Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Anyone here Kayak?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone here Kayak?
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going Kayak shopping today.
I'm a newbie.

Anyone got some advice or feedback for me?
Any kayaking adventure stories you wanna share?

Enlighten me. Encourage me. Educate me.

Thanks!
Nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got a place here that rents boats to float down several miles of river that's pretty tame. They offer kayaks, keowes(sp?), and canoes. The keowe is wider and shorter and easier to keep upright than the kayak. They sell off some at the end of the season at pretty low prices. I'm no pro, more of a beer drinker and layabout on the river. I had to question my state of relaxation when I noticed there were some birds circling above me looking pretty hungry. Lots of turtles, snakes, some deer and other wildlife and the occasional local nudist to keep things interesting. Be careful when you're under low hanging limbs, as that's where the snakes and wasps seem to hang out.

-Dusty

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your choice of 'yak will be influenced by how you intend to use it, and by your budget.

I have a couple of 14' rotomolded Manteo's by Wilderness Systems.
They've been great for exploring the local back-rivers, coves, and islands.

They have enough gear stowage for day tripping or short overnighters. And the polyethelene can really take a beating, {which is how I use them).

The plastic is a bit heavy and has more friction than the glass, but for recreational use, they're a lot less to worry about when poking around shallow, rocky areas on an incoming tide.

A boat with a wide beam, double chine hull will be the most stable, so you won't need to be constantly bracing. They are harder to eskimo-roll, though.

Once you make your purchase, head with a friend to a shallow pond, and practice bracing, wet exits, rescues, self rescues, and re-entrys, it'll be time well spent (and a hell of a workout).

Someday, I'd like a nice kevlar touring 'yak that will be a bit more slippery and plush, but that's down the road a piece $$$.

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out Ocean Kayak's Pro 2 tandem. They should have a solo version, if that's what you're looking for. I have a Malibu two. There's this real long one that's real stable, but a real pig to move.

Advice? If you're going far out, don't go solo.

Stories? I kayaked from 7 Seas beach to Las Cucarachas once. THAT was a challenge (for me, anyway) !

Edited to add:

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=14&Z=20&X=69&Y=635&W=1

7 Seas is that deep U on the mainland, Cucarachas are the specs in the center

[ March 21, 2006, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Felix Marcano ]

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me? Kayak? Never.. that's why I have 6 of them in the garage. [Smile]

For ease of use and pure recreational enjoyment, the Sit-On-Tops are great. They're stable. They're not as critical to fitting as whitewater yaks or ocean/sea/touring kayaks. If you tip, they're easier to board and they won't take on water like the others you sit down inside of. I have an Ocean Kayak brand.

Inflatable kayaks are great too. I have two AIRE inflatables. One is a single person the other fits two, or one person plus camping gear. They're comfortable, if you ever do whitewater you can literally let yourself bounce through the rapids like a pinball machine, the major downside is on flat water (lakes, slow rivers) they're horridly slow, you'll spend a ton of energy paddling them and if it's windy just pack the thing up cause you'll never get anywhere.

Whitewater kayaks are the sportcars.. They require minimal effort to go fast, they're quick and nimble. They may not be the most comfortable things for touring around though. You have your standard size whitewater yak and there's also the Stubby, which is just long enough to fit your legs in the front and these things are the ultimate for precise control. I have one of each.

Then you have the Ocean/Sea/Touring kayak. Mine is 19 FEET long. It's great for paddling around lakes or as the name implies, the ocean. It's not a nimble turner though so it's not suited for fast moving rivers with tight turns. I can paddle mine down the Colorado River here because it's pretty tame.

All in all, I get the most enjoyment from the Sit-On-Top. It's easy to jump off into the water to cool down then climb back up and it has room in the back for a cooler, SCUBA tank, etc.

Your best deals you will find at swap meets on used gear. Many outfitters will host these either at the beginning or end of the season.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettie,

I kayak in Lake Champlain with a Wilderness Systems 16.5 ft kayak with a rudder.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

What will you use it for? (a leisure kayak on a calm lake?, a more challenging kayak in a river?

Generally longer (14-17') kayaks are easier to paddle, and generally faster. (good for open water, rough or calm)

Generally shorter (10-14') kayaks are more maneuverable. (for a stream, or river)

I personally have not had a problem putting my kayak anywhere in a lake or shore area.

Generally, the shape of the hull(bottom), and the shape of the chine (where the bottom meets the sides of the kayak) will determine how "stable" the kayak will be. (wheather it rocks easily)

The salesperson will direct you to which "hull/chine combination" would work with the type of ride you want.

A rudder (operated by your feet) is a fantastic investment, and well worth the extra cost. Without a rudder, you have to steer with your paddle alone. Not hard to master, but if you just want to go for a nice relaxing ride/workout, a rudder makes it much more enjoyable.

All of the above is not worth it, if you are uncomfortable. A roomy cockpit is easy to get in and out of. I prefer a "roomy" cockpit, that allows my legs to bend-up some, without feeling like my legs are "forced" straight.

A good seat that adjusts up in the back is nice.

Watertight bulk-heads compartments should be standard, to allow you to carry gear and keep it dry.

I am sure I will think of more, and edit.

I hope this helps.

Peace out,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1875 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was raised with a German made Klepper folding 2 man kayak in our household. I've later owned 2 of my own. My brother has my dads old one, but also has a Feathercraft one man collapsible.

I've been on lakes (they come with optional sailing rigs... very cool, check out the website) marshes, slow rivers, fast rivers & in rough ocean conditions. A collapsible is not the right tool for every job, but it is another option you should be aware of. They are excellently crafted vessels that have earned a place among your other choices. Portability & storage are their advantages. If you go often, & have adequate transportation, you can leave it assembled, but if you need to, you can store it in a hall closet, or transport it in a VW bug.

I have way too many stories to tell, but getting thrown on the beach by a wave was cool... unfortunantly, it was the beach of a huge offshore island (near sunset beach in southern Oregon)that I wanted to explore... but that rogue wave made me fear the challenge of gtting back out to safety with the changing tides... so I went straight back out to get it over with. ...then there was the bold idea of setting in for a thrilling upstream attempt during the spring snowmelt runoff in the Oregon Cascades... snapped a paddle navigating the rapids backwards. So much for "upstream" [Smile]

...exploring the water-level caves, crevices & caverns of Wisconsin Dells was exceptional, but most of my paddling was in Canada... close proximity to Moose, Beaver, Bear, & Great Blue Heron... lots of inter-connected lakes, over-land portages & complete backcountry wilderness camping experiences.

I've never tried a sea kayak, but now that the 47 year old realities of life are showing up in my surfing (snapped a rib last month) ... it may be time to try one. You can catch waves, but also enjoy a relaxing workout on flat days.

[ March 21, 2006, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Doug Allan ]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Stebbing
Visitor
Member # 368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Stebbing   Email Rich Stebbing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a couple of them also, one is a sit-on top Ocean Kayak that has a "chine"(I think thats what ist is called) that protudes at bottom of hull and acts kind of like a keel that it makes the kayak track better. It also makes it a little more stable, the drawbacks are it is slower,heavier, and needs a couple of more inches of water than a round bottom boat. I do take it in "ocean waters" occasionally and feel comfortable with it.
My other is a small 8' round bottom "Kiwi" brand that is great for calm days, and glides through the water with ease. Because it is short it is easier to cartop and carry. It has a generous ampont of cockpit room that allows knees to bend up if desired and makes for easy in/out. The drawback here is because it is short you may have to work harder to make it track better, and is a little tougher getting back in after a capsize,....kids really love this one.
They are both durable. Be sure to get proper and comfortable seating(a must). Carry a towrope that can be used for anchorage etc. Most places that sell them usually have some "Demo Days" at nearby lakes etc. As was mentioned, one of the first techniques to practice is getting back in your Kayak once you been tossed or slipped out. You can go to a spot to practice this over and over again, also convey this to anyone else who takes it for a spin,....panic on the water can be ugly. You will get years of enjoyment out of a Kayak. Many of them even keep a decent resale value. When we go camping or sailing we always take them. Enjoy!

--------------------
Rich Stebbing
RichSigns
Rohnert Park CA
707-795-5588

Posts: 755 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're planning on hitting the waves a Frenzy maneuvers real good. All the ones I mentioned are Ocean Kayaks.

Oh, a backrest is a good investment.

& try not to beach it. It'll eventually start leaking. I got mine used & it leaks pretty bad. Not that it'll sink in a minute or anything, but the sucker gets real heavy.

[ March 21, 2006, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Felix Marcano ]

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

http://www.oceankayak.com/kayakinfo.html

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

This is the one I'm looking into buying

http://store.oeexpress.com/kayak53h.html

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettie, you're gonna love kayaking. Where we live there's lots of "thin" water, as in tidal coves and inlets, rocky little islands, and salt marshes. And there is nothing more relaxing than going out on the water on a long summer evening, just drifting and poking around places that are too shallow for other boats.

Lots of kayak dealers have classes, too, and they are well worth the money. You can take a lesson and then decide what kind of boat you want based on your comfort level.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, your reponses gave me alot of insight. I certainly appreciate it.

I just got back, and I looked at several models of single kayaks. I've decided that the weight of it was going to be a big consideration for me, because I want to be able to handle it more easily.

They had a kayak there on sale with a rudder, but the thing was 63lbs. The price and the features looked attractive to me until I tried to lift it. Ouch!

Right now I'm seriously considering a kayak made by Wilderness Systems, called the Pungo 120. It's a duralite model, 12.5' long, and weighing 39lbs. The cost was $875.00

My ultimate choice would be the Tsunami Duralite w/ a rudder ... but it's a whoppin' 1350.00 (gulp)

I'm gonna keep investigating. [Smile]

Thanks again for all the feedback!
Nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah forgot to mention, kayaks can be expensive purchases. [Smile]

Come on Nettie.. $1350? That's nothing. A couple logo development jobs will take care of it or maybe even half a simple website. [Smile]

That's why I suggest waiting til a swap meet if you can.

All my kayaks were bought used for $500 or less, except the inflatables which were bought new at retail.

If you get into a paddling group, there's always someone with a boat to sell.

It doesn't stop at the kayak either.. then you get into all the accessories and oh... don't even get me going on the carbon fiber paddles - I've got my share of those too. Then there are classes where they teach how to handcarve wooden paddles.

This sport has a wicked way of snowballing on you. Shoot, I had to build a custom rack to store all the kayaks I have but it's pretty cool. It's on casters so it rolls around easily, stores the heavier kayaks up high in the right position to slide right onto roof mounted racks, and it also neatly stores another addiction - bicycles. [Smile] They hang from hooks on the side of the 'Yak Rak.

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you want to go in calm bay or river waters??? Most of our kayaking is in the ocean and surf, wearing helmets. Usually seeing what the folks are using that do what you want to do will give you the answers you want. When you know what you want, find a way to purchase a used one. Often the rental shops sell off their inventory to buy new ones. Perhaps a want ad in the paper or on a BB at the sports shop? We see the ocean kayaks used for $200.
Kayaking Photos

[ March 21, 2006, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Rick Sacks ]

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6722 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettie,
Why don't you put an ad in the paper that you're looking for one?/the one of your dreams (the lightweight one).
There is a huge interest here in our town to attract more kayakers to our city. And in southeastern Fla there were plenty when I was down there too. Or maybe something like ebay? You may just get a real deal and save your money for other goodies.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Sheflo
Visitor
Member # 3608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Sheflo   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Sheflo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to put in my two cents on this one. My dream boat would be the one I make myself from a kit from these folks:

Pygmy Boats

Even the most basic finish makes these boats absolutely beautiful. With just a small amount of paint work (think of any custom job you like!) and it truly becomes YOUR boat.

The downside? It only takes somewhere between 40-100 hours of actual working time from all I've read! [Wink] I'm sure those who want to can find time in their day for yet another project! [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
Mark Sheflo
Renton, Washington
A-Squared Signs, LLC

Posts: 145 | From: Renton, Washington | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Diver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Diver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've whitewater kayaked in all sorts of weather - usually snow storms in Idaho & Utah, I think you want more of a sea kayak. The $1300 price sounds quite reasonable as my friend who is an avid sea kayaker just got one in the $4K range - ouch!

Enjoy!

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Posts: 770 | From: Everett, WA 98201 USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettie - funny story - me and a friend went on an inflatable kayak on a local lake and couldn't get back to shore for hours. A storm cloud came up and brought wind with it. That wind just pushed us wherever it wanted - we were laughing the whole time - thankfully no lightning came from it - but I definitley wouldn't get an inflatable after that!!!

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

I'm with Rick. If there's any kayak rentals around your area you can find them for about that much. I paid $250.00 for mine from a rental place.

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

John Prehn
Visitor
Member # 4381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Prehn   Email John Prehn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another vote for the kit-built wood kayaks- I've made two of these; http://www.clcboats.com/index.php
They are lightweight, easy to build, and completely beautiful. They are not for whitewater use but are perfect for where I live on the Chesapeake Bay; mud and sand bottoms.

The only downside is the TIME it takes to build, but even that is relative.

The first kit I made was a request from my wife; It took me 18 months to assemble and finish. (Hey! The shop can get busy!)
However, after we launched and I paddled around a bit, I was informed by my dear wife that this was HER kayak, thank you, and I should get my own. The next kit, for MY kayak, took me two weeks. Learning curve, you know.

Anyhow, kayaking is great. Whenever I need to "recharge my batteries" that is where you'll find me.

Good Luck.

--------------------
John Prehn
Signcraft
Annapolis, MD

signcraft@mindspring.com

Posts: 7 | From: Annapolis, MD | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a "Thrill Kat" which is an inflatable but I've never had any problem with mine but it's a little thing built for fun. It has two pontoons that I pump up to rock hard.

Funny you should mention getting a Kayak Nettie; I've been looking for an ocean going one or maybe a bit shorter model. I've been looking on craigslist.com too.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janette, I've been paddling a Pungo for maybe 6 years now. The newer ones are lighter in weight than mine. I picked the Pungo because of the larger cockpit opening as I'm usually fully rigged for fishing and it give me some room for a small tacklebox.

The wife has one of their discontinued models. Up here in Michigan we kayak as long as there is open water. We've broken skim ice with them and launched ourselves off snow covered banks like a toboggan. We do a few rivers each summer, not white water by any means though. Our favorite waters are still backwaters with tons of wildlife and jet skis. Sorry Mike [Wink]

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1357 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Hey Bill we've got some nice backwaters here, only people in this area call em Toolies.. tall reeds with narrow channels of shallow water (sometimes less than a foot deep) meandering all over the place. I'll never take a kayak into them though for the simple fact I know lots of people take their jetskis full bore through there. It's a thrill ride not being able to see what's ahead or if someone else is buzzing through on an intersecting channel. I should know, I'm one of the yahoos doing it. [Smile]

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have Wilderness System Pungo 140s - the 14' model. I previously had a 16' Perception Catalina with a rudder, which was stolen [Mad] [Frown] The Perception was great, but in many ways I like the Pung better; its got a stable hard chine, big cockpit opening, and a skeg for easy tracking.
How much you spend for accessories is up to you. What you NEED is a good life jacket/PFD and maybe a half-skirt, good water shorts and a hat to keep the sun off you. Other stuff can come later as you need it.

Keep checking around for sales, etc. Our Pungos were $675 a piece.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

quote:
Originally posted by Cam Bortz:
I previously had a 16' Perception Catalina with a rudder, which was stolen [Mad]

Guess that's worse than having some moron spraypaint graffiti on a Dagger Apostle. Glad I don't live in a condominium complex anymore.

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Robert Salyers
Visitor
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Salyers   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Salyers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettie, Go up on us19 past walker ford on the left there are kayaks you can try before you buy. they have rentals too. they will get you all set up.

--------------------
AirbrushBobby.com
Clearwater, FL
The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.1Cor1:18
“The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord”Rom6:23

Posts: 505 | From: Clearwater Florida USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!