Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Would it be wrong to start a Letterhead Relief Fund?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would it be wrong to start a Letterhead Relief Fund?
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Everyone,

After reading Gavin's report on things and Curtis's recent review on what misery he and his family are in and will be going through, I thought why couldn't we as a site raise money for some of our own?

I in no way am trying to take any focus of of the wonderful work that Mark Smith is doing or any effort that anyone has done personally through the Red Cross or any other avenue. On this site Auctions have been done, money has been raised for great causes and wonderful works have been done for sign people and their loved ones in need.

This site has a great advantage in it's favor it has a large number of registered Sign people, some residents, some visitors but all benefit one way or another from this site we like to frequent called Letterville.

Like any small town or "ville" in times of need most would band together to get greater impact.

Is it possible to set up a fund that we can donate to that would directly help those
effected from Letterville or is that an effort that would be done only in vain?

And if so how can it be done fairly so to distribute evenly?

Would it even be worth it?

Please post some feed back on this, I was sitting enjoying a cup of coffee this morning, a luxery some just can't have right now, and this thought weighed heavy on my heart.

Pleas don't turn this into a debate, and if this turns into a nightmare I'll just delete my original post and ask steve to lock this.

[ September 04, 2005, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Bob Rochon ]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell you that when Letterville did the same for me, getting a thoughtful card and check in the mail would often be the only thing to smile about all that day.

A couple dozen people from this site, including four merchants, thought enough to help. Thank you again..you know who you are. I'm obviously not the most loved person in this community, and likely there were more than a few of you that weren't happy I survived at all, or at least couldn't have cared less. But those people that did open their hearts gave me hope (not just the $10, $20 or in a few instances more..but the encouraging words that these people wrote in the cards, which I will keep for the rest of my life as memories of your thoughtfullness)...but a feeling that somebody cared. Just for a second, imagine being in the middle of ground zero of a huge natural disaster and not having anybody to hug. Those cards were my hugs.

I believe our people in Katrina are much higher thought of and loved, and the response will be much greater. Great idea, Bob.

[ September 04, 2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Don Coplen ]

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob...

I am going to have an auction and fund raiser at the Hogtown panel Jam Oct 14-16. If I can find out what items our letterhead friends down there need, we will consider collecting items donated for relief, and driving my van over there after the meet and deliver the goods and whatever cash we raise.

We will need a contact down there...I guess Curtis or Gavin or whoever has time to work with us on it.

This is our little part...and I feel your idea of Letterville as a whole doing something is a good one, so it wouldn't hurt if there were several relief efforts in different regions. IMHO

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,
In a disaster of this size, there have to be a lot of signmen/women affected by it. Some of them will have had some insurance..some with none.
I think your idea is worthwhile to explore. I personally feel for those signmen/women running small shops or home sign businesses who could not afford insurance. First criteria for assistance?
Who are they? How to contact them? How to decide who gets what and how much.
Everyone do an inventory of unused and donateable equipment? Adopt a signman/woman.(Several letterheads adopting a signman/woman, multiplied by multiple groups of adopters?)
First would come the research and the establishment of some sort of database.
Search of libraries surrounding the disaster areas and checking phone book yellow pages to establish some base of info.
THis would be a very worthwhile endeavor for a group of this size to undertake. but it would be a major task to accomplish.
Who do we know already who were in the path of Katrina? Any contact info?
I do not think that being a visitor or resident should play any part in who could be considered for help. Paint stains on the jeans, brushes in a can, vinyl floating outside the shop should be enough to qualify someone for help if this idea becomes a Letterville project.
Just a few thoughts on the idea.

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An additional thought. I'm sure Steve could mine the site database for Letterville members in LA,AL, and Mississippi. That would be a decent start for a database. Contacting those people (Mail, phone, email), if possible could firm up and expand the database. Many of them would know other signmen/women who ar not Letterville regulars, but equally deserving of assistance.

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember...even if they have insurance....it will be months before they can collect anything!

Sign making materials, clotheing, ect would be nice...BUT... money is always the right color and size!

Just my 2˘

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob, I think that is an idea that has probably run through the minds of many & I'm glad you posted it. Sheila also made a similar suggestion HERE & I didn't reply yet in hopes that it would develop further & some of my questions would be answered.

William raised some of the same questions, but some different ones as well. I would want someone to coordinate the fund raising & distribution so we could give to out fellow letterheads without sending to several people... someone else would recieve funds & re-distribute. Of course there would be isues to deal with, but I'm all for it.

When some of us pitched in to help Don, I don't think there were a lot of other letterville "regulars" that were affected as severly (maybe there were... sorry if I'm forgetting anyone) ... but this time I think the 4 or 5 villiagers we all know & love from such a long standing regular presence here are folks I would like to help & visitor/resident status has nothing to do with it... just that they are people I know. I'm sure lots of signshops were damaged, but if Bob or Sheila wants to organize some fundraising for our own lettervillians... I'll match the Red Cross donations I've already notified Mark about.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm struggling with this also. After giving what I can right now, no way is that enough, I see the need is going to be ongoing.

So I am considering to donate a tenth of each invoice for the rest of the year, informing my customers, and encouraging them to think of some way to do it as well.

I am of a mindset to curtail ALL unnecessary spending and driving til this national crisis has found a rudder, therefore I could afford do that.

I am concerned about coming across as self serving to my customers,(do gooder- and some of those other things and words that I get called here), so I have not finalized my thinking.

I just got a call from an unnamed yet very large local charity organization who is getting out of a Su morning meeting on the subject of helping the areas. They are concerned about seeming self serving when they announce what THEY will do, and helping is what they're all about.

Be that as it may, as I read what is considered, I am glad the subject came up.
If we kick ideas around - we'll come up with something - surely.

The best ones I think are simple ones, with little paperwork and bookkeeping, just well organized, clearly directed leadership, and speedy. I think that being fair and equitable, though it is noble, is not the main thing here.

I will always be sorry that when we did the little fundraiser for Don Coplen that some others, similarly affected, were overlooked and only got our prayers. But the flip side is that for a while, at least Don got some help.

And Don: we do love you, and admire you.
Really we do.

I know that you, too, can find a way to help.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don, more people here like you better then me....
SO there...hehehehehehe

[ September 04, 2005, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or me
SO there...hehehehehehe

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not sell fundraising decals to your local markets and donate the proceeds? It's easier to sell a $3-$5 4x6 decal that carries a message and only costs 10 cents in material, than it is to get people just to open their wallets blindly to any random person's cause.

A simple decal that reads "Help Support Katrina Survivors" that people can place on their vehicles will get the message out, and likely get even more people seeking more decals, making fundraising efforts more effective.

[Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great idea - with the outpouring of assistance finally coming into the Gulf Coast, I'd like to be able to help my Letterville neighbors. My wife just went over to a local La Quinta Inn that was written up in the paper this morning as having opened it's rooms to any displaced Katrina victims free of charge. We thought it would be a good idea to gather up clothes and food to donate to this compassionate cause. When she got there, a cop was directing traffic away from the hotel saying they had been inundated with like-minded people since dawn. A Red Cross shelter in South Atlanta had the same problem - people were just dumping stuff in the parking lot, with the beleaguered staff unable to process or store all the good intentions.

Jeff, I like the idea of gathering tools and materials for delivery. Maybe we could get a list of all the donations and let any affected Letterheads pick through and determine what they can use. That way, our help would more or less be detrmined by need.

And of course, Si's right - money always works.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4116 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be nice if we could all get together on a common design for a decal like Mike suggests,... I feel quite certain we all have a scrap vinyl bin we could turn into dollars at local collection cans and provide a common image for unity in our efforts. I personally wouldn't mind putting a couple of hours this week into production of something to help the victoms of this disaster. Just a thought here,...something like the yellow ribbons , a common design that is readily recognizable to raise funds,and give folks who help a way to prod others into the same ideal.

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BINGO Mike... my thoughts exactly!
I want to design a cool quality "Delta Relief" decal & let it be a fund-raising perk for those that donate. I plan to contact the local Red Cross to dovetail my desire to help with something they can be involved in (or something they may already have planned) so the credability is there, & all funds go directly in the hands of Red Cross personnel.

--------------------
Doug Allan

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Great Idea about the decals!

Those who get the file could simply be on an honor system about turning in the money from the sales, and not giving the file away.

Oversight and paperwork needs to be a minimum, we don't have time for that, trust is imperative.

We could maybe have a common list of things we can donate we no longer use or need, and people can just read it and claim them, with some ID as to who they are, and if they really "qualify".

First come, first served, and the giver pays the freight. Most people probably have to re-locate and so forth before they could receive equipment or supplies. Less many might have places that will be up and running without much work, I bet.

Just a thought, probably could be fleshed out to be really workable.

In the beginning, cash is King.

[ September 04, 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Myra Grozinger ]

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course this is a most excellent idea, Bob.

Start an account and start puttin the funds into it. I think there should be one Letterhead relief account and all monies raised by everyone here should be designated for people specifically named to recieve it. It probably should be divided equally among those specifically named, on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

Regardless of whether they have insurance or not.

Some of the claims may not be able to be processed for weeks. Power will not be up for weeks, and weeks upon weeks in most places down there.

I'm most concerned about right this minute...putting some cash in these people's hands, while power is down, and banking is impossible, or delivering something they actually need or can use immediately until they can access other means.

If someone wants to send your cash to me, I'll put it with mine and personally drive down and put it in Curtis AND/OR Gavin's hands if we can arrange to meet up.

I'm goin' crazy sittin' here tryin' to call my family where the phones are still down.
I HOPE to drive over THIS coming weekend, Friday the 9th or Saturday the 10th, will return Saturday or Sunday evening, or sooner...

The ONLY way, the ONLY possiblity of not goin', is if RT, Z, or Cutis tells me it's still too dangerous to be down there alone due to theives.

Have truck-will travel.

NOTICE: Shotgun rider welcome.
(I think I mean that literally)

I would be glad for anyone to go with me if you can get to here to ride. It's only a 3 hour drive to Hattisburg from here, plus another hour to Slidell. (mabye a little longer due to possible detours.) I want to take a generator and as many full gas cans as possible, as well as simple food items, battreies, etc.

Let me know wha'chu wanna do/can do. 334-872-9808

(Unlimited LD> Leave name and number and I WILL call back.)

[ September 04, 2005, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shiela driving into the frey right now is not recommended.

It's best if the people who are there right now are left to handle things as they see fit in order to maintain an organized atmosphere.. well, as organized as it can be right now.

I hear a lot of people who are just turning up at shelters and such all over the country are being turned away simply because the agencies doing the work need to in order to keep confusion to a minimum, to ensure efficient operation.

Too many cooks in the kitchen....

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keep in mind that some of us DONT have printers but we can cut vinyl is there any way we can come up with a design that works for that too?

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started on a design, but checked back here and saw Doug was going to do it.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

I am working on one this afternoon, but was thinking of a Hawaii themed one to encourage local residents to dig deep & contribute as a bit of a thank you for the relief we required after Hurrican INIKI destroyed 14,000 homes 13 years ago.. & a karmic good deed we may need in return some day. Any designs i come up with i will post & the file will be available to anyone who would like it. I would hate to think my feeble efforts at designing something at least superior to a "support" ribbon, would discourage Don or anyone else from also creating consciousness raising images desirable enough to in some small way encourage additional contributions from the population in every corner of Letterville, & the world.

I thought of starting a post encouraging others who may choose to use donated decal design & production to fuel fund raising in their areas, to post those images for inspiration, or possibly for use by others with decal printing capabilities that may have less time or ability to create nice designs, but who could download my file. or any others that could get posted here.

I didn't start that thread because i have not completed a design yet.

while googling for inspiration though I did find this rather cool image:
 -

--------------------
Doug Allan

Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Doug this image has potential, it speaks to me!

This design ought to be really special,so that if one gets an "original" it might be a keepsake, especially if magnetic.

I don't know how that could be done in vinyl alone, and would be too labor intensive, off the top of my head. But surely we can figure ways to get some from our shops who print into those that don't.

I'm thinking of something beautiful,colorful and poignant, the sort of thing people would ask about WHERE DID YoU GET THIS?

And it could be done in a few sizes, magnetic or not, and maybe even on shirts.

So,Don,back to work!

We can have more than one design. They could become collector's items.
This is exciting.

Yet,
if the search for just the right one, or handling many details slow things down, my opinion would be to just go to something simpler. Like in all important things timing and speed are almost everything. When I think how often I missed the right moment for something!

===================================
I thought about posting the following link separately, but it fits in about aid and helping, so you might as well look at it from here.

We have decided to allow the foreign aid, and it is on it's way quite substantially.I am grateful.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usweatherworldaid
==================================

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's get the decals idea rolling as soon as possible. Why not have a few different designs (including one that can be cut in vinyl).

I think many regular customers would also trust me with a higher donation if I'd simply explained what it's all about. If we would all do, that it can bring in some extra funds. However, it would be good to have a simple brochure with info about who we are and what we are doing. It would make it look more official, and all we need is for someone to create a PDF file that we we can all download and print.

Ok, who volunteers to run the relief fund? Let's just do this.

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1966 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

volunteer? where's Bob gone off too now???

--------------------
Doug Allan

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[ September 05, 2005, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Doug I was away for the day yesterday, I'd be more than happy to step up to the plate, I'm looking into a few things on my endI want to be fair, Im thinking of my paypal account to use but I need to see about the fees first.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

lol ...mornin' Bob!
Of course bringing up a good idea doesn't obligate one to implement it, so I was just razzin' ya...

but yeah! If you want to help make a cohesive channel for us... I've got limited info on getting monetary donations to letterheads & would really appreciate being able to lump a donation into one fund that helps several friends.

[ September 05, 2005, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Doug Allan ]

--------------------
Doug Allan

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Any input/ideas on how to word copy on this sticker idea?

--------------------

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

not to discount the fact that donations are pouring in from outside the US, but for the sake of getting some ideas on the table, I thought of:

"Hurricane Relief Fund - From the Heart America to the Heart of the Delta"

--------------------
Doug Allan

Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats great Doug, although we have to consider Letterheads from other countries as well.

So how about the tag line to read...From the Heart of Humanity to the Heart of the Delta

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

even better!!

--------------------
Doug Allan

Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,
Paypal isn't Half bad Idea. IF you set up a second account and have deposited directly to a Relief Fund Account. Most banks will open these for you or free and then just get PayPal certified/Verified(if thats the right term been awhile since I verified my account)Then as we sell or donate monies we can just do it right through Paypal and dont even have to worry about sending a check.

Another question...
I was going to do a Local Public auction of a Gold Leaf Dimensional sign and ALL the proceedes, not profit(around $3000 or so) would go to this fund. But I would be afraid people might be considered this little too self serving/marketing ploy at victims expense. What do you all think.

I will start this on another post.

[ September 05, 2005, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: William DeBekker ]

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Great Idea William,

Tomorrow Morning I plan on going to my bank and opening a Letterhead Relief Fund, this account will have a paypal account attached and will be only for relief funds to help Katrina letterheads. I would like to have at least another letterhead join in with me on this to have a checks and balances thing set up. That way not only one person can control the account.

People will be able to Donate whatever amount they see fit through paypal of through snail mail. Funds can then be sent out evenly as needed or as available. Just remember if every registered person here donated 5 dollars we'd be able to make a huge impact.

Stay tuned for more info.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

It's great to see this idea being acted upon. Bob, I would offer any assistance that would help. If someone in your area volunteers, maybe that would be better, if not I'm available.

--------------------
Doug Allan

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,
Let me know if I can do anything to help you. I work from home so I have a fair amount of free time. Just get in touch with me and tell me what you need.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill,
As this weekend has gone by, there were some people who did ask for cards. I signed each and added a "K" to the backs of them all. Anyone who should come in later as a result of contact made this weekend only needs to mention the card and 10% of the work I produce at a later date will be donated to the Red Cross when completed. Several were looking for realistic flames on their bikes, and that would add up to a good chunk.
Just one way to get past any conflict about the promotion that will happen.

Bob, By chance the guy at "Sign Logic" in Hudson came walking by today. Small world, huh.
I pointed him in the direction of this post. Expect a call.

Any thing I can do to help...you know where to find me.
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This so cool!!!! [Applause]

A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Remember...even if they have insurance....it will be months before they can collect anything!
Insurance is good and it will be a long time before they pay , and,
there is a huge deductable and discounted payments due to hurricanes.

I am not sure but ,, my deductable is around $3,000 pus the normal deductable plus the discount. which is and additinal 5% or some number like that.
So, if a claim is $5,000 take out $3 grand plus an additional 5%. Thats whats left.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!