Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Letterheads Oz 2006

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Letterheads Oz 2006
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a few emails from Dave O'Hanlon, and he says Ronnie has sold the business in Canberra, so LetterheadsOZ won't be there, but is likely to be in Sydney, starting Friday 13th October. Location & host to be advised, but might be guessable!

Any volunteers [Smile] ?

Dave's drawn up a nice starter logo that I'll post later for ideas on improving it.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david drane
Deceased

Member # 507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david drane   Email david drane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ian, I have just recieved the latest "Image" magazine and there is an article in there stating that Letterheads 2006 will be held in Perth W.A.
It also says that the local TAFE will be involved teaching "signage skills, includingwriting and guilding onto glass, lettering styles, color, and art." Registration is $230.
I won't be flying all the way over there if that is what they are offering. There is also a pic of their logo and it has Fremantle on it.

--------------------
Drane Signs
Sunshine Coast
Nambour, Qld.
dranesigns@bigpond.com
Downunder
"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer"

Posts: 965 | From: Nambour, Qld. Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, I saw that article too. It is the "West Coast" Letterhead Meet they hold every year as few of our brothers there have the time or money to come to ours.

We need another Meet in Queensland! Ian ... how big is your barn? [Smile]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarge   Email sarge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Ian....How big???

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Posts: 255 | From: Nerang, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WA has their own separate meet, it's a long way over there!
Stanb Butler who's hosting it was at the SA letterheads that Brett Sunstrom hosted in 2004. His business (Parnell Signs) was the one that Alan Bond worked for in his early days...before he became famous for various things like the America's Cup business.

Jon, maybe next year we'll do it here- we've got electricity now, just need a bigger set of sheds, and a marquee for everyone to camp in!
The workshop is 20 x 40 ft, with an 11 ft skillion on one side, and I'm about to put up a 20 x 40 ft car port on the other side, but we just need some rain to help the atmosphere first. We have a big carport on the house (50 x 12 ft), and I'm about to add 20 x 30 ft to that too.
Most of the shed space enclosed is storage for things. Actual usable workable space is only 15 x 20 ft at the moment. We do a lot outside!

Best wishes!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can get tents for workshops, a marquee and a bloody big caravan that's set up like an office from Downs Tarps [Smile]

Plus I have a friend who hires out camper vans for those who don't want to rough it!

I'm sure I get get a good deal on potaloos, BBQ, generator, compressor etc from Master Hire. If you are short of water I've got 5000 gals spare. [Wink]

I would do it at my place but there's really not enough room. You've got heaps of that! If you need help ... just holler.

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

OK Jon- October 2007 it is, your offers are all appreciated! (not 2006 though!)

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

John Jordan
Deceased

Member # 2368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Jordan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To all those interested it the Australian Letterhead Meet 2006.

HANG TIGHT.

Since the unfortunate cancelation of the Canberra venue we have been negotiating with Bob Harper in the Mittagong area.

Failing any eventuality there Paul and I have decided to pick up the ball and run with it and would hold the meet in Sydney at our shop.

REST ASSURED IT WILL HAPPEN !

John

--------------------
Aussie John
Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia

man makes a thing of beauty of that which he loves

Posts: 148 | From: Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Fisher
Visitor
Member # 107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Fisher   Email David Fisher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ian,
Its been while since there was a local meet that I could spare the time to attend so...
I'll spring for a shovel and a 6 pack of bogroll so theres no need for portaloo's, pack the swag and camp on the other side of the fence from those bloody great horses so accomodation is no problem, chuck some brasied steak and onion + a carton in for the catering.
It's a safe bet that it'll rain if I go somewhere with just the swag for cover so thats just a bonus.
Sounds like the makings of a meet... Jon, Dave?
Any other takers?

--------------------
David Fisher
D.A. & P.M. Fisher Services
Brisbane Australia
da_pmf@yahoo.com
Trying out a new tag:
"Parents are the bones on which children cut their teeth
Peter Ustinov

Posts: 1450 | From: Brisbane Queensland Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david drane
Deceased

Member # 507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david drane   Email david drane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Mr Fisher, seeing that I won't be taking my wife, that sounds like a real good idear!!

--------------------
Drane Signs
Sunshine Coast
Nambour, Qld.
dranesigns@bigpond.com
Downunder
"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer"

Posts: 965 | From: Nambour, Qld. Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We want to come! I'll start doing what the Doc says this time.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarge   Email sarge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're looking to sell up and move up your way Jon and Ian, so if all goes well I'll be a neighbour and more than willing to lend a hand.... When the move happens I will do all I can to help!

[ February 24, 2006, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: sarge ]

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Posts: 255 | From: Nerang, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

That's 07 up here- it'd be great to have you Steve, and anyone else too! Thanks for the offer Sarge, and Dave, we've plenty of shovels here!

In the meantime, it looks like maybe Bob Harpers or Paul & John Jordans in Sydney for 2006- great!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!