Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Gas Prices - OT (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gas Prices - OT
Darryl Gomes
Visitor
Member # 98

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darryl Gomes   Email Darryl Gomes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a web site that has plans to make a hydrogen generator for your car. It makes hydrogen out of water and injects it into the breather box. Says you should see up to a 50% increase in mileage.

Hydrogen Boost

I know a lot of you are very multi talented, maybe you can give some advise or suggestions on building one of these.

**Edit** I think I will start a new post for this..

Darryl

[ May 19, 2004, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Darryl Gomes ]

--------------------
Darryl Gomes
Underwood, Ontario

Posts: 296 | From: Underwood Ontario Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, most of the time I'm in agreement with you...but on your last post we part ways.

C'mon man, that's harsh...and maybe a little bit of a conspiracy theory. When gas prices were high under Clinton, we weren't "at war"...so I don't think there's much merit to that theory.

Besides, why would they want to keep prices high? It means people don't drive quite as much...I know that I think twice before taking a frivolous drive.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be thankful you're car doesn't run on "after shave" or worse yet "perfume" (price per ounce)

We've had good way too long ...it has to catch up with us sooner or later...besides now you can raise your prices and have a good excuse.

And if you think I'm happy about this ...you're wrong...just like you I'm trying to adjust!

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Broughton
Visitor
Member # 2237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Broughton   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Broughton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] or beer Monte [Smile] that would cost me £18 a gallon [Smile]

--------------------
Steve Broughton
Alpha Grafix Signs
Lowfields Road
Benington, Boston
Lincolnshire, England

Posts: 315 | From: Boston, Lincolnshire, England | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one way to look at it Monte, or another is that they, (Europeans) have had it bad for so long and now we are joining their plight.
Too bad it isn't the other way around and they would get our prices.
Markets fluctuate and who is to say this isn't only temporary.
I wish people would save their outrages for bigger problems that we can influence, but hey, that's the way it is.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about this...

With the current price of gasoline and the average of 25,000 miles a year on my 6 cylinder Ford Ranger truck, it's going to cost over $5000.00 in gas to drive it. That's one third the purchase price fot the truck when I bought it off the lot.

Ford created an electric powered Ranger a few years ago in response to the possibility of tightened air pollution standards that were being considered in California at that time. 1500 of them were produced and leased to private citizens.
A recent news report I saw showed that Ford is now pressuring the people who have these trucks to neither sell nor buy them, but to return them to Ford....so they can be destroyed.

Politics aren't the issue here...greed and power are the real stakes here.

The big car companies keep shunting out newer, more fuel efficent technologies based on one premise... "It's not a profitable market yet."

No, it's not profitable yet, but sooner or later, it'll come. Oil, although bountiful in the middle east these days, is a FINITE resource. Sooner or later, it's going to run out and the car companies are going to need someone else to get in bed with for the almighty dollar...because the well will have run dry.

We tend to be a reaction based country, and only get things done when the !@%&* hits the fan.

Thirty years ago we were looking at the same sitiation...how long before we learn from the past.
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray, you must be too far up north, Both Toyota and Honda sell Hybrid vehicles, meaning both gas and electric in one. The Toyota Prius was voted car of the year somewhere, its a nice looking 4 door and you can't hear a thing when started, not even at 75 mph when I drove one. Toyota also has an SUV coming by September. GM now has Hybrid buses and is selling them to cities in almost every state as we type. Theres so much going on in the vehicle world it would make your head spin.

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Burke
Visitor
Member # 2674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Burke   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Burke       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what gets lost in our outrage is the government taxes. Companies are OBVIOUSLY out to make money, and as much as we know we are gouging us, the thing that rankles me is that for example, in Nova Scotia we pay around 45 cents PER LITER in taxes, or essentially 45%tax rate. imagine if we paid 45% taxes on anything else (besides income of course). THAT is what we need to get upset about!!!

--------------------
Steve Burke
Cascades Inc
NS Canada

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you

Posts: 359 | From: NS Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey - Don't be totally fooled by the wild mileage statements Hybrid manufacturers are making. Yes, they DO give better mileage...but check out this link for a Consumer's Reports look at the false EPA mileage estimates these folks are posting.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BB21CF567-A36C-4EF0-8E64-D8177D37D004%7D&siteid=google&dist=google

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Duncan
Visitor
Member # 316

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Mike Duncan   Email Mike Duncan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Dunno] What really pi$$es me off is that we have four refineries within 25 miles of us and we are paying $2.29+ a gallon. My folks live in Astoria, Oregon and usually gas is a few cents higher there because its farther to truck it in. Mothers Day I was down there and gas was as cheap or cheaper than it is here-go figure-can you say price gouging? [Dunno]

--------------------
Mike Duncan(from the left coast)
Astoria, Oregon

Posts: 367 | From: Astoria, Oregon 97103 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a thirsty V10 F250 that gets 10 mpg when I tip toe on the hammer. The pump's auto shut off at $50 bucks is a real pizzer. My 25 gal tank is only 3/4 full requiring another transaction or getting me back to the pump in two days instead of 3.

What a waste of time.....Anyway, God put enough fuel under ground for thousands of years and I intend to get my share. HAHAHAHAHA!

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Largent
Visitor
Member # 4606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Largent   Email John Largent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santo gets it, I get it, what happened to the rest of you? It's a politically caused fuel shortage . . . The Dems want Bush to look bad at election time, the Bushies are ****ed because Congress, more specifically the Senate, dissed his Energy bill last year and tabled it.

The treehuggers won't let the ohl companies build new modern refineries, cause they might pollute something. But I've noticed a dearth of Treehuggers driving SUVs with Bicycles or Kayaks on top, complete with bumper stickers. And everytime you see Kerry going somewhere, its in a Suburban! Notice?

And those damned reindeer, they don't care, there's more of 'em on the north slope now than there ever was before they started drilling up there. Why ANWAR? It'll help amortize and add life to the pipeline from Valdez to the North Slope. That was an expensive deal! Still political!

--------------------
everybody dances different!

large-hotrodart

1022Palmer
Pueblo, CO 81004
719/543-7440
large44@comcast.net

Posts: 161 | From: Pueblo, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!