Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » National Letterhead Meet 2006

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: National Letterhead Meet 2006
Tod Swormstedt
Visitor
Member # 2017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tod Swormstedt   Author's Homepage   Email Tod Swormstedt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If no one has any objections, Signs of the Times together with the Amerian Sign Museum would like to host the 2006 national meet in Cincinnati. It would coincide with the 100th anniversary of the magazine (since May, 1906). Many will remember that we held it at the Cincinnati Zoo, trying to make it a family-oriented event where it could be a vacation with plenty for the kids, etc. to do.
We had good feedback about the meet, so we're thinking to go back to the zoo with maybe a theme of "It's a Zoo II," or "It's All Happening at the Zoo II" (apologies to Simon and Garfunkel . . . again)or something to that effect. Timeframe would probably be July or August. What do y'all think?

--------------------
Tod Swormstedt
American Sign Museum
407 Gilbert Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45202
ph 800-925-1110, ext 336
fx 513-421-5144

Posts: 35 | From: Cincinnati, OH USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tod,
I AM THERE!
Woo Hoo! The Zoo!
It was my first meet and I've been hopelessly addicted ever since! And it's so close too!
(I prefer mid-August due to our back-to-school being around the 25th, but July is good too!)
If you need any help, just ask.
Can't wait!
If it's anywhere near as fun as the first one, it will be fantastic!
Love....Jill [Applause]

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See what happens when I DON'T move to Cincinnati? Sounds like a great idea...we'll be there unless something major happens. I still have my dad's t-shirt from the '94 meet at the Zoo.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds Great.. We will be there.. Have the meet bug again. Theme Song "The Zoo" by Scorpions.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo, how 'bout you you you?
You can come too too too, we're going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo!

- Peter, Paul & Mommy c. 1969

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH NO!
Now I have an ear worm!
I FINALLY got that damn song outta my head after 10 years....
hahahahaha
love....Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good time....yeah, july or early august would work best for me......if there's a way to pull it off, I'll be there for sure.

My vote goes to the Scorpions version....great tune!

"Meet Me at the ZOO TOO"

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Todd! great! i will be there to help you.let's do something together for Mazeppa in 2005 to help promote it!
I missed the Zoo last time, so I can't wait!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Thomas Greer
Resident

Member # 4566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Thomas Greer   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Thomas Greer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be there! The Zoo sure sounds like a cool idea! I am sure it will inspir alot of cartooned animals from this Guy! I have been drawing alot of cuties animals since the new little package came along so......

I am there!

--------------------
Steve Thomas Greer
ABRACADABRA SIGNS & DESIGNS
102 Stanley St. Ayr, Ont. Canada

Posts: 602 | From: Ayr, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Tod boy...I find it exciting, intriguing, and inviting. I'm also lookng forward to that draem of someday visiting the museum. Perhaps there is some projects at the museum that we could tackle?

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stewart McLaren
Visitor
Member # 2737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stewart McLaren   Author's Homepage   Email Stewart McLaren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd it sounds great,,we would probably be up for it as we will be hosting a Tickle in the Trossachs 11 12 13 May 2006.Avril and myself it will be something to look forward to after the come down from being hosts. all being well we can come to the zoo too....

--------------------
stewart mclaren
mclaren signs
59 Gean Rd,
ALLOA SCOTLAND
FK10 2JP

Posts: 133 | From: stirling. scotland | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stewart, you couldn't handle the chili on spaghetti that Cincinnatians are so fond of!
....it is a great venue at the Zoo.
I think they have a rare Haggis exhibit.
And one of the monkeys looks like you!
Sincerely, Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tod,

I might take you up on that two decade old offer to tour ST Publications' HQ. I haven't had a good visit with you in a while either. I'll do my best to make it.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto

Not a bad drive from here. I'll take a shot at being there too.

Hey Tod! Maybe Restylers Choice in Cincinatti will sponsor or contribute in some way to the event. Call Doug or Kathy @ 800-733-3316....just a thought

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can think of is the "New Zoo Revue"... that old TV show that was always on before the good shows after school.

With that gaylord Doug playing his accoustic guitar and side-wench Emily jo or whatever banging on her chest. That goofy owl Charlie and the fat hippo woman Henrietta Hippo. Remember the stupid frog, Freddy, who always got in trouble with his lilly pad pal Freeda?

La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La, La-La-La-La-La
La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La, La-La-La-La-La
It’s the New Zoo Revue, coming straight at you...
Where three delightful animals have fun with what they do.
We learn from our friend Doug (our friend Doug!)
and his helper Emmy Jo (Emmy Jo!)
With Freddie!
Charlie!
Henri-e-e-e-e-t-t-a-a-a-a-a-a-a...
We have fun doing something... I can't remember...

Thanks, Tod, I now have that stupid song running through my head. Thank you very, very much. I really owe you one.

BTW... Cincinatti in July or August is fine with us. We might even come... [Wink]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok now, go to bed Bruce.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Dirkes
Visitor
Member # 1000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Dirkes   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Dirkes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tod,
The Zoo in 94 was my first meet, had a blast too!
06 sounds great. I'll be there, hell it's only a half hour from the shop. If I can do anything to help gimme a call.

--------------------
Bill Dirkes
Cornhole Art LLC
Bellevue, Ky.
Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.

Posts: 591 | From: Bellevue,Ky. US | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in!

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Damn you, Brooce. Damn you.
Now I'll be singing that innane ditty ALL FREAKIN' DAY!
I hated that show.
Yins really going?
Love....Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see...

A Letterhead meet at the Zoo, with the American Sign Museum nearby, co-hosted by Sign of the Times.

... maybe we can get Bowers to sing the theme song from "Barney"! [Smile]

Has all the ingredients of a fantastic meet.
Count me in.
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Bogue
Visitor
Member # 3227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara Bogue   Email Sara Bogue       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can count on us as one of the sponsors, Tod.

--------------------
Sara Bogue
105 Whittendale Drive
Moorestown, NJ 08055

Posts: 34 | From: Moorestown, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for steping up to the plate Sara.
National meets are "Always" to ask questions and see products up close and personal

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg McRoberts
Resident

Member # 3501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg McRoberts   Email Greg McRoberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see...50 miles from home? I guess I'm in too!

--------------------
Greg McRoberts
MacSign
Dayton, Ohio

Posts: 388 | From: Dayton, Ohio USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The zoo meet in '94 was a GREAT meet! Our boys almost enjoyed it more than we did. If you have young kids, THIS will be a meet you will NOT want to miss! Then throw in the Sign Museum and the tour of the magazine...THIS should be a winning meet! great IDEA!!! [Applause] [Big Grin]
If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask.

[ December 08, 2004, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristi Percell
Merchant

Member # 255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristi Percell   Author's Homepage   Email Kristi Percell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Todd,

Sounds like it will be a wonderful meet!

You can definatly count on Letterhead Sign Supply for support.

--------------------
Kristi Percell
2013 Bodega Ave
Petaluma, CA 94952

Letterhead Sign Supply
and Percell Signs
Home of the "MicroMeet"

Posts: 352 | From: Petaluma, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Johnson
Visitor
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tod do you think you could keep the meet the same weekend as Mike's next year? I have missed them for years because the old weekend falls on a big show for me . It was good to see you in AC. AJ

--------------------
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson Grafix
Blairstown, NJ
[URL=http://www.alanjohnsongrafix.com]

Posts: 261 | From: Blairstown, NJ | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea - can't wait to see the museum.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to download that song by the Scorpions, I only know 'Rock me like a hurricane' by them.

Turned down an invite by my brother to see them live last week in Sacramento....backstage V.I.P. pass and all.....my brother hangs with the Scorps...but I never liked Heavy metal....

Is Cincinnati hot in the summer?

A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Streicher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot Dog this sounds like the meet to attend but when are we going to do one on the west coast?
Adrienne???

and does the sign museum want a Gerber 4B with the engraver attachment as well, for the where vinyl signs began??? if so let me know...would like it to go to a good home...as it is a antique now was it really 20 yrs ago???

Damn I am getting older maybe it is time to get a real job....I remember before the shop I apprencticed at we were told about this Vinyl stuff that was going to take over the industry (right we said) and we projected onto rolled vinyl and cut out the graphics and text with a exacto knife....so I guess I was a plotter before the 4B...but not by much...

so I say to myself "self it is 12:40 what are you doing on the net you have to pack for vacation go home..."

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Posts: 445 | From: Slidell, LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Dirkes
Visitor
Member # 1000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Dirkes   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Dirkes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrienne,
It's not the heat in Cincy summers; it's the humidity. No wait... it is the heat.

The good folks at the zoo set up "mist tents" in the summertime. They help cool ya down. Or you can wait for a late afternoon pop-up thunderstorm!

Good Fun at any rate

--------------------
Bill Dirkes
Cornhole Art LLC
Bellevue, Ky.
Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.

Posts: 591 | From: Bellevue,Ky. US | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!