. It is polite, professional, and makes clear how things are going to be.

I am going to borrow that one for sure.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6453 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you get $200 for 2 8"x12" temporary signs...???
not too shabby!!!

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wait till this thread gets some more replies you'll have people telling him they never touch a job like this for under $850

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Gavin, I was thinking $1250, but they'll get 3 designs to choose from, and 3 revisions of their final design. Plus I'll give them the design on a CD for them to use in any manner they deem appropriate [Smile]

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Ontime,
They hafta be nice (interior office area). 2 layers vinyl, printed. So yeah, that's about right.

But I will have to add for the add'l sketches, and if I have to buy a font, well... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Cape Cod, MA

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!