Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » My Website and Jibjabbin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Website and Jibjabbin
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well folks, I finally got myself a website! www.stevo-design.com

Last Sunday I got an e-mail from JibJab.com wanting to know if I was interested in doing design work for there new cartoon launch. Needless to say but YEAH!

Apparently they seen my work on the Letterhead Fonts site. What they did was "google" my name and it brought them here and then they emailed me. They offered to put a link to my website on the front page that routinely get millions of hits a day! www.jibjab.com Plus they just launched the cartoon on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night.

So I had to scramble to get my site up. I pretty much had about 2 and a half days to get my domain name, hosting and design all the graphics for it while still doing clients work. I'm pretty lucky having two friends that build web sites and do graphic design for a living. They were pretty excited about all of this and offered to help me out with it.

The site itself is pretty simple for the time being ,we had a deadline of 11:40est on Wednesday night and I had started designing it on Tuesday. So after a sleepless night or two we pulled it off and it was up and ready for the launching of the Jibjab cartoon.

I'll be adding descriptions, more images and text soon, but for now I wanted it to be reallly clean looking.
Out of just basic curiosity we put a counter on it to see how much traffic I am going to be getting.

I'm open to suggestions for when I'm updating it next.

I'd like to thank Adam and Christian Still of Maverick , House of Design for helping me out!
www.maverickdesign.ca

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Nice Stevo!! I love it man....Keep on keepin on!!!!!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oof! No?

me

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jen Goodwin
Visitor
Member # 3757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jen Goodwin   Author's Homepage   Email Jen Goodwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Nice Stevo!

--------------------
Jen Goodwin
Goodwin Glass & Graphics
Hampden, Maine 04444

Posts: 44 | From: Hampden, Maine | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it.
It is so uncluttered, yet it is really vibrant.
I can't believe you pulled that off in 2 days Babe.
The only thing I think I'd add is that on the "About Me" part you need to say you done gradumacated from design school.
Mom even stayed up to watch Leno last night!
I'm very proud of you, and I'm your biggest groupie! I even knew you before you were a Big Shot.
Love You....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janet Bakewell
Visitor
Member # 725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janet Bakewell   Author's Homepage   Email Janet Bakewell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great site, Stevo! Love the whole design!

--------------------
Janet Bakewell
One Sun Grafiks Inc.
Slave Lake, AB Canada
www.onesungrafiks.com

Posts: 128 | From: Slave Lake, AB Canada | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful! The website is a winner, and the work showcased is terrific!

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Racz
Visitor
Member # 4376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Racz   Email Steve Racz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's amazing work for 2 or 20 days Stevo! I really like the fact that you just mouse-over the thumbnails and the large image appears. Isn't it amazing how lazy we are getting - not having to do that extra mouse click... [Smile]

Very cool news about Jib-Jab too - you are going to be too busy but that's a good problem to have!

Thanks,
Steve

--------------------
Steve Racz
Racz's Handcarved Signs

Posts: 1078 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice story Stevo. Things are looking up eh?
Very nice site.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay! - How cool is THAT?!?!?

Great site Stevo - you are too talented.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Philip Steffen
Visitor
Member # 2235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Philip Steffen   Email Philip Steffen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stevo- The first impression I got on the website was of a superhero- like this
 -

but only better. It looks like your lair.

...Man! I always wanted a lair.

--------------------
Phil Steffen,
29 Van Rensselaer St
City of Saratoga Springs DPW
Saratoga Springs NY 12866

Posts: 563 | From: beautiful Saratoga Springs NY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stevo, your web site is awesome.

Your work is just spectacular.

The only other person I can think of that has a style like yours, is Dan Antonelli,...and I mean that as a most sincere compliment.

Good to hear this news.

Peace out,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1875 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Steve! Nice variety, and terrific execution. [Applause]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4352 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a terrific site. Mucho good.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Stevo, congratulations too.
Hittin' the big time!

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talisman
Visitor
Member # 1869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talisman   Author's Homepage   Email Talisman       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SLICK! With class!

Good Luck Stevo

--------------------
Joe Abner
Talisman Signs
Middleboro, MA

"We are limited only by our perception of our abilities."

Posts: 445 | From: Middleboro, Ma USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops.

[ April 22, 2005, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Alan Ackerson ]

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O U T S T A N D I N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clean AND stylish [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4321 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, Stevo!

Eeny teeny thing to fix when you work on it next time would be the spelling of Saskatchewan on the About page.

Best of luck to you.
[Applause] [Smile]

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1966 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice Stevo - I saw lots of stuff I'm planning to plagiarize......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool Stevo...hope it brings a lot of GOOD clients your way.....I too am feeling inspired enough now to get after my own web page!

Take care,

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed...super job!

And I agree with Lotti...move someplace easier to spell!

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, no smoke blowing needed for you! You do great work and it is cool to know you. Can't wait to start tipping those IC's, dude!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please ad me to your list of peaple that use your services becouse I plan on stealing a few things from your site!!!!! Dude I am speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!! That says alot!!!!

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

I highjacked Letterville!!
Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic work Stevo!!!!!!
The only thing I could see that you could add would be the picture of the panel that you haven't finished yet for me.

Seriously, Great site.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just fantastic, Stevo- can't begin to imagine what you would have done if you'd had more time! Passing over some of the buttons didn't seem to work in viewing the larger images- probably just my machine (or defective operator...)

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's to tweek?!? I love it! Love the pic of you too man. [Wink]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the comments folks!
No critiques??
I discussed a couple things with my web guys last night. I'll be adding a "contact" page with my address and phone number, I kind of don't like when you click on contact it launches your email. And I'll be reworking the top header in the sections abit and maybe have the home button a little more dominant so it's easier to find.

I'll have a few more links put up and some more images in a couple of the sections, spell Saskatchewan correctly and add some more muscles to my pic. [Smile]

Looks like I'm getting quite a few hits on it. We're going to see if we can look into where all these hits are coming from. Should be interesting.

Catherine, you couldnt see the pics at all? Just the thumbnails?

We're throwing a few ideas around for the future of possibly selling some t-shirts and art. Lots of possibilties now! I'm digging it.

Thanks again!

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SWEET

Very nice, clean, presents the work well.

Not a critique but a green double line (like the ones up top but closer and maybe 75% width of those) under the pictures/ above the copyright thing ... might look cool

--------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic, Anti-social and Paranoid ... but basically Happy

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David McDonald
Visitor
Member # 3433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David McDonald   Email David McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Great work! Great website!

Make sure you add some meta tags (site description, keywords etc.) to your web pages BEFORE you get on any search engines. Elsewise the link to your wonderful site will be descriptionless and keywordless.

--------------------
David McDonald
Palm Harbor Florida USA

david@dlmcdonald.com

Posts: 102 | From: Palm Harbor FL | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Neurohr   Email Mark Neurohr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it Stevo!!

Real clean and uncluttered. I bookmarked it to watch your progress.

BTW, your Kartoons are KILLER!

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Posts: 992 | From: Kittanning, Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it too Stevo. Stylish and classy...hey, those are some nice signs!!! [Wink] Can't wait to see them painted...ha ha ha.

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Antonelli
Resident

Member # 86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Antonelli   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Antonelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attaboy Steve--

Nice showcase of work--- but it left me wanting to see much more!!

ONly comment is take the hit counter off the home page - use your stats to check but don't publicize hits to the general public.

Nice work on the disjoints -- its the only way to go!

--------------------
Dan Antonelli
Graphic D-Signs, Inc.
279 Route 31 South • Suite 4
Washington, NJ
www.graphicd-signs.com
dan@graphicd-signs.com

"Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies. But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be." - Rush

Posts: 1192 | From: Washington, NJ | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LIKE IT, Stevo!

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man Stevo, that is just like I would have done it. That is one beautiful website with some incredible work. You are D Man!

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!