Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » for bob kashak...oops for the day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for bob kashak...oops for the day!
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i was hanging with bob at jills meet we were laughing about the near fatal blunders that we encounter on a regular basis...especially if you are a one person shop.
well here's one...of course i needed this 1.5" 4x8 of hdu...in the back of the pile which was leaning against the wall...now i figured if i planted myself firmly i could balance the weight of all these 4x8s which ranged from 3/4" mdo, 1" extira, dibond, 1" hdu, aluminum etc etc. on my hip....not that i have great big birthing hips or nothing but i'm no petite fleur...well i got that 1.5" hdu piece out and its standing vertical to the left of the pile....so now i just had to put the rest of the pieces back against the wall...that seemed simple enough...but being the "limme just get that a tad closer" assshole that i am i wanted to just fill that 1.5" void so they all were nice and tight against the wall.
that's when i lost my balance and i couldn't hold all those 4x8s on my hip....so i went flying into the temporary table i had setup....with sawhorses and plywood. well that sawhorse took it hard...flattened the sucka...and that little paint can....that thing saved my leg from totally bein pinned....thanks kellie miller!!! love those sample cans!!!
ya think i'd learn....but i guess i don't! [Wink]
 -  -

[ October 25, 2005, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: KARYN BUSH ]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shoulda got Don to build you a nice storage rack while we were there! Glad you weren't laying under all that when Jim got home!!!

[Smile]

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like that coulda been alot worse Karyn.

Glad yer allright.

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simply Not Ordinary Karyn!

it's a real chance you are not under that pile
or that plywood.

Hope you dont have to much bruises. outch!

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one of those "What was I thinkin'!!?" days. Glad you weren't hurt. Bill's has a couple of those stories for ya. One of my favorite photos I HAD of him (funny how that just disappeared!) was standing on a board across two 50 gallon drums of broken glass lettering a recycle center sign. Where was OSHA that day?

Not ME, though...I never do that kinda stuff! [Big Grin]

[ October 24, 2005, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheheheeee ... a slight case of "Crainial Rectumitis"?

[I Don t Know] [I Don t Know] [I Don t Know] [I Don t Know]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Costa
Resident

Member # 3366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Costa   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Costa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We still luv ya!
[Rolling On The Floor]
[Rolling On The Floor]
[Rolling On The Floor]
[Rolling On The Floor]
[Rolling On The Floor]
[Rolling On The Floor]
[I Don t Know]

--------------------
Ron Costa Sign and Design
28 Ingerson Road
Jefferson, NH 0358

Posts: 620 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, glad you didn't get hurt.

Second, I'm flattered for being in the same catergory, and glad I'm not the only klutz! [Smile]

Third, if I were to video myself in my shop, and some of the "antics" of working alone, I could make a mint.

It's amazing the insane ideas you can come-up with while working alone. (solo installations are the best, aren't they?)

If I'm attempting something I know might end in disaster, I say to myself "watch this".

Karyn, I think my ribs still hurt from laughing so hard when you and I were talking about working alone. [Rolling On The Floor]

Great reminder.

Peace out,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1922 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kellie Miller
Merchant

Member # 2788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kellie Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Kellie Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha Karyn!

I'm glad that you weren't hurt! Luckily I was able to help, even if I am across the country.

Thanks for the laugh Karyn, but I really am glad that you're okay.

Good thing you had the FSC-88WB in stock! haha..
Oh! got your package today with the nice thank you card and plaque. That was really cool of you! :-) (and, again, you're welcome)

Take care, Kellie

P.S. If anyone else needs a sample of a great primer and life saver, just call me! :-)

--------------------
Kellie Miller
Customer Service Mgr.
Coastal Enterprises Company
Mfg. of Precision Board
(800) 845-0745
www.precisionboard.com
hdu@precisionboard.com

Posts: 118 | From: Orange, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jake snow
Resident

Member # 5889

Icon 14 posted      Profile for jake snow   Author's Homepage   Email jake snow       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karyn,
You would still be able to do great work with one leg [Wink]
Glad you don't half to though [Smile]

--------------------
Snow's Sign Works
865-908-0076
snowman@planetc.com
www.snowsigns.com

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Posts: 1640 | From: Sevierville, TN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, Karen,
You really crack me up. What's so funny is that I can relate.

[ October 25, 2005, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well its nice to know that i'm not alone...and someday when i do end up in traction, cause ya know, i'll never learn....that my sign friends will totally be understanding to the situation.
yeah kellie those sample cans are great! but i need to order the big girl gallons from now on! [Wink]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What size is that Karyn? Quarters or clockface?

[Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you mean hubcap,Steve.(Kate)

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1021 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There ain't no tellin' how many times I've done that same stunt . . . luckily, I have'nt got caught under a pile of stuff . . . yet . . . the bent can looked scarey! Glad that wudd'nt one of your appendages gal!

Working alone has made me a real troll during the rare occasions I actually have someone in the shop . . .
I get pretty put-out when they can't figg'er out how to do stuff alone and dare to ask me for help . . . [Roll Eyes]

I'm like, 'Wha?! . . . man here- use a CLAMP.'
'Do it like THIS',
'Use you're knee.',
do this-do that, figger it out,
All ya gotta do . . .

lol

They look at me like I'm crazy . . .
I forget the poor baby's have NEVER HAD TO figure out how to work . . . .and without SOMEONE'S help. . . [Bash]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!