Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » I finally topped Sawatzky!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I finally topped Sawatzky!
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan's got way more talent than me, he has a much cooler job and a router coming, but...

This spring, I'll have twice as many grandkids!

My wife said I'll have to love this one as much as little David and I told her: "The nice thing about love is that it doesn't get divided, it multiplies."

Now, Chapman needs to have another hand lettering workshop for me to miss!

Subject edited to spell Dan's last name correctly. I'll bet he can spell Harding right the first time.

[ August 29, 2005, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: David Harding ]

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Dave!

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David

Congratualtions on the second grandchild!

And two grandchildren is certainly twice as many as I CURRENTLY have to be sure. I do hear some talk of anther one in the planning stages though, so enjoy your exalted status WHILE IT LASTS. [Smile]

But all that being said... I will still argue that little Phoebe IS the CUTEST grandchild in the world!

Picture proof to follow....

-grampa dan

[ August 29, 2005, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a bunch of rookies. I still have more grandchildren than both of you combined. And all of them are good looking kids.

David - I've been giving hand lettering demonstrations all summer and have not seen you at any of them. One was even in Fort Worth - your back door.

Just face it Harding, you're never going to amount to anything. You will never be complete until you learn to hand letter, and it just doesn't seem to be in the stars for you. Better check to see the job availability at Wal-Mart.

Is it just me or is anyone else tired of hearing about Sawatzky's flat bed router? I hope they send him a left handed one.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raymond,

I saw you in Fort Worth. You were leaving as I was coming in. I noticed you purposely scheduled your hand lettering demo for when I wouldn't be there.

Next time I'm at Wal-Mart looking for left handed lettering brushes, I'll ask for a job.

At least Sawatzky's not talking about his PLASMA CUTTER right now!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Chavez
Visitor
Member # 2146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Chavez   Email Rick Chavez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 3 grandkids, what do I win. The only advantage I see so far is when they soil thier daipers, I can hand them off to mommy and daddy.

--------------------
Rick Chavez
Hemet, CA

Posts: 1538 | From: Hemet,CA U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ERnie and I will be grandparents in Feburary- about the time of our 30th anniversary and about our daughter/son-in-laws 2nd anniversary.

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having a new router and plasma cutter are pretty cool... bordering on outrageous. Combined whith the new shop it's OVER THE TOP! I enjoy the PLASMA CUTTER immensely. And I suspect the new ROUTER will be WAY more fun than the plasma cutter! (It better be at 10 times the price!)

But I will happily put those fun tools aside in a heartbeat and scrub up to hold Phoebe, even for a few minutes.

I suspect from your post Raymond that you haven't come to terms with the router folks yet on your new router... ? Did I mention ours is being delivered this FRIDAY??? [Smile]

Diane... you are going to LOVE being a grandma!!!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have you all beat. I have a 14 year old grandson and I just turned 50!

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats David!

Yeah, this router tale is getting old. I hope they send him one that only does squiggly lines.
Then again...Sawatzky is probably already figuring out how to make it do that. [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's okay Dan,at least they'll never out walk you...and I know they wouldn't break into a run after walking 10 miles. And I bet they don't have your sense of direction. [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bob .. figure this one ...

My brother (52) has a new 3 month y/o daughter and she's younger than my brother's oldest grandson who is the same age a my brother's youngest son [Smile]

PS: Don't ask me how many kids he's got ... I lost count years ago!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray MacDonald
Visitor
Member # 3558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murray MacDonald   Email Murray MacDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, yer all blowin' wind! I have 5 GK's AND a Great Grandson, and I'm still a pup. Go ahead, play catch up. I don't have a plasma cutter or a flat bed router, tho'. Dang!
MUR

--------------------
Murray MacDonald
OldTime Signs
529 Third Ave S
Kenora, ON.
P9N 1Y3
oldtimesigns@gokenora.com

Posts: 781 | From: Kenora, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roland Pinan
Visitor
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roland Pinan   Author's Homepage   Email Roland Pinan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seven grandchildren so far;Do I get the prize? Dan I have some interest in a plasma cutter already have a router.I need to know what to buy and how much? pinanc@aol.com or my website cobradesigns.com

--------------------
Cobra Pinstriping & Signs
907 E Skagway Ave
Tampa, FL 33604-1747
(813) 933-9096

Posts: 46 | From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Roland gets a plasma cutter he will be the winner so far... [Smile]

I have a Miller Spectrum 625 plasma cutter and it works extremely well for our needs.

I still have the cutest granddaughter however. Pictures to follow. [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!