Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Wine labels anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wine labels anyone?
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a request for approx 250 wine labels. Anybody print these, or can you recommend a wholesale printer that produces them? If you printed them yourself, how much would you charge for them? I do have an alps 5000 printer that could finally make me a little money, but I could probably farm them out for less than the ink cartridges would cost.

What would you do?

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd sell the ALPS 5000 on Ebay and farm out the work. Just got $250 for my 1300 last week.

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SueLynn,

Call Ron Percell in Petaluma, CA...he is knee-deep in the heart of the CA Wine Country. I'm sure this has come up for him at some point or he would know of a supplier.

Sorry, I don't have the number at my fingertips.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicki Powell
Visitor
Member # 3796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vicki Powell   Author's Homepage   Email Vicki Powell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Suelynn,

I print labels for a local candle company, we use clear label stock with gold medal foil for the print, they are very classy looking. The cost depends on the size of the label actually, if you could e-mail me the details, I would be happy to give you an estimate.

Vicki
VickiPowell@centurytel.net

--------------------
Vicki Powell
Here's Your Sign
16048 Hwy 96
Ordway, CO 81063
VickiPowell@centurytel.net
www.heresyoursign.biz

Posts: 43 | From: Ordway, CO | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Burke
Visitor
Member # 2674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Burke   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Burke       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suelynn,

Those types of labels are generally done by a commercial printer on stuff called "dry gum". It is just paper with adhesive on the back that is dampened then applied.

--------------------
Steve Burke
Cascades Inc
NS Canada

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you

Posts: 359 | From: NS Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.labelnet.com

click under Foil labels and request a dealer package,service is excellent

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Jones
Visitor
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our pastor had a family reunion and had use print a label he put on oil bottles. We did them on the gerber. They turned out really nice. I can check on the prices if you like. It was a year ago so I don't recall what it was. But if you want we can do that if you like.

Teresa

--------------------
Randy Jones
Speed FX
P.O.Box 43094
Baltimore,Md.21236 U.S.A.

Keep looking up...

Posts: 77 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!