Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » lighted signface pricing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lighted signface pricing
Christy Griffith
Visitor
Member # 4583

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Christy Griffith   Email Christy Griffith       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all...

I have a customer with some 5' x 10' sign faces that he wants re-lettered. He is removing the existing vinyl. I am using translucent vinyl and installing the signs. How would you price this on existing faces in an existing cabinet?

Oh and it is a 3 color simple logo.

Thanks Again,

Christy

--------------------
Christy Griffith
C Graphics
artistaboxers@aol.com

Posts: 26 | From: Meridian, ID | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christy,
First of all, let me say that 5x10 faces will be quite an installation job. It is not for the faint of heart.
Also, be aware of the way the signs were in the boxes originally, so you are placing the graphics on the correct side. 5x10's "should" have hanger bars attached at the top. They will only fit in the tracks one way. If there are two faces side by side, make sure you put the correct faces together so the screw holes match.

Another thing, there have been some horror stories here about certain problems with adhesion after a customer "removed the letters himself". It may be wise to have him sign a waiver.
Make sure you know whether it is Lexan or Plexi. It will make a difference in the solvents you may and may not use. It may be too late if the customer has already ruined the faces himself. Another good reason for a waiver - you won't take the blame.

As far as quoting... my brain's not there right now, sorry. Someone else will come along soon.

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs
Gettysburg PA 17325 717-334-0200
genegolden@gettysburgsigns.com

"Art is knowing when to stop."

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denis E. Renaud
Visitor
Member # 4610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denis E. Renaud   Author's Homepage   Email Denis E. Renaud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$15 sq.ft.--$750 per faces plus install.(install can vary alot upon location and method!)That is what I charge for doing up faces up yo 4 color translucent.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Denis Renaud
EXIT66 Signs & Graphics
Caselman, ON Can.
denis@exit66.ca

Posts: 84 | From: Casselman, On. Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!