Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » HOGTOWN Check-IN - Thanks Jeff & Robby!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HOGTOWN Check-IN - Thanks Jeff & Robby!
Cheryl Lucas
Visitor
Member # 1656

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cheryl Lucas   Email Cheryl Lucas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don & I, made it home safe. I rolled in the drive-way, 10pm, Sunday. Dropped Don off, at his humble abode, along the way. (cute place!)

I'm tired and not thinking straight, but for now I'd like to say a BIG THANKS, to Jeff, Robby, Family & Crew, for allowing us into the shop to experience HogTown!

As always, it was wonderful reuniting with old friends and meeting Letterheads, alike!

Both Don & I, had a great time! Thank you SO much!!!

Cher.

[ October 17, 2004, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Cheryl Lucas ]

--------------------
Co-Host:
SANDCASTLE Panel Jam
'a Dixie Letterhead Reunion'
Fort Myers, Florida

Cheryl Lucas a/k/a "Shag" on mIRC
Vital Signs & Graphics, Etc.
Cape Coral, Florida
239-574-4713
VSignsNgraphics@aol.com

Posts: 987 | From: Cape Coral, FL USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robbie and I would sincerely like to thank everyone who came to our little meet down here. We finished the mural in 2 days that was 28 feet long and had 7 illustrations, and will be donating it to the city of Gainesville on behalf of the letterheads. I especially want to thank Roger DiNofa, who spent a lot of time on this project, along with Dale Manor, George Morris, Judy Pate, Sheila Ferrell, Carl Bedford, Julie Bertrand, Don Coplen, Ricky Jackson, Mike Stevens and Pat Neve for all their help. Also thanks to Dale for staying late Sunday eve to help complete the mural, and help clean up the shop too.

Also, I would like to thank Diamond Supply for a very generous donation of 1-shot, Everwood, AlumaPanel, and SignCraft for sending us stuff for the meet.And Mike Stevens deserves a special thanks for all his generosity with the meet decals and license tags and other goodies which he donated to the meet.And of course a big thanks goes to John Deaton for the meet logo design.

This was really a fun time for us, and I can't say enough about the pickin on Sat nite...Janet Rucker and Tammy were fantastic, and we enjoyed the evening very much.

I hope all the travelers made it home safe and sound.

[ October 18, 2004, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Ogden ]

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We drove in Saturday night. Sorry we didn't stay through Sunday but I needed the rest. Didn't realize how tired I was.

My daughter loved it and was mad at me for leaving early. She has been showing everyone her little panels she did.

Thanks Robby, Janet & Jeff. Good to see everyone!

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big THANX to Robbie Rucker and his family for a great, great meet!!

Have you all seen his pen & ink drawings on instruments???? [Eek!] Unbelievable!!! Does he have a web-site showing those?????

A big THANX to Jeff and a hats-off for overseein' such a big project!! Can't wait to see the pics Jeff!!!

. . .Had fun just like I knew I would meetin' with all Letterhead freinds and meetin' brand new friends . . . including Wayne Webb and his family ~'specially the other "jam" session!! [Big Grin]

~ Pat Nevman and His family ~ Amy brown and her family . . . and a bunch'a other people . . .

Ricky Jackson, who kicked off the meet for me with an excellent James Brown impersonation [Big Grin]
Leuk...who tells me I'm fat ALL the time, Steve,
Dale, Judy Lynn, Mike, TC Flamer, Lori . . . .too many to name all...but watch this area as my delayed memory makes an appearance... [Big Grin]

My ever-energetic Emily had a great time and even thanked me for takin' her . . . [Smile]
Apparently, she's a JillBeans wanna-be and painted so many panels, I think I owe Robbie a pallet of aluminum . . . [Big Grin]

Already makin' ideas and plans for the next HOGTOWN!! BTW, Gainesville is a beautiful city and full of the nicest people!! [Smile]

[ October 18, 2004, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robbie and Jeff,
LynnDee, Jon and I had a GREAT time at this (our first) Letterhead meet and appreciate your gracious hospitality. It was a humbling and inspiring experience looking at yours and everyone's portfolios. Everyone was so nice and it was good to
finally get to meet some of the great folks who have shared so much of their time, knowledge and encouragement with me here in Letterville. I got to meet Judy, Jeff, Cheryl, Ricky, Roger, Amy, Don, Sheila and a bunch of others. I enjoyed conversing with George(didn't get his last name) and looking at his awesome portfolio. Dusty Yaxley's demonstrations with he wood carving and glass gilding were fantastic and I'm sure glad I remembered to bring the camcorder.

The day was a non-stop feast of blessings. Lunch at Satchel's was no exception. The place was packed, the pizza was good, Sheila kept us all entertained [Rolling On The Floor] and I thought LynnDee was going to pass out laughing.

My son, Jonathan, had fun painting a couple of panels but the main reason he came was for the pickin'. The Sat. evening jam session was so fun, I couldn't believe we played for almost three hours. Time sure flew by. I thought I didn't care for "claw hammer" style banjo until I heard both Janet and Tammy play it. It was just beautiful.

We had a wonderful time.
Thanks very much

[ October 18, 2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Wayne Webb ]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The music WAS aw'sum Wayne!!

Janet plays and sings beautifully and has a bluegrass band. One of her band members, Tammy is a one-woman band herself!! She played the fiddle and 2 different banjo's for us and sings too!! I understand she plays guitar and mandolin as well!!

Wayne's son, Jon has been playin' less than a year but he is really, REALLY good!! I expect to see him on the Grand Ol' Opry someday!!

(Jon, when you get super-rich and famous, I'm sure I'll be needin' a new truck or somethin' . . . . so remember me!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
PS!! You left one of your panels!! We'll mail it to ya!!)

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few items that were left behind...

one folding wood yardstick(old)...looks like an heirloom

1 French Master quill, size 8

Mike Stevens...I have your folding worktable.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,
Looks like hosting a meet is a goot way to acquire new tools! Great shop BTW. I especially like that monster scroll saw Cheryl used to cut out her HDU panel...nice panel too Cheryl.

Sheila, I'm sure Jon would appreciate that. He seemed quite disappointed that he had forgotten his panel but by the time he thought of it, we were a good ways up the road. Our other son, Josh, plays rythm and fingerstyle guitar very well too but he wanted to go bowhunting and it was opening day. Our daughter Jessica plays piano and, though we haven't gotten her on a stringed instrument...yet, her piano playing can bring tears to your eyes. Next time I'll try to bring them all.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Wayne!!
FINE!!
The soon-to-be, super-rich & famous "Webb Trio" can buy me the truck . . [Big Grin]

(I'd like a new Chevrolet, 4-door, dew'ly-deisel, purple-metallic . . .if you really wanna thank me for "believin' in you" you could throw in a nice, new Gibson flat-top too . . . . [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Wayne...

Believe me, it was a pleasure to have the Webb family at our pickin' party. You and Jon were kickin' butt. We are already planning another Hogtown Panel Jam next year...and we hope you folks can come back and see us. There were some good vibes in that room !

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys,

I want to thank Robbie and Jeff for all the work they did in putting on the Hogtown "Double" Jam.....part paintin', part pickin'. Although I didn't get to be involved in the pickin' part of the Jam...I did get to sling some paint.....It was really fun.

It was also fun getting to meet some of the people in person that I have only "seen" on this site.....you guys are all nuts!

I did make it back to Cheddarville OK. I took an alternate flight out of Atlanta and they gave me a $400 voucher for the trouble of one more stop over and an additional 6 hours of travel time. So now I have a plane ticket to use for the next meet...wherever that might be?

I have a bunch of High resolution pictures from the meet...if anyone wants a copy on CD let me know and I'll send one down.

I also want to thank Mike Stevens and Jeff for being my taxi service during my stay.

Hope everyone made it home OK!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Thanks Jeff,
We hope to be able to make it next year too.
Thanks for everything.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevman   Author's Homepage   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got a chance to post...

Thanks to Jeff and Robbie for their great hospitality. The meet was agreat one. Good to see old friends and make new ones. My whole family felt welcome and enjoyed themselves.

I'll be there next year for sure!!

Thanks again...

--------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
Sign Man, Inc.
4580 N. US 1
Melbourne, FL 32935
321-537-8675
Capt. Sign

http://www.twitter.com/Pat_Signman

http://www.facebook.com/PatNeve

Posts: 2279 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So all the musicians were in Florida eh? I hauled the guitar all the way to New Hampshire, but a jam just never happened. All those hours practising and I never got to show off!

[Smile]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl Lucas
Visitor
Member # 1656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl Lucas   Email Cheryl Lucas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awe Steve... Wish you coulda made the trip, a little more south! We had an entire room, full 'o pickin' and a grinnin'! You would have fit in nicely!

I'm sure someone out there, has a pic of the jam session and I'd also like to see a pic of that 'monster' bansaw!

Also, did anyone get a pic of 'Robbie the Robot'?

Cher.

--------------------
Co-Host:
SANDCASTLE Panel Jam
Fort Myers, Florida

Cape Coral, Florida
239-574-4713
VSignsNgraphics@aol.com

Posts: 987 | From: Cape Coral, FL USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger DiNofa
Visitor
Member # 2781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger DiNofa   Email Roger DiNofa       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all I'd like to thank Jeff and Robby for throwing a great meet. The music Saturday nite was a real treat. Couldn't have ask for a better weekend.Lori and I didn't get back to Waynesville till yesterday afternoon. She also said she had a great time at her first meet and really enjoyed meeting everybody. Thanks Roger

--------------------
Roger DiNofa
Hattiesburg, MS

Posts: 147 | From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Cheryl,
My shot of you cutting out the sign on that king sized scroll saw is on the camcorder. If you want, I'll send a copy. But the film will have to be edited first.....Sometime during the excitement I forgot to turn off the camera and as it's hanging there by the shoulder strap... it turns out there's this really cool scene of Mike Stevens' shoes as I'm standing there talking with him... [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] Nices shoes Mike! [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Cheryl Lucas
Visitor
Member # 1656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl Lucas   Email Cheryl Lucas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wayne,

EDIT? For some deranged reason, I think I'd like to hear the audio, during the 'scene' of Mike's shoes. [Wink] Ha!

Heck yeah, I'd love to see what I looked like while cutting that panel! Was my tounge sticking out, clinched in my teeth! LOL [Smile]

BTW, I asked Robby if he could clone that 'unit,' since it's kin to my table saw... 1942? I'd need to take up a collection, to pay for the shipping & receiving!

Cher.

--------------------
Co-Host:
SANDCASTLE Panel Jam
Fort Myers, Florida

Cape Coral, Florida
239-574-4713
VSignsNgraphics@aol.com

Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

I don't know...I think the camera is trained on the sign...but it helps to hold your mouth a certain way.

Bet that saw weighs half a ton.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

We got a package from Pat King today...he sent some panels, car tags, and the following letter...

"Hello everyone from Pat King:

Here is some items for discussion by all to help my need to be present(at least in spirit). NOT my best work, but FUN to do using different mediums for experimental purposes.

Includes photo of work in progress(Cheryl Lucas. Several 'tricks' for Sheila Ferrell, glass beads being one. Kathy Joiner's 'Coup De Main' panel(mirror image). Hogtown panel with use of paint and sharpie marker just for fun. Vinyl, paint, goldleaf scorpion just for fun Florida letterheads tag for design, first come first serve.

As for Bobbie.."If we knew we were going to live this long, we would have taken better care of ourselves." Barrage of tests for end phase liver transplant, keeps me away ! Chemotherapy treatments for Bobbie's lymphoma cancer is the main reason for her absence from the meet. These steps are meant to extend our lifespans for future meets !

Please pray for us and take LOTS of photos of the meet."

Pat & Bobbie King
Duckie & Duckette

I will send Sheila and Kathy their panels, and Cher her picture. Also will try to get picture of remaining two panels...will save them along with the tags for next years's meet.(yes we'll do it again).

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] Uncle Pat made ME a panel!!! COOL!!!

Can't wait to get it!!! OOOOO' it's like Christmas!! [Big Grin]

[Thanks]

Pat, we missed y'all bein' there . . . I'm really gettin' into the meet curcuit!!!! [Wink]
I will always believe I missed the best meet when I missed Dixie at your place . . .that was BC for me (before computer [Wink]

[ October 20, 2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "package" didn't make the meet either?
Next years meet is being looked forward to already!

Can't wait to see the photos

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

PAT!!
Pics of the Hog Town meet are on this post:

HOG TOWN MEET PICTURES - by JUDY PATE (Oct 19)

I JUST E-mailed them to ya . . ..

[Wink]

Hope this helps [Big Grin]

[ October 21, 2004, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Cheryl Lucas
Visitor
Member # 1656

Pat,

Glad to see you got your 'puter up and running again! And, so sorry both you and Bobbie were unable to attend HogTown.

Know, that I can keep a secret; I didn't peep a single word to Shelia about the panel you sent for her!

I had both Jeff and Robby, on the look-out for your package. Asked about it, everyday!

Certainly, you were there in spirit! Everytime I pick up a brush, (and clean one) I think of you... I practiced my sig, on Sunday, before attempting to sign a panel. I used what I thought was a forgotten piece of butcher paper, until I seen one of Pat Neve's kids make away with it! Embarrassing for me, but hey I tried. I did manage to put a decient sig on one of Shelia's panels, so all turned out well! [Wink]

Take good care of Bobbie. We already know, she takes good care of you! See you both soon!

Love ya,
Cher.

--------------------
Co-Host:
SANDCASTLE Panel Jam
Fort Myers, Florida

Cape Coral, Florida
239-574-4713
VSignsNgraphics@aol.com

John Meeks
Visitor
Member # 5081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Meeks   Author's Homepage   Email John Meeks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not get to go to the Hogtown jam, but had a heck of a good time in Hew Hampshire. Although, thanks from all the folks here at Everwood for allowing us to be included in a small way in the your jam. Thanks to Jeff and Robbie for opportunity to send product in.
Thanks again,
John

"Roses are red, violets are blue... My toe nails are not orange anymore, I really preferred blue."

--------------------
John P Meeks
The Sign Shoppe, Inc.
Everwood
200 Brozzini Ct.
Greenville, SC 29615
864-275-5140

Posts: 44 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl Lucas
Visitor
Member # 1656

John,

I worked with Everwood, while at HogTown! Got it blasted and primed, but it still needed some fine tuning and now have it at the shop, to work on in my spare time.

Wish you could have been in two places at once, as I wished the same for myself. Missed seeing all those at the Looney meet, too!

But, all is not lost in this experience! We, were blessed to meet Vince, who represented Everwood in your absence! It was his first Letterhead meet!

Thanks, for sending product!

Cher.

--------------------
Co-Host:
SANDCASTLE Panel Jam
Fort Myers, Florida

Cape Coral, Florida
239-574-4713
VSignsNgraphics@aol.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!