Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » HOW many,HOW big,HOW soon?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HOW many,HOW big,HOW soon?
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 3 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BIG SALE at this link
www.GerstnerUSA.com
Had several people asking where I got mine!

OK Bill...point and click

hope this helps

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Pat! I noticed they don't give 'em away even if you finish them yourself. Which one is yours?

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg McRoberts
Resident

Member # 3501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg McRoberts   Email Greg McRoberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gerstners are made here in Dayton and are widely considered to be one of the finest hand-made tool cabinets going. They've alway been prized by machinists and craftsmen and most anyone using hi-quality tools.

I still have my Dad's box that he had for many years and it's still in perfect shape.

IMHO buy one and you won't be sorry.

--------------------
Greg McRoberts
MacSign
Dayton, Ohio

Posts: 388 | From: Dayton, Ohio USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 14 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah those boxes aren't inexpensive, You're a lucky guy Pat to have one of them babies!!!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There used to be several companies that built those but Gerstner is pretty much the only one still around. I managed to get twins... 2 oak ones made by Union. I've refinished one, haven't touched the other yet. I've found some the same as mine on antique websites & they're dated in 1930s or earlier.

Decided to add picts of my Union box. When I refinished it, I used orange felt instead of the green cause I like orange. [Smile] The front cover slides under the bottom drawer when it's open.  -  -

[ May 13, 2004, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Kissymatina ]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin W. Betz
Resident

Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin W. Betz   Email Kevin W. Betz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool site.

As they say: A craftsman is only as good as his tool's.
I bet if I carry one of those kit's with me,
I wouldn't have to explain my cost to them. Image has alot to do with the way customer's respond.
What a nice way to present your-self and your work!

--------------------
Kevin Betz
KB Sign Company
21321 Ulrich
Clinton Township, MI 48036
kbsigncompany@att.net

Posts: 229 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF I paid that much for a kit....I would be so busy guarding it...that I'd never get any work done!

Think that I'll stick to the big plastic boxes from Home depot!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [FYI]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Osborne   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Osborne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice boxes,Nice site >>BUT HEY , NICE LOGO!!

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

"When happiness shows up always give it a comfortable seat"

Posts: 353 | From: Midhurst ,West sussex, Britain | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 3 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Make sure you put this puppy on a "Killerkart" for
that EXTRA $$$$ look

hope this works

[ May 13, 2004, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: PKing ]

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 10 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOT to be out gunned by Chris

it did work!

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friendly little bumpy,for my huba huba hubby.
better known as Duckie!

[ May 14, 2004, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: PKing ]

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Mark Smith

Member # 298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.gerstnerusa.com/custom.htm

And look at their design policies! EXCELLENT! And I bet it doesn't cost them any work to insist on it and charge for it.

--------------------
Best Regards,
Mark Smith
EstiMate Sign Pricing Software
It's Not Luck. It's EstiMate.™
http://www.EstiMateSoftware.com
1-888-304-3300

Posts: 724 | From: Asheville, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm like Si, I'd be embarassed to put a pic of mine on this board -- they'd run me out of town. Chris, your box is cool, but Pat's with the striping and brushes just so -- MERCY!!!

I saw that box at Letter Rip and did a double take. I thought "Whoa"! Not that I'm ever going to get that advanced and all, but you know, you've got to aspire to something.

I can't remember what you told me those brushes were laying on, Mr. Duck. Could you go over that again?

Do you honestly think a guy as neat as this deserves a beautiful kit box?  -

[ May 14, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Bill Diaz ]

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, I usually pull the brush drawer out & set on my table. The rest of the kit sets on a counter way on the other side of the room from me. Figured that was a good idea after my stepson met my puppy for the first time & asked why he had dried blood on him. It was burgundy one-shot. [Smile]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secretly, Pat King never uses that box either, Chris. He just takes it to meets to show off. Most people think those paint splatters on his bibs are because he's trying to be trendy, but we know better, those are from paintin' barns on a windy day, isn't that a fact, Pat? LOL

Everything I own has paint on it, and Jane stopped cussin' at me years ago because of this quirk of mine. She hides me from the persnickady customers. If I accidently bump into them I apologize and say, I just work here!

Whoops, look at the time -- beer 30, gotta go!

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you believe I have to take this guy home at nights!! [Big Grin] [Dunno]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl Lucas
Visitor
Member # 1656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl Lucas   Email Cheryl Lucas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane,

Have you met Bobbie, Pat's wife? The two of you need to have a talk! It's no wonder Pat came up with the 'splatter jam' on his clothing!

Hey Pat, where's the maul stick?

Cher.

--------------------
Co-Host:
SANDCASTLE Panel Jam
'a Dixie Letterhead Reunion'
Fort Myers, Florida

Cheryl Lucas a/k/a "Shag" on mIRC
Vital Signs & Graphics, Etc.
Cape Coral, Florida
239-574-4713
VSignsNgraphics@aol.com

Posts: 987 | From: Cape Coral, FL USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 16 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill; "Floral Clay" are the holders! Courtesy of
Kathy Joiner's suggestion.

Cheryl; If the space is empty,It must me in use by me doing a panel for Linda Synder(VITAL SIGNS)

Jane;Paint is on the OutSide,what you take home with you is located on the InSide!

Chris;I like your set up as well

The customer needs to be reaching for the WALLET
while talking to the "ILLUSION" put before them!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Come on, Pat, what's the green stuff that supports those brushes? Please tell me, please, oh please. In the spirit of all things letterhead -- pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat, I read your post...then I read Bill's...(he is over here at the shop on a Saturday working on the roof leak) and I went and told him that you TOLD you what was holding your brushes!! He laughed and said [Confused] " Well, I didn't know what floral clay was!" I explained to to him for ya!! hehaheha God love him!! He MEANS well!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Sorry, Pat! Jane just told me "FLORAL CLAY!" I read right over that passage in your post. I'm just your classic Nimrod! And here I thought you were just trying to be sweet with me! [Dunno]

Heavens, I didn't know what "Floral Clay" was! Ask Jane about the time I mowed over some Peonias. I will be sure to inquire more about this floral clay. Would it be safe for me to assume you can purchase this item at a Floral Shop? Do you think it would look spazzy in my paint splattered fishing tackle box I purchased from Wally World to carry my tools of the trade around? I am trying to upgrade myself don'tyaknow!!!!! LOL

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 16 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill;Kathy Joiner directed me to the Wal=mart floral Department or ANY arts and crafts store.

As far as I can tell,that "green stuff" improves
anything!
Kind of a Womens answer to "Duct Tape",lots of uses..........just prettier!
Might even fix a roof
he he he

hope this helps

[ May 16, 2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: PKing ]

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!