Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Gas price in Canada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gas price in Canada
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today it hit $8.40 a gallon! [Mad]

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy Baird   Author's Homepage   Email Sandy Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy,

You will have to translate that for our southern brothers and sisters, given our imperial size gallon and the exchange rate on our poor loonie.
(dollar for you south of the border people)

Monk

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Posts: 442 | From: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here its $1.05 per liter... which according to my math translates to about $3.78 per US gallon in US dollars. I think you better check your math Randy... it'll make you feel better!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from another post:
Things have just gotten outrageous.
More proof that gasoline prices are out of control:
I pulled into a full service gas station today and asked for five dollars worth of gas. The guy farted, took my five bucks and walked away.
(Dan Kearfott sent this joke to me) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're down to $2.75us per gallon here in Wilson.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's now costing me $13/100km to fill the car ... that's about US 35c/mile on the current exchange rate. The van uses about 40c/mile.

They are predicting $1.60/lite ($16/100km) by Xmas and the frigging Goverment won't even consider dropping their fuel tax rates ... just raking in the extra cash. Their tax take on fuel will have DOUBLED in less than 12 months!!!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Berry
Visitor
Member # 2604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Berry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$2.74 per gallon here in New Hampshire. I hear that it'll be hitting the four dollar mark after this weekend.....I sure hope they are wrong, oh please, let 'em be wrong!!!

--------------------
Mike Berry
New England

Posts: 534 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$2.56 here today in Lansing, MI.....but that was an hour ago...it could be $6.50 by now.

It always fluctuates...but never lower...imagine that?!

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hugh Potter
Visitor
Member # 5748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hugh Potter   Author's Homepage   Email Hugh Potter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jeeez !!! quit whining !! in the UK we've been paying near $2 a litre for ages !

my car does only does 5miles per litre ! , the race car hold almost that in the carb fuel bowls, 20 preses on the gas pedal and thats all gone ! 1 mile per litre if i behave !

--------------------
Hugh Potter
Drag-On signs,
sussex,
England, UK.
www.dragonsigns.co.uk

Posts: 145 | From: England, UK. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As of 3:00 P.M. CNN was reporting that the main pipeline from Houston to the midwestern states has been completely SHUT DOWN. No gas, aircraft fuel etc will flow northward to St. Louis or Chicago. To restart the refineries, and the pipeline, after the hurricane makes landfall could possibly take up to 2 weeks.

Fill up your tanks WHILE you can still get it, if you expect to have the ability to drive anywhere. [Frown]

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colleen Henderson
Resident

Member # 906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colleen Henderson   Email Colleen Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$8.00 apparently here Randy, (haven't left work yet to see) went up today & supposedly going to $8.60

--------------------
Colleen Henderson
Signs Now, Thunder Bay, ON
signsnow@tbaytel.net

Posts: 140 | From: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicola Rowlands
Visitor
Member # 5371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Rowlands   Email Nicola Rowlands       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Potter:
jeeez !!! quit whining !! in the UK we've been paying near $2 a litre for ages !
my car does only does 5miles per litre !

a bit ott hugh...these guys are in a crisis at the moment and all you can blether about is the cost of YOUR fuel......my advise get youself a 'smart-car' [Smile] and think of others before yourself [Wink]

--------------------
Nicola Rowlands
RGS Signs & Screenprinting
Reval Green
Finavon By Forfar
Angus scotland
01307 850 260

'learn from the mistakes of others..you can't live long enough to make them yourself'

Posts: 108 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rene st-pierre
Visitor
Member # 4116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rene st-pierre   Email rene st-pierre       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now in quebec city its 2.09$ litres at somme place
gaz is verry expensive...........its a begining oil for heater is up an propan too
an all need gaz for work ...............

--------------------
rene st pierre
quebec city
canada

red & white 81 forever 666

Posts: 290 | From: quebec city | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denis E. Renaud
Visitor
Member # 4610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denis E. Renaud   Author's Homepage   Email Denis E. Renaud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2.09/lt x 3.84 for american gallon = 8.09/gallon
or
2.09/lt x 4.54 for imperial gallon = 9.48/gallon

That's a little to much for me

My truck has a 135 lt tank!!! Cost me $282.15 to fill up!

Guess we have to bring up the delivery charges

--------------------
Denis Renaud
EXIT66 Signs & Graphics
Caselman, ON Can.
denis@exit66.ca

Posts: 84 | From: Casselman, On. Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Dan my math is excellent because we have stations that put the price at $2.85 per litre which is gouging.$2.85 x 4=$10.40 a gallon.Most stations were $1.05. [Bash]

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Droog
Visitor
Member # 3958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Droog   Email Frank Droog       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys scared me so i rushed out to the nearest station.
$1.08 a liter, up from yesterdays 0.96 a liter.
Dennis, Casselman is a 20 minute drive from ottawa. If your paying 2.09 a liter, id get a pickup and all the jerry cans i can get and make the drive.
Dan says hes paying 1.05 in BC.

I think my next car is going to be a diesel.
Saw some guys on the news using discarded restaurant cooking oil as diesel fuel in California.

--------------------
Frank Droog
SignLab
programmer

Posts: 91 | From: ottawa,ont,Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...My next car will be a BICYCLE !

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hugh Potter
Visitor
Member # 5748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hugh Potter   Author's Homepage   Email Hugh Potter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicola, surely the amount of exclamation marks surrounding my words were clear enough to make it apparent that my comments were tongue in cheek, whilst not long in the sign game, i've dealt with americans for over 10 years with my car parts supply biz, and they've always complained about the price of gas,

in no way were my comments meant in a nasty way, surely you can see that,

if any of you have been offended then i apologise !

--------------------
Hugh Potter
Drag-On signs,
sussex,
England, UK.
www.dragonsigns.co.uk

Posts: 145 | From: England, UK. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicola Rowlands
Visitor
Member # 5371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Rowlands   Email Nicola Rowlands       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
apology accepted hugh...i just feel for all the folks with whats happening right now...so i'll apologise, for reading your thread the wrong way round [Wink]

nik

--------------------
Nicola Rowlands
RGS Signs & Screenprinting
Reval Green
Finavon By Forfar
Angus scotland
01307 850 260

'learn from the mistakes of others..you can't live long enough to make them yourself'

Posts: 108 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Hehehe.....complaints about gas (or much anything else around here) is a national past-time.  -

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Hugh Potter
Visitor
Member # 5748

no prob Nic, the thread wasn't really about the troubles, just the gas prices initially, but thanks anayways !

Glen, i remember a few year back when one of my parts suppliers called me to enquire about a shipment he'd sent, during our chat he complained about his gas costing him 98c a gallon !!! we were paying near $7 at the time !!

ps, Nic, i had considered a smart car, one would tuck neatly into the 69 Fury's glove compartment, it would be handy to save me the walk when i run outta fuel cos of the intermitent guage !!!

--------------------
Hugh Potter
Drag-On signs,
sussex,
England, UK.
www.dragonsigns.co.uk

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!