Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Vinyl Express Plotter...what is it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vinyl Express Plotter...what is it?
Kurt Silva
Visitor
Member # 257

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kurt Silva   Email Kurt Silva       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years back I bought a used Vinyl Express Plotter for my oldest son. We are just now trying to get it up and running. We have Corel 12 and Co-Cut. The sign company that we bought the software from hooked up the plotter and made it work, fast and quiet, although he only cut the word Summa. So my son takes it home and the first cut works fine, then the plotter led says error on the next attempt. After the first cut, subsequent attempts just sends it to the saved jobs file or jobs waiting file or something like that. Co-Cut tech support suggests that maybe we have the wrong driver. However Vinyl Express is not an option on the driver menu. Anyone know how to go about finding out who made this for Sign Warehouse (they haven't returned my calls or e-mail, Rita maybe) so I can see if I can find a driver for this. OOOORRRRR, can any of you think of another reason this is doing what it is doing. Unfortunately, I did not get a manual with the plotter, so I know nothing about what all those buttons do. So anyone suggest a way to get a manual too? Thanks all!

--------------------
Kurt Silva
Bend,Oregon
ksilva@bendbroadband.com

Posts: 46 | From: Bend, Oregon | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my understanding is they are a cheap chinese knockoff of rolands.....you can set it as a roland cm-24, cx-24.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Branscum   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Branscum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contact Tech support @ signwarehouse. Thanks for your understanding OP

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS
www.masterstouchsigns.com

no, my signshop website is not finished....still.

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

Posts: 2500 | From: Clinton, AR USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denis E. Renaud
Visitor
Member # 4610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denis E. Renaud   Author's Homepage   Email Denis E. Renaud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do need an operating key pluged in on one of the com ports to function .

Since the first day mine has had the red error led flasing. (ignored it)

I've had mine for 3+ years and works great. Old paint is right set it same as roland cx-24. Mine came with "signpal" baasic version of flexi.

It's still in use and cuts for about 20 hrs every week.

--------------------
Denis Renaud
EXIT66 Signs & Graphics
Caselman, ON Can.
denis@exit66.ca

Posts: 84 | From: Casselman, On. Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Myers
Resident

Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Myers   Author's Homepage   Email Keith Myers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kurt,
Here's a link to the drivers and some manuals. You probably have the UltraPro series. We have one of them and it works great, but we use LXI so I'm not much help with Co-Cut

http://techsupport.signwarehouse.com/HTML/Cutters/index.html

--------------------
Keith Myers
SignOn Enterprises
222 E. 3rd St
Burkburnett, TX 76354
940-569-3000
keith@signonsigns.com
www.SignOnSigns.com

Posts: 149 | From: Burkburnett, Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kurt do you know what model it is? if its a 24" ill send you the manual from mine

Jason D

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kurt, I had a 15" vinyl express plotter, kept it five years with no problems, sold it to another guy, he still has it and its still cutting great.
If I remember correctly, I was using software that didnt have a driver for it either, but went through the drivers they did have and found one that worked great. Im sitting here trying to think of which one I used.....
You might just do like I did, and go through some of the drivers and see which one will work.
OP,you sure do put that foot in your mouth alot.
It cant taste that good. [Smile]

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as a side note.. I've been using mine for 5 years now and only minor problems that could of happened with any plotter with normal usage..

Jason D

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Starpoli
Visitor
Member # 1559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Starpoli   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry Starpoli       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 Vinyl Express plotters that are wonderful.
The "GREAT" Anagraph I bought as a first plotter was trouble from day one and now sits in a box under the table. Go figure.

--------------------
Jerry Starpoli
Starpoli Signs... since 1952

845-795-2438

Posts: 446 | From: Milton, NY US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Silva
Visitor
Member # 257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kurt Silva   Email Kurt Silva       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your help. What a great resource you all are. Kieth, it does look like the Ultra Pro in the picture on the link you gave me. I'll have him try downloading the driver from there. Thanks so much...again. And Denis, the problem is it won't cut again once we see the error prompt. And what about this operating key? What is that? We have a dongle that came with Co-Cut. Is that it, or is it something different? It is good to know that it is a reliable machine, although it won't get too much regular use. My son is the lead singer for a rock band that just debuted their first album on Rise Records. The sign thing is to make a little cash between tours. But who knows if he figures this thing out, maybe I'll learn to use it. I'll tell you one thing, computers and plotters are sure more complex than quills and paint.

--------------------
Kurt Silva
Bend,Oregon
ksilva@bendbroadband.com

Posts: 46 | From: Bend, Oregon | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Bahr
Visitor
Member # 2925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Bahr   Email Tom Bahr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is the Ultra Pro 24". The selection in the driver menu is the GRC 61. Hope this helps. By the way, it's been a great machine for me.

--------------------
Tom Bahr
Custom Signs of St. Cloud, Inc.
St. Cloud, MN
320-255-0588
tbahr@astound.net

Posts: 71 | From: St. Cloud, MN | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i called it what it is...no foot in mouth.....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Starpoli
Visitor
Member # 1559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Starpoli   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry Starpoli       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe...
GIVE IT UP!!!!!

--------------------
Jerry Starpoli

845-795-2438

Posts: 446 | From: Milton, NY US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Anagraph just went thru the world's our national record hurricane ,,, and now operates like it should.. My neighbors vinyl express went thru the same thing and wont even light up.. HeHE!!!

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Starpoli
Visitor
Member # 1559

Curtis...
Whatever happened to the offer to buy my Anagraph? When I told you what was wrong from day one and the lack of tech support? You stopped writing. Please explain!

--------------------
Jerry Starpoli

845-795-2438

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!