Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Signs by Sam in the hospital

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Signs by Sam in the hospital
Terry Sanfilippo
Visitor
Member # 450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Sanfilippo   Email Terry Sanfilippo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all-
In case I haven't met alot of you I'm Sammy's wife, Terry. He has been in the hospital here in Birmingham since Monday. Without grossing anyone out or making Sammy uncomfortable, I will just say he has cellulitis (infection of the skin and soft tissue) in his right arm and had surgery today. He's not feeling very well but we hope he'll get to come home Sunday or Monday. Please keep us in your prayers. He's not really up to phone calls but I'll check this often and give him your well wishes. Thank you!

Posts: 4 | From: Pinson,AL USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope he's feeling better soon.

Does the hospital there use the standard test for discharging patients? When you're well enough that you can actually taste the food & it grosses you out, you're well enough to go home. [Wink]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishes of speedy recovery here! Sounds like he's got a great wife, and support system!
Good luck, have a blessed holiday.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R T Thomas
Resident

Member # 355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R T Thomas   Email R T Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Terry,

Tell Sam to get outta there!!

Well, tell him at least we hope he does OK and can get outta there soon. Keep us posted!

R.T.

--------------------
R.T.Thomas,AirDesigns/Sign And Airbrush Studio
rtart1@earthlink.net

Hattiesburg,MS 39401
Shop 601-584-1000
Cell 601-310-5901
Proud supporter of LETTERVILLE!

"Ahhhhhh.......Juicy Fruit."

Posts: 547 | From: Hattiesburg,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell Sammy to get well and I'll let him stripe my new van (he pinstripped my Buick Regal at Troy Haas's meet).

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get well soon Sam...we want to see you at more meets!

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Terry,

Really hate to hear this. Tell Sam to get out of there soon. Anthony doesn't need to have to run the store all by himself during the Christmas rush. [Wink]

Thoughts and prayers headed your way from beautiful "downtown" Utica, KY.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2275 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wishing Sam a speedy recovery!
Helluva way to get out of Christmas shopping!

hugs,
Nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Winebarger
Visitor
Member # 154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Winebarger   Email Gary Winebarger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry

I know your pain. I have had cellulitis in my right leg on two occasions. Both times I have been able to defeat it with antibiotics. Curious as to what type of surgery was done for it.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

--------------------
Gary Winebarger
Art & Sign
Conover, NC

Posts: 88 | From: Conover, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell Sam to get well soon and don't worry, they will kick his as* out as soon as his insurance company tells them to.

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here I was just thinking about Sam the other day, and how we hadnt talked in awhile. Tell him to get better quick Terry. We'll keep him in our prayers.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't sound like fun! I hope he's on the mend and feeling better soon.

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get well quick my friend.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4321 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Sanfilippo
Visitor
Member # 450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Sanfilippo   Email Terry Sanfilippo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all so much! I read these to Sammy awhile ago and it kinda sorta cheered him up a little. He had surgery yesterday to open up the infection and put a couple of drains in and he's not feeling too good today so all of your well wishes helped! Keep us in your prayers!
Posts: 4 | From: Pinson,AL USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing with us Terry, and tell Sam to HURRY UP AND GET WELL!

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2376 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl Lucas
Visitor
Member # 1656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl Lucas   Email Cheryl Lucas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Terry,

Thanks for giving us the heads up on Sam and please keep us posted on his recovery.

Ironic, another of my friends is currently in the hospital being treated for cellulitis. (both legs) With no insurance and no serious surface wounds, he let it go too long and consequently, his recovery is slow.

Please tell Sam, things will get better soon...

Cher.

--------------------
Co-Host:
SANDCASTLE Panel Jam
'a Dixie Letterhead Reunion'
Fort Myers, Florida

Cheryl Lucas a/k/a "Shag" on mIRC
Vital Signs & Graphics, Etc.
Cape Coral, Florida
239-574-4713
VSignsNgraphics@aol.com

Posts: 987 | From: Cape Coral, FL USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably why he didnt make the pensacola SNOWBALL DERBY.....if hes here he usually calls me. tell him i said get well

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernice Tornquist
Resident

Member # 16

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernice Tornquist   Email Bernice Tornquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, send greetings and best wishes for good health to Sam. Met him at Mazeppa...thought he was/is a very decent fellow. Must have been because he agreed with me (on something, can't remember what it was)...haha

Prayers are out for you, Sam!

--------------------
Bernice Tornquist
Bernice's Signs & Graphics
Box 1799, Nipawin, SK
S0E 1E0 Canada

Posts: 676 | From: Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh man Sam, hate to hear your down bro, it sucks being down. I can sort of relate to your situation, I must of pulled a tendon or one of those things that hold your shoulder together and I can not operate as well, actually I feel one armed. Hope you get better, remember "would you like some salt, no mamn, Salsa is what I would like?" take it easy amigo...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry,thanks for letting us know about Sam. Hope he is on the mend and will recover quickly. We will keep Sam and your family in our prayers.
Judy & Roger

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are hoping you have a speedy recovery!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT?
Talked to Mike Pike at Aluma Panel yesterday!
(must not have known) when I ask About ya'll

Bobbie and I will be PRAYING for the entire Family

Pat and Bobbie King

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam,
Hope you're up and painting soon.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at Mazeppa but I didn't meet Sam.
Maybe I will get to after he recovers and goes to Mazeppa this summer!
That has to be a sign person's worst nightmare.
Hope he heals quickly and is good as new.
Love....jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Sanfilippo
Visitor
Member # 450

Thank you all so much!
Your well wishes are helping me keep my sanity! It's been really hard trying to work, take care of Christmas, run the kid taxi and all that goes along with being parents.

Pat, I got your message, will call you Monday (hopefully). Joe a.k.a Old Paint- all this started 2 weeks ago in Pensacola-he went to the hospital twice while there (clueless wonders abound in Pensacola).

Sammy is having surgery again tomorrow (Monday). We are hoping and praying that this will be it and he'll get to come home soon. He does not have a staph infection which we are so thankful for but it is a funky rare bacteria that lives in soil/outside dust. We assume he got it through a small bump on his wrist and when he and Anthony were cleaning up the yard/leaves for the Christmas decorations he somehow got infected. It is quite the mystery!

Thank you all again! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and continue to keep our family in your thoughts!

Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Terry! I think I remember that you are a nurse, right? I'm sure that Sammy will recover sooner because of your care. I hate to hear of his (and your) suffering. Sammy's such a good person. I think I remember telling him to take it easy reciently- guess he has no choice now! Tell him I'm praying for him (and you too!)Thanks for keeping us informed. -Nancie

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy chatham
Resident

Member # 525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy chatham   Email jimmy chatham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wishing you a speedy
recovery my friend.

--------------------
Jimmy Chatham
Chatham Signs
468 stark st
Commerce, Ga 30529

Posts: 1766 | From: Commerce, GA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rod Tickle
Visitor
Member # 575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rod Tickle   Author's Homepage   Email Rod Tickle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'day Terry, Please pass on my best wishes to Sam. Not sure if he remembers me but I met him at Duck Soup meet in Alabama a few years back and he signed my work box.

All the best Sam and have a speeedy recovery!

Cheers from Australia mate!

Rod Tickle

--------------------
Rod from,
EAST COAST AIRBRUSHING
"Airbrush Art & Graphics"
Nambour; Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Australia
E.mail: rod@rodticklesigns.com
Web:
www.rodticklesigns.com

Posts: 635 | From: Nambour, Sunshine Coast, Queensland | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any more news on Sam?

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Elliott
Resident

Member # 1262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Elliott   Email Chris Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, I really enjoyed meeting Sam & Anthony at Mark Fair's Dixie Meet in 1999 which was my first meet.
 -

I hope Sam has a speedy recovery!! Tell him & Anthony both that I said "Howdy"! [Wink]

--------------------
Chris Elliott
1longshot@classicnet.net
cell 62084two2232

Posts: 686 | From: Scottsdale, AZ & Anthony, KS, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE keep us updated on his recovery!

Bobbie and I are praying for YOU and the kids.

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get better soon Sam!!!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well wishes going to Sam and family from the Campbells.

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!