Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Thank You and an update ( Sorry...its lengthy)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thank You and an update ( Sorry...its lengthy)
Sam Sanfilippo
Resident

Member # 425

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Sam Sanfilippo   Email Sam Sanfilippo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks, thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate what you've shown. I wish to publicly thank my loving wife for keeping you folks apprised as well. I am proud and blessed to have her by my side.

Here's the skinny on what happened ( how it happened is yet to be explained ) I contracted a bacteria called Nocardia in my right arm. Here's a link to a med page...http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000679.htm....Anyway, it hit about the last of November as a small fissure, what I thought may have been a bug or spider bite and over a period of days progressed up my arm to my armpit. As I've found, it was nothing to take lightly. Most of the time I just blow this stuff of and figure it'll go away in a day or two, so why go to the doc?
Not anymore. Once my right arm was swollen nearly 3 times it's size and the lymph nodes were so tender they couldn't be touched, I figured it was time to do something. A trip to the hospital in Pensacola, FL was first..( I was at a race, naturally ) and noting they did seemed to help. Once I got back to Birmingham, I went to the Hospital and was immediately admitted. I had about every test run imaginable, including Hepatitis, HIV, Lukemia, Cancer and my immune system was fine..Blood work was good...Everything checked out fine but I was getting worse and this was in my bloodstream by now. Needless to say I was terrified of what was happening. Two surgeries to install 6 drains in my arm, and two weeks later I was released. I have at least 6 months of 4 a day antibiotics to go. It has pretty much zapped me of strength, but I'm working to get back in the swing of things. I have to...I have a hell of a hospital bill.
I'm indeed fortunate to see 2005 arrive. Once again I just wish to say thanks to you all. [Thanks]

[ December 30, 2004, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Sam Sanfilippo ]

--------------------
Skidmore Sign Co.
3806 1st Avenue North
Birmingham AL 35222
205-251-6049

Skidmore Signs - Facebook

"Success always occurs in private, but failure in full view."

A proud Resident of this site. Join us here...http//www.letterhead.com/residents

Posts: 281 | From: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sam....glad to see that you are still with us!

Nocardia is mean stuff!

With all those antibiotics...be careful of what you eat! It will kill off most of the enzymes and bacteria in your digestive system. Some foods will give you unpleasant after effects.

Now is not the time to rush back into full time work...slowly increase your workload, as your body heals and regains strength.

[Group Hug]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear from you Sam.
I pray that you are on the mend.
What an ordeal for you.
Please take it slow and let yourself heal.
My heart goes out to you and your family.
Love....Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome back Sam!
Take care now (& replenish the "good" bacteria that are also getting zapped right now)

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you're back home, Sam.

Don't rush back full time too quick. That hospital bill can wait. If you start back too quick, and get down again, you could add to the bills, and lessen the chance of paying them back.

Still sending thoughts and prayers in your direction.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2281 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya coulda called me and i woulda went to the hospital with ya.....glad yer better....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear Sam. I was just wondering yesterday how you were doing. Good news, Good news.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow Sam, I'm sure glad that you are on the road back to good health. Scary stuff.

Best wishes to you in the New Year!

Nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam,

Glad to hear you are recovering! Ahhhh, the power of prayer... or is it cheese? I'll settle for both. [Smile]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear from you Sam! You have been thru a lot of scary stuff so take it easy while you are healing. We will continue to keep you and your family in our thougths and prayers.
Judy & Roger

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R T Thomas
Resident

Member # 355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R T Thomas   Email R T Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Sam.........sorry to hear about that man. I knew you were not well, but I didn't realize the extent of it I guess. Hang in there man and get well, just take your time.

Good to see ya here,

R.T.

--------------------
R.T.Thomas,AirDesigns/Sign And Airbrush Studio
rtart1@earthlink.net

Hattiesburg,MS 39401
Shop 601-584-1000
Cell 601-310-5901
Proud supporter of LETTERVILLE!

"Ahhhhhh.......Juicy Fruit."

Posts: 547 | From: Hattiesburg,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Pike is worried about you too! Call him

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you're recovering, but like you've been told don't rush back into work.

Look on the bright side, at least after all those tests, they didn't tell you that you were pregnant! [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!