Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Calling Cheryl Lucas ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calling Cheryl Lucas ...
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Shag!! Have you heard from Don lately?

Is he hangin in? Is he OK?

I haven't heard anything about him in a couple of months, it seems.

Any info would be appreciated and if you are in contact with him let him know that at least one person, if not a whole bunch, are interested in how he's getting along.

Thanks Cher...

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8883 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Dave
Talked to Cheryle the other day,even ask about Don
Seems OK yet lives in Naples Now!

I Have BOTH thier phone# and will try to hook ya'll up.

Hope this helps

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl Lucas
Visitor
Member # 1656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl Lucas   Email Cheryl Lucas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

Funny you should ask. I almost started a thread yesterday, asking if anyone had heard from Don.

I've phoned him twice within the past month. No answer, so I left a message on a recording device. He, hasn't returned either of my calls.

Pat, I didn't know Don had moved to Naples. (?) Hmmmmmmm? Last I seen him, he was still living in Port Charlotte, in FEMA housing and hitting the pavement, looking for employment.

If anyone DOES hear from Don, please let him know that I have a rather important looking parcel of his. (mail) Appears, it could be good news and something he needs.

Cher.

--------------------
Co-Host:
SANDCASTLE Panel Jam
'a Dixie Letterhead Reunion'
Fort Myers, Florida

Cheryl Lucas a/k/a "Shag" on mIRC
Vital Signs & Graphics, Etc.
Cape Coral, Florida
239-574-4713
VSignsNgraphics@aol.com

Posts: 987 | From: Cape Coral, FL USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Pat and Cher. I hope he is surviving OK.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8883 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to Don once since the disasters, to Cheryl a couple of times. I got the impression from Don that he needed a new computer. Besides losing everything else. He created the Palm Trilogy for us with his computer. We could replace that for him, there are many of us, and with 10 dollars each it would bring him back better than ever and I would be glad to gather and disperse.
I am surmising this, I don't know how many of us would send 10 bucks for Don and a computer. It ought to be a non- brainer, there are many of us, and we could accomplish this.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Moss
Visitor
Member # 4295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Moss   Email Kent Moss       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Myra...I can see you'r heart thur you'r eyes.

Here is my $10. ready to mail,just need your street address.

Such a great way to help a fellow letterhead.

--------------------
Kent Moss
Greg Moss Signs

Posts: 363 | From: Wilbraham, MA / Charleston,SC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,
Don't know Don or the whole story. But if there is a member of the group out there that needs a leg up, my ten bucks is ready to be sent also.

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well alright!
My post got some nice responses - with action to boot.
I guess first we find Don, to have him back, and to see if he would still be helped with a computer.
Don lost pretty much everything in the first of the hurricanes, as I understood it. When I talked to him I was so shocked that I spaced some of the details.

I'll be happy to gather checks now even before we find him, and then we'll have a surprise for him.
Ten bucks, less than a plotter blade costs - or a pint of one-shot. We won't miss it, and added up it could assist him to get on his feet again.

My address is 137 Gloria Ave. Winston-Salem, NC 27127

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Myra, Sounds like a beautiful idea but don't forget that Don will only work on MACs.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Myra,
Make the check out to you so you can bank itfor him, or to Don ?????? so he can cash it?

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Make them out to Don Coplen, I will save them. That way I am out of the picture, and no "accounting" is necessary. I am a lousy secretary.
And yes, I know Don works on a Mac. I hope we can gather enough bucks so he can chose what he needs and wants.
Go- Letterheads.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

Mark Smith

Member # 298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My $10 is on the way!

--------------------
Best Regards,
Mark Smith
EstiMate Sign Pricing Software
It's Not Luck. It's EstiMate.™
http://www.EstiMateSoftware.com
1-888-304-3300

Posts: 724 | From: Asheville, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...I think Don bought a new MAC laptop just recently. And, hopefully he was able to keep it from drowning in the storms.

...He may need other things beside a new 'puter....however.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don stayed with me during the Hogtown Panel Jam, and he said he was in fact computerless, having lost all but a few personal items in Hurricane Charley, and was living in a FEMA trailer that he could not stand up in. He said he couldn't even get a phone line where they had him staying.

I am also interested in his well being at this point in time, as he seemed a little down. Something that bad tends to do that to you. I'm sure a little financial help might rejuvenate his spirits as far as getting back online, but he needs to locate where he can get a phone first, if he hasn't gotten one already.

If he wants to come up to Gainesville for awhile he can stay here, it'd be the least I can do. But I believe he prefers to rise from the ashes so to speak, right where he is.

I'm sending ten bucks, but it seems so little.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Jeff, thanks for the update, and I, too, confirm that Don was quite disspirited - understandably depressed.
Thanks for the promise of the money, and yes, it seems little.
Which was the point I tried to make by comparing it to small items we use in the trade.
The beauty of little gifts is that when they are small enough so that practically all of us could make one, they compound to something that could be called REAL HELP.

So, last time, I want to encourage everyone to do something very small. Together we can suruprise and assist a person who is "down", and contribute to that he is not also "out".

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just talked to Don on the phone!

He is alive and well!

Still living in the mobile home that he keeps bumping his head in (6'6' ceiling ... and Don is 6'8").

He cannot get a land line phone where he is, so access to the internet involves going to the library, but for some reason, he cannot log on to post.Using a cell phone for internet is too expensive for him, at present.

Don has not found a job yet, but does an occasional free lance job. He has bought a used Mac, and is making payments on it. (I am sure he can use help on those payments!!!)

His snail mail address is :

Don Coplen
21531 Meehan Avenue
Port Charlotte, FL 33952

I am sure he will be glad to hear form other Letterheads!

[For Your Information]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Great, Si!
With an address now we don't need me as a middle woman.
I had forgotten about that he can't stand up in his trailer. Imagine not being able to walk upright in your own home.

Anyway. I don't need to be in this any more.

Any check that comes my way will be immediately sent to Don. And I am so glad you told us you talked to him, so we know Don has been found.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!