Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT: Condolences to Oklahoma Letterheads

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Condolences to Oklahoma Letterheads
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas 45, Oklahoma 12

I’m sure OU must have sneaked off with a victory or two in the last few years, but since us old Texas 'heads are gettin’ feeble in the memory, I really can’t remember.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fortunately life isn't all about football!

But hey we had a good run...don't you think [Smile]

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oklahoma had won the last five in a row, but revenge is sweet. This was the 100th meeting of the two teams.

For those who might be wondering what this is all about - this is a long rivalry where the Okies and Texans meet at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas during the Texas State Fair. Even the two governors have a good-natured bet on the game.

I'm not that much of a sports fan, but this game is always special.

By the way, the young man who made the first touchdown for Texas - Romance Taylor (#11) is from Belton, where I live. He set all kinds of records in high school as a running back.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Chapman:
By the way, the young man who made the first touchdown for Texas - Romance Taylor (#11) is from Belton, where I live. He set all kinds of records in high school as a running back.

Naming a son "Romance" is just plain cruel.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it is pronouced "ra-mounce". He has no problem with those who would make fun of him -he's about your size Don. The only difference his body is all muscle.

He moves fast, too. While in high school his sprint relay team won the state championship and he still holds the state record for the long jump.

No one is inclined to mess with him.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While teaching wood carving and gold leaf in Nebraska, there was a guy named Laverne, no joke.
They automatically put him in a quad dorm with the women. Can you imagine what that guy's life must have been?

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a man whose first name is Renée and his middle name is Delores. I guess his parents locked onto a name and were going to stick with it no matter what.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew a gentleman from Kansas whose name was Laverne and his son's name was Carol.

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, condolences go out to the Ohio State Buckeyes as the Penn State Nittany Lions return to the top ten.

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!