Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Change of venue Plotter Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Change of venue Plotter Question
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 5 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bet ya'll thought you would NEVER hear this question coming from me!
My student that I am mentoring is looking for a plotter that will ALSO perforate patterns through
"illistrator" from lap top!
Any suggestions,and or knowledge of such an animal
or letterhead merchants that wwould know and sale?
Especially with good tech support!
As I teach her to letter,she will teach me the "puter knowledge" I will need in the future.

Thanks for your help, in advance

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Howard Keiper

Member # 1250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Howard Keiper   Author's Homepage   Email Howard Keiper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, of course!!

Just try to guess....begins with "G", and comes with a free plug-in for cutting from Illustrator.

hk

--------------------
Howard Keiper
Independent Contractor
Benicia, Ca.
thekeip@comcast.net

GraphtecUSA

Posts: 409 | From: Benicia, Ca., USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard could it be Graphtec????

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also Ioline.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it could be Graphtec. I would bet dollars to donuts!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6453 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What ever it is.. Avoid like the plague..
Any off brand no name or economy cutters.

Nutin wrong with them if you have experience running them. However, Driver isues, manual issues, and other less than desireable problems will appear.

Also, a good plotter will not waste material, or time. So many people have good cutters they can porint you in the right direction if there are any challanges.

Not many people have experience with economy cutters thus not much help. For example. One chat user came in looking for help with a non standard cutter. No one had any experience with it so, another user spent about 6 hours getting her back up running, But, still with some hang ups..

I bought my first cutter after taking this advice from another old timer. And now I see the extra $400 bux I spent for a peroper cutter was well worth it.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would listen to what Howard has to say and purchase one of those Graphtec machines.

How can you go wrong listening to a guy with initials like his?

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Streicher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SUMMA you can't beat it for the money and the pounce option works fine if you pounce it in reverse.... and support they will do anything in their power to make sure you are up and runnning... just my .02

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Posts: 445 | From: Slidell, LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg McRoberts
Resident

Member # 3501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg McRoberts   Email Greg McRoberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Nother vote for Summa here.

--------------------
Greg McRoberts
MacSign
Dayton, Ohio

Posts: 388 | From: Dayton, Ohio USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!