Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Gerstner boxes on sale at Sears

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gerstner boxes on sale at Sears
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I just found this on Sears website, its a Clearance(yes I fixed it Doug) sale so it wont last long

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00939929000

[ January 10, 2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Harris Kohen ]

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think someone once posted a pic of a sign here with a "clearnace sale"... wonder what that is? [Smile]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, Kimberly shot this pic last year:
 -

--------------------
Doug Allan

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahaha...

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

you were right when you said it "won't last long"

...nice boxes by the way. That is a great price. Those are almost just like the boxes Pat King posted on that other "box" thread aren't they?

--------------------
Doug Allan

Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug,
Same company - economy model.

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Sheflo
Visitor
Member # 3608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Sheflo   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Sheflo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the Gerstner Web Site for some extremely nice boxes. A nice maple one in the close out section that might work for some.

Mark

--------------------
Mark Sheflo
Renton, Washington
A-Squared Signs, LLC

Posts: 145 | From: Renton, Washington | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an old gerstner machinist case I use as a sign kit,...I got it at a flea mrkt. in 1988 for $75. Well I checked up a little with gerstner and the last time they made that model was in 1927,...Lets see thats at least 75 years old,....and still in use,....now thats what I call quality.

edited to change the date to be more exact and to mention you can pick up on a used one and or a union machinist case if you do a search for machinist case on ebay.

[ January 11, 2005, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: timi NC ]

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a model of a Gerstner, that was passed
down to me from a former father in law. A gift
to use as I was passing from machinist to a
tool maker in Indianapolis, at RCA home
instruments. Still have it and it now looks like
a war veteran. Has a piece of rope for a handle,
all the hinges need replaced, the corner metal
pieces have fallen away and so on. but it now
serves as my brush box for my fine art action
these days. I may donate it to the pinstripers
Hall of Fame along with a mess O' panels.

CrazsyJack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Doug,it is one of those Gerster type boxes I use for my BRUSHES/ECT.
somewhat pricey,yet very durable and professional looking
MINE is Oak with BRASS Hardware

[ January 11, 2005, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: PKing ]

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!