Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Since Sawatzky's Been Away...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Since Sawatzky's Been Away...
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody had to pick up the slack...

MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam MultiCam

OK, Now where’s my check?

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

Thanks Dave!

I sense router envy??

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this was gonna say
HAPPY happy JOY joy HAPPY happy JOY joy HAPPY happy JOY joy
HAPPY happy JOY joy v HAPPY happy JOY joy
Phoebe!
[Wink]
Love.....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Milne
Visitor
Member # 4621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Milne   Email Rick Milne       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harsh...very harsh...but funny....

Rick

--------------------
Rick
Tam Arte Design Studio
Downingtown, PA
milne2@msn.com

Posts: 278 | From: Downingtown, PA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Router envy? Naaaah! Raymond's will be so much easier to steal when he gets it. He's a whole lot closer. I'll sneak it out of there when he's coating some MDO.

We cut out lots of panels today on a friend's MultiCam. I designed the graphics for a training center and made about forty signs that looked like they were torn from the pages of the Wall Street Journal. I tore a bunch of newsprint and scanned the edges to get the random profiles.

As all those ragged shapes appeared under the MultiCam, I began to dream of how nice it would be to have one parked in that corner of my shop. I snapped back to reality when I considered how much nicer it is to have the MultiCam and payment book three miles away.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harding has the right idea. Let someone else make the payments and just pay them for your occasional job. I'd do that too but no one near me has one of those monsters.

David....email your contact person. I may be able to send some of my work up there. It's only 120 miles from here.

MDO is calling.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David's solution is the right one for folks doing simple cutouts and lettering. It may even work for someone who could articulate exactly what they needed from someone who knew how to run a router and program it accordingly.

But let me tell you, there's nothing like having your own machine out in the shop which you can play with, design for and learn inside out. At that point the machine will do magic which you simply can't contract somone else to do for you.

And then there is the sheer joy of watching the machine whittle the cool idea which up to that point only lived in your head, and in your computer screen.

Please take not I never even mentioned the "M" word either. [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!